Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes!

This is why I countered someone's "Black and White!11!!!" and "AP will still exist!!1!!!" posts with a long explanation about the concept of "deterrence". 

I don't think anyone really believes a "deterrent" (like a Rule change) is supposed to completely prevent something from happening, that would be impossible in most cases.  So my point is, when someone says "it won't work", they don't get it.

to most people “it wont work” means “it wont stop it”

😂

21 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

This really is the meat and potatoes of all this. I think SL knows that they can't stop ***play.  

Then why bother upsetting thousands of users and make them paranoid whether their look is old enough for the tiny minority who might be indulging in some a*eplay? Doesn't make sense to treat your customer base like that.

• Thanks 1

Since any study done about virtual or online CP is only studying those who have already been caught, it's pretty useless information, IMO.  As so much child abuse is not reported, no one can truly say if online/virtual depictions played a role in RL offenses or not.

As to RL abuse making someone more vulnerable in SL to accidentally being coerced into AP?   I'm almost certain LL is not going to take any RL psychological issues into account when judging if something is indeed AP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

As so much child abuse is not reported

Often, not reported for 20-30+ years due to the stigma involved!

Fixing big problems require long-term solutions and reporting.  While some may be saying, "it doesn't work, why bother" - I think that defeatist attitude is self-fulfilling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We would have gotten away with a Shawty's thread if it wasn't for those pesky kids!! \o/

_38130351_scooby300.jpg

hehehe

I heart me some Scoob, we've even got LGBT representation with Fred and his "gay-signaling ascot"!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I heart me some Scoob, we've even got LGBT representation with Fred and his "gay-signaling ascot"!

I mostly remember the movie.. I didn't really watch the cartoons too much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Often, not reported for 20-30+ years due to the stigma involved!

Fixing big problems require long-term solutions and reporting.  While some may be saying, "it doesn't work, why bother" - I think that defeatist attitude is self-fulfilling.

"If no one sees it, it's not illegal" seems to be what some are saying about sexual AP in SL.   If the new rules do nothing but make someone think twice about engaging, that might be all we can expect.   Is there anything guaranteed to keep it out of SL?  Of course not but that doesn't mean you stop trying.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

"If no one sees it, it's not illegal" seems to be what some are saying about sexual AP in SL.  

Which is like saying that it's okay to engage in illegal activities in real life as long as you don't record yourself doing them 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

"If no one sees it, it's not illegal" seems to be what some are saying about sexual AP in SL.   If the new rules do nothing but make someone think twice about engaging, that might be all we can expect.   Is there anything guaranteed to keep it out of SL?  Of course not but that doesn't mean you stop trying.  

The "It doesn't work, stop trying" group is getting on my nerves.

For example: Since the recent "black and white" argument seems both late, and full of logical fallacies, I personally don't even want to see the explanation (not that I expect a coherent one).  It's just another distraction trying to change the subject, like when "BDSM" is brought up, conflating it somehow with AP.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Then why bother upsetting thousands of users and make them paranoid whether their look is old enough for the tiny minority who might be indulging in some a*eplay? Doesn't make sense to treat your customer base like that.

That's the users that are paranoid not LL making them that way.  You are doing it to yourself.  All these threads on the TOS and has LL come on to verify any of the worries are valid? Nope, all they did was respond and reiterate what the new rules are. If you are paranoid figure out why because I'm certainly not worried at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
44 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

This really is the meat and potatoes of all this. I think SL knows that they can't stop ***play.  

Because even stopping "SOME of it" is worthwhile.

I'm at this point: If someone doesn't like the TOS change, I assume they must like AP.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The "It doesn't work, stop trying" group is getting on my nerves.

For example: Since the recent "black and white" argument seems both late, and full of logical fallacies, I personally don't even want to see the explanation (not that I expect a coherent one).  It's just another distraction trying to change the subject, like when "BDSM" is brought up, conflating it somehow with AP.

Will it stop it completely? No. 

Will it make it harder? Yes. 

Should LL make it harder for criminals to commit crimes on their platform? Yes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

That's the users that are paranoid not LL making them that way.  You are doing it to yourself.  All these threads on the TOS and has LL come on to verify any of the worries are valid? Nope, all they did was respond and reiterate what the new rules are. If you are paranoid figure out why because I'm certainly not worried at all.

I like the way you think.

It's an eye-opener when I realize, only a very small number of users on the Forum are making a loud ruckus about the changes.  (A "vocal minority".)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Ambiguous policies with no clear directions and even a lack of appropriate content (modesty panels)  lead to paranoia. LL obviously went off half cocked. Simple to see for everyone but 3-4 shrill residents arguing purposelessly in this thread.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

t's an eye-opener when I realize, only a very small number of users on the Forum are making a loud ruckus about the changes.  (A "vocal minority".)

You can say this because you are only in 3rd place for the post leaders in this topic.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

Which is like saying that it's okay to engage in illegal activities in real life as long as you don't record yourself doing them 🤣

totally different and you know it 

52 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Will it stop it completely? No. 

Will it make it harder? Yes. 

Should LL make it harder for criminals to commit crimes on their platform? Yes. 

its only a crime it you record it 😂

an adult having virtual sex with an adult playing a child is not a crime, any pictures you take depict the virtual child in a sexual setting, and in many places, that IS a crime.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
32 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

You can say this because you are only in 3rd place for the post leaders in this topic.

usually he is in first place, last time i looked, I was first 😂

"Busy" topics are hard to keep up in.

You can only disagree with people so many times, and it gets old.

Meanwhile, those same people keep putting forth newer, and more bizarre and irrelevant theories!

There is literally very little incentive to participate in a conversation where the other person refuses to compromise.

You LIKE AP. I get it! I guess someone has to! 🙂

14 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

its only a crime it you record it 😂

an adult having virtual sex with an adult playing a child is not a crime, any pictures you take depict the virtual child in a sexual setting, and in many places, that IS a crime.

Consumption of CP is also illegal.  Meaning, watching it, be engrossed in it.   Whether it's recorded or not, in respect to SL, wouldn't matter.  You're watching/consuming it.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You're watching/consuming it.

An artist paints a lewd picture of age-play with children in his private studio.  Then he says, ehh, that will never get by the school board for the high school flag.  So he burns his painting. 

Did he commit a crime?

(Note the artist was Canadian.eh?)

Edited by Jaylinbridges

Throws a  table in the room

Then tosses a phone on the table with Spotify running..

A  loud scraping noise fills the room as Ceka slowly slides her  headphones over the room covering the entrance and exit.. Because this is SL and that's possible.

Clicks play to put the topic back on 18+ Shawty's and not those 17 and under shorty's.

Oh, We comin to a sim near you alright! Betta let us in or we burn you house down. hehehe

:P

16 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Did he commit a crime?

That probably depends on the culture, the laws, and the definition of "crime" under that culture's laws.

Are you looking for a safe way to get away with drawing dirty pictures?  It's an interesting line of questioning, if not.

• Like 1