Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I look at that picture and I think her mom had just dressed her up to go to church

....My mom would have whooped me going to church in a dress like that.

That is too much flesh showing, the skirt of the dress is too short., legs are too exposed, low cut front, you can tell showing cleavage. That would be a one way ticket to butt being spanked.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You're implying other games have no need of slex to be popular and I'm saying there is a lot more slex going on on those other platforms then you seem to think.

Am I? I don't remember saying that... Are you a mind reader? If it's not said, it's not implied. That is  your interpretation.

Implications are neither defensible or provable. So it's best to respond to what someone says, rather than what one thinks someone is saying.

If unsure what their position is, or if you need clarifying, then ask for it. Don't make up their position then respond to it.. that's called a strawman.

And Roblox going to a more realistic avatar by popular demand. We know what that will do to the sex drive of the platform.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know what it will do, and neither do 'we', whoever you're speaking for. Their customers are growing older now, and wanting to branch out into more adult platforms. I doubt anytime soon that Roblox will implement ADULT areas, but you never know. We shouldn't be debating what MIGHT happen, I'm talking about here and now - because it helps discussion when the goal posts don't keep moving around.

All SL has to do imo is make their viewer UI's user friendly as well as push Creators and Stores to adopt a uniform content delivery mechanism, preferably that would make it much simpler to demo an outfit. 

There are many factors, yes, but I wasn't addressing those at this moment.

Edited by Codex Alpha

9 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Am I? I don't remember saying that... Are you a mind reader? If it's not said, it's not implied. That is  your interpretation.

Implications are neither defensible or provable. So it's best to respond to what someone says, rather than what one thinks someone is saying.

If unsure what their position is, or if you need clarifying, then ask for it. Don't make up their position then respond to it.. that's called a strawman.

I don't know what it will do, and neither do 'we', whoever you're speaking for. Their customers are growing older now, and wanting to branch out into more adult platforms. I doubt anytime soon that Roblox will implement ADULT areas, but you never know. We shouldn't be debating what MIGHT happen, I'm talking about here and now - because it helps discussion when the goal posts don't keep moving around.

There are many factors, yes, but I wasn't addressing those at this moment.

I'm sorry Codex but you seem to be flailing here.

You said initially "One could make a case with that and other platforms that all having a great time without having to simulate avatar slex." 

That was what you said initially in black and white, no mind reading required. That is what I responded to. Do you have an argument against that other then trying to prove I didn't understand what you said?

• Like 3

On 5/9/2024 at 5:32 PM, Kathlen Onyx said:

You do realize that is Roleplaying right? You don't REALLY think you are actually riding a 7ft tall guy do you?

Everytime you play anything online as a certain character, that is not yourself.... you are roleplaying. So she, the person behind the camera, is Roleplaying as BilliJo. The only way you cannot roleplay is if you make your avatar the actual you and name it after your real self, which is not a thing anyone should be doing.

When I am online, I am Star, when i am in rl, I am not Star.

Idk why people do not understand this. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Everytime you play anything online as a certain character, that is not yourself.... you are roleplaying. So she, the person behind the camera, is Roleplaying as BilliJo. The only way you cannot roleplay is if you make your avatar the actual you and name it after your real self, which is not a thing anyone should be doing.

I think it just that some people are not able to immerse themselves into their character as well as others.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I'm sorry Codex but you seem to be flailing here.

You said initially "One could make a case with that and other platforms that all having a great time without having to simulate avatar slex." 

That was what you said initially in black and white, no mind reading required. That is what I responded to. Do you have an argument against that other then trying to prove I didn't understand what you said?

Did you quote that exact passage, then make a relevant response to it? Nope. It is you who are adding confusion to the discussion. I guess I will have to exit this with you particularly on this issue, as you're not acting in good faith again.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

Meanwhile Roblox has 5.5 million users

Kids, not adults spending money., which is why, unlike SL, Crapblox has NEVER made a profit, and indeed is losing about $300,000,000 EVERY 3 months.

3 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

Even the pioneers of Sansar by SL'ers demanded that slex be added or 'it won't get any new people'

And they were right, Sansar got sold off because it was unpopular drek with more staff than users.

3 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

all having a great time without having to simulate avatar slex.

Every puritan friendly G rated failed-metaverse wannabe has FAILED.

SL hasn't. Are you learning yet ?

Perhaps you could consider that which you think draws people to SL is actually keeping them away.

If that's true, why is SL the one that's actually MAKING money rather than losing it?

Take a look at SL user numbers. In gamer communities

Comparing user numbers to MMO's, shows SL is ion the top 20.

reading my posts and understanding the points and the position I hold

I do.

I understand your position on this is factually WRONG.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Kids, not adults spending money., which is why, unlike SL, Crapblox has NEVER made a profit, and indeed is losing about $300,000,000 EVERY 3 months.

And they were right, Sansar got sold off because it was unpopular drek with more staff than users.

Every puritan friendly G rated failed-metaverse wannabe has FAILED.

SL hasn't. Are you learning yet ?

If that's true, why is SL the one that's actually MAKING money rather than losing it?

Comparing user numbers to MMO's, shows SL is ion the top 20.

I do.

I understand your position on this is factually WRONG.

They don't know that the most popular MMORPGs protect their "RPing community" Including the ERPing community. WoW has a huge ERP community, so does FFXIV. Without those people, they would stop being popular.

Look at how they did with Phantasy Star Online 2: NGS. They stopped grown adults people from ERPing.... now it's a dead game. It's a Mature rated game. Now it's not doing so good.

Edited by Starberry Passion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You're only figuring this out now?

I like to give people a lot of chances and the benefit of the doubt. I am, also, a person who like to see proof. I see it for myself and now I realize they are a troll.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Starberry Passion said:

The more I see you, the more you talk, the more I feel like you're a troll.

Misquoting someone in part, and not in their entirety, and then responding to it like that is not in good faith. It comes across as dishonest.

3 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

Yeah, the Teddy bear didn't start out as a popular child's toy, though it is represented as childhood. A lot of adults, today, still have and sleep with a teddy bear, Including straight men.

You made a claim that I thought was hilarious, so I reacted in accordance with that. Unfortunately, I'm not a troll, so I have to stand by my posts and opinions - though they constantly get misquoted and rephrased as to cause maximum derailment, or to avoid conceding something.

Now away from your personal attacks, back to what you posted, that I reacted to.

And as is most common here, people seem to want to argue all day about what is child-like or not, what is a child's toy, hairstyle, dress and to me that's very bizarre. Sometimes frustrating, sometimes suspicius, and many other times -  completely laughable.

Edited by Codex Alpha

3 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

I am in the USA, I am 5 11, very few women here are taller than me.

I'm 5' and living in the USA and almost everyone is taller than me... even lots of kids 😂

3 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

The UX and UI keep people away. SL is almost unique in how difficult it can be for a new user to onboard, understand the purpose of the platform, navigate, understand how to look good, figure out what to do, etc.

It'd be like me giving you all the pieces to a complex board game and no rules.

I struggled a lot figuring out the interface, and I had someone helping me.  I think it could probably be designed with a more user friendly way.

1 hour ago, Starberry Passion said:

They don't know that the most popular MMORPGs protect their "RPing community" Including the ERPing community. WoW has a huge ERP community, so does FFXIV. Without those people, they would stop being popular.

Look at how they did with Phantasy Star Online 2: NGS. They stopped grown adults people from ERPing.... now it's a dead game. It's a Mature rated game. Now it's not doing so good.

I have tried a few MMOs, and pretty much all of them ended up having ERP going on, and it wasn't hard to find. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, Kathlen Onyx said:

Well then what in the world are you worried about. If you aren't RPing you aren't doing anything to get AR'd for.

When I am with a guy, i'm not rping the deed, but if someone thought I was a child engaged in adult activity, I could be ARed, that is what I worry about

20 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

When I am with a guy, i'm not rping the deed, but if someone thought I was a child engaged in adult activity, I could be ARed, that is what I worry about

Doing the "deed" on SL is RPing. SMH, are you having sex in real life with this person? No? Then you are RPing it.  Unless of course you both are just watching your avatars go at it which would be weird to do with another person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Doing the "deed" on SL is RPing. SMH, are you having sex in real life with this person? No? Then you are RPing it.  Unless of course you both are just watching your avatars go at it which would be weird to do with another person.

i disagree, I'm IN second life, doing it  just as if i was  doing it in RL. If we were pretending to be a teacher and student, THAT would be rp

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff
  • Haha 1

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

i guess when I couples dance with someone, thats rp too 😂

I don't know, because how we all  'interpret' things are all different, so there can be no agreement on anything... at all. :D

Just now, Codex Alpha said:

I don't know, because how we all  'interpret' things are all different, so there can be no agreement on anything... at all. :D

yep, her and I will have to agree to disagree. I just don't like the condescending "i'm right, you are wrong" tone, which  I'm pretty sure is  NOT rp

3 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

yep, her and I will have to agree to disagree. I just don't like the condescending "i'm right, you are wrong" tone, which  I'm pretty sure is  NOT rp

Smiles :) Nope not RP. I'm on a forum not in avatar form. 

You're welcome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It's all about winning here, not understanding or learning.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 2:12 AM, Starberry Passion said:

Sorry about responding to this a few days later, RL has been intrusive.

I would question your assertion which I bolded.

I'll work up to it incrementally :D

My name in RL is not my email address. It is, however, entirely unique to me. Nobody else in the world can have that same email address. When I receive email to that address, I respond to it as the RL me even though that address is not my 'real name'. So we're already seeing a disconnect between a net 'identity' and reality which has no bearing on how I react 'as' that identity.

So naming an SL avatar with my exact RL name is not necessary for it to be representative of the 'real me'.

If we extend that ... how necessary is it that my avatar LOOK like me to represent the 'real me'?

I offer a genuine in-world encounter to support that:

Years ago I made the acquaintance of an avatar. We got along really well for a several months ... we would hang out for 3 to 4 hour visits about twice a week. During that period she 'wore' a huge variety of avatars. Furries. Humans. Fairies. Curvy. Slim. Tall. Short. Tomboyish. Ultra-glam. Logging in to meet up with her I never knew WHAT she would look like. Unfortunately our RLs intruded and we found it harder to get our schedules to sync and we drifted apart. A year or two later her account was closed, I have no idea why. I like to think that she just moved on from SL and is alive and well and happy out there in RL.

Anyway - the point was no matter what my friend looked like, she was always just 'her'. No matter how shocking the deviation in appearance from one login to another, I recognised her within moments because she wasn't role playing ... she was just wearing different outfits.

So I suggest that appearance isn't necessarily a factor in whether or not you are roleplaying.

And now we turn it on it's head.

I once read an article/interview about a british actor from the post WW2 era. Annoyingly I can't remember the actors name. The interviewer reported that he had asked the actor about his acting 'method' and in the space of five minutes the actor had gone through five roles ... just sitting there in the same clothes and with no makeup, and had presented as five radically different 'people'.

Granted that it's unlikely that there are many people in SL that skilled (let's admit it, there are very very few in Hollywood these days who could do it), but I submit that appearance is equally not a limitation on whether or not someone can roleplay different roles. So I could, conceivably, make an exact duplicate (or as close as SL permits) of my RL appearance, name it with my RL name, and STILL not be being the 'real me'.

That's why people don't know, or can't tell. Because many people are doing one or the other, or very often some intermediate thing between roleplaying and presenting the real them.

Edited by AnthonyJoanne
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.