Premium membership land with no classifield and with search not allowed

BobMiddleTalllon

bought premium membership land http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Thatch Lea/110/196/28 and I am disappointed with after discovery that land doesn't allow classifieds and can not be included in search . There was information THAT I CAN CHANGE location for other government land. How to do that and what I might lose (like 1k linden for 45 days of everyday spending time in SL). Can I find other location government land which allows that usual classified and search. Or should I abandon membership and rent land instead if want to use classified

Edited by BobMiddleTalllon
  • Like 1

• BobMiddleTalllon changed the title to Premium membership land with no classifield and with search not allowed

The Linden homes do not allow any commercial activity.  You can abandon your Linden home and PURCHASE up to a 1024 parcel on mainland without incurring any additional fees.  You could also claim a 512 Linden home and then purchase up to 512 of mainland for your business without any extra fees.

As long as you remain a premium member for 45 days (you aren't required to spend each day in SL), you should receive your 1000L regardless of whether you own land.

To find mainland for sale, you can start by checking the Mainland for Sale section of the forums here...

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/286-mainland/

You can also just fly over mainland with the map open and check parcels for sale.  They show as yellow on the map.

There is also the land auction or you can find an abandoned parcel and make a request to LL with a support ticket asking to buy the abandoned land.  

https://secondlife.com/land

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

If you decide to purchase a mainland parcel, you can hold an extra 10% of land without paying extra tier on it by creating a group and buying your land for your group instead of as an individual.

To create a group, first create an alt account. Then create your group and add your alt to it. You can invite friends to join your group and give different group abilities to different titles in your group. It's best to give owner abilities only to your alt, so others can't sell your land, mess up stuff, or take control of your group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BobMiddleTalllon said:

bought premium membership land

No, you didn't. You bought a premi8um subscription then used your 1024 sqm tier allowance to claim a home in Belli.

You can either use your 1024 sqm tier allowance to claim a Linden Home, OR to purchase Mainland.

3 hours ago, BobMiddleTalllon said:

There was information THAT I CAN CHANGE location for other government land

You abandon that Belli Home, and search the Mainland for a parcel you want, then buy that.

Two ways to buy Mainland, you can buy directly from the previous owner, parcels marked in YELLOW on the map, or you can find a piece of Abandoned Land, and fill a support ticket to have an LL staff member come and set that for sale to you for 1 LS a sqm.

Yes, buying Mainland costs more money, on top of you $99 a yea premium subscription, AND, if the land you buy is more than 1024 sqm in size, you pave to pay additional Tier on the extra..

For example, a 2048 sqm parcel costs an extra $7 a month.

You can own upto 1024 sqm Tier Free, due to being Premium. That's no additional monthly cost.

Think of it like Property Taxes.

You pay $99 a year in Property Tax for upto 1024 sqm of land, and owning more land incurs more property tax. And you have to BUY the land before you get taxed on it.

• Like 5

Thank You  Rowan AmorePersephone Emerald ,  Zalificent Corvinus   !  Understood ....must abandon  1024  LH  and get 512  LH  and get 512  parcel for sale in mainland by government at auction.....there are two 512 parcels for sale in mainland by government ...I guess price would be like You said no more than 1 LS a sqm.  Though both parcels can be resold they are in Moderate zone which might be more restrictive than Adult zone .....So that might be just additional 512 lindens  ...my pay date is April 25 that is in 4 days ...I guess I can abandon 1024 LH any time before April 25

5 minutes ago, BobMiddleTalllon said:

Respected Rowan AmorePersephone Emerald ,  Zalificent Corvinus I have another question ......there  at auction is plot which is 1400 sqm size but my premium limit is 1024 ...can I buy it at auction ?

You can but you'll incur additional fees.  Anything above 1024 will push you into the next bracket which will cost you $4 per month. 1400 - 1024 = 376.   I believe you also need to adjust your level on your dashboard under land use fees.

Land fee chart...

f5a90ec4756594bc75ece3f4a2a776a9.thumb.png.cf42507b4ae3cdcbf5b84d07486ea570.png

• Like 4

If you create a group with your friend and both donate your tier to the group, you get a 10% bonus.

If the group has 2048 sqm of land donated to it, they can own up to 2253sqm of land (the 10% bonus).   That would incur no extra fees for anyone.

@LittleMe Jewellis really good at explaining how group land works.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You can buy all 1400 m² individually as a unit and suffer the extra US$ 4 for the first month only during which time you divide the land between you and your friend. Or—and this is much better—you and your friend donate enough tier to the group first, then buy the land "for group" and you won't get dinged that extra four bucks.

But unfortunately I don't think you can do that with auction land. I believe they will immediately set the land to the winning bidder's account and, if necessary, increase the land fee level for that account. (This is one way buying abandoned land is easier than doing it at auction because abandoned land is set for sale to the requestor, and they can choose to buy it for group.)

But… I'm looking at the current and scheduled auction listings and I don't see any 1400 m² parcels. Not only that, but there can be no parcel sized exactly 1400 m² because land comes in 16 m² quanta, so maybe the "1400" is just illustrative? But anyway, just wanted to be sure we're really talking about auction land here.

Auctions can be a cost-effective way to get land, but the price shown at any moment may be far below the price the land actually fetches during the last few seconds of the auction. Or not, but bid the amount you're willing to pay and it'll either win or you'll keep your money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, BobMiddleTalllon said:

Rowan Amore ! may I ask another question ....my friend is also premium membership ...If I and She both buy that that 1400sqm land and divide it between us would be additional payment 4USD per month still incurred ......Also can my group whose founder I am buy that land so it would be cheaper

This is probably your best way to have land. If your friend is Premium, you both can hold 1024 m of land without paying monthly tier for it. If they're Plus, they can have 512 m.

Create a group, have your Basic alt and your friend join it. Then you and your friend can both contribute tier to it. Give you're alt co-owner rights. Give your friend officer rights if they contribute less tier to the group than you do, or possibly co-owner rights if they contribute the same amount of tier as you do. Remember that group owners can kick out any members except other owners and can sell or abandon group owned land, so you have to really be able to trust other group owners. Owners will also be equally responsible for any group fees, whether they contribute any tier or not.

Once you have a group and have picked out land that you and your friend both like, wear your group tag, right click on the land, and buy it for your group, rather than buying it for yourself. Items rezzed while people have on their group tag will now be set to the group. You can give your friend as many group rights as you wish, even if they're not a group owner - changing the music stream, terraforming the land, inviting other people to the group, ejecting people from the land or the group, etc.

Here's the best part of group ownership of land. You can all now own more land and use more land impact. Two people with 1024 m of tier contributed to the group can buy and own 2048 m + 192 m = 2240 square meters of land. (It's not + 204 m because land is bought and sold in units of 4x4 = 16 square meters.) You can divide this land into separate parcels or keep it all as one parcel, as long as it's all owned by the same group and is in the same region. 

If in the future you or your friend either removes their tier contribution or doesn't pay for their account level on time, your land could be reclaimed by LL, but they usually give you time to correct such problems. If you or your friend don't pay for their account or other fees on time, you or they could also be locked out of your account until those fees are paid. This is why it's good to have a Basic account alt with group ownership rights, so your alt can take care of things if your main account is ever locked out.

• Like 3

Here's another idea. If you have a group with multiple users and you don't use all your tier to buy mainland, you may be able to have a Linden Home that all your group members can use too. Only one account can own a Linden Home, but you could set your Linden Home parcel so that other group members can rez stuff there. You can also add their names to the house controller list, so they can lock or unlock the doors, open or close the blinds, etc. You might want a 512 sq meter Linden Home that group member could use, but it would have to be claimed by someone who has at least 512 m of tier available (not contributed to the group).

(I also have a radio in my LH that lets other people change the music stream on my parcel, though they can't change the channels available from it.)

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you create a group with your friend and both donate your tier to the group, you get a 10% bonus.

If the group has 2048 sqm of land tier donated to it, they can own up to 2253sqm of land (the 10% bonus).   That would incur no extra fees for anyone.

With the correction of the word 'land' to 'tier', the above is correct.  It is always 'tier' that is donated to groups, and then 'land' get deeded to groups (or at the point of direct Mainland purchase, you can "Buy for group"_).

Unfortunately, as Qie mentions, you cannot buy Auction land specifically for a group.  Action land is always bought by a specific individual, and thus if it is over 1024 sqm size, you will get dinged for the extra tier, for at least one month.

If you don't want to incur any extra fees at all, but still want somethin larger than 1024 sqm, you will need to search out and buy Mainland directly, rather than via an Auction, and do the purchase using the 'Buy for Group' option.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

you will get dinged for the extra tier

I hate that. But...

There is a thing called the "borrowed tier loophole" that can be attempted. Say you are buying 1024sqm at auction and only have 950sqm of tier currently unallocated. You can borrow 74sqm of tier from group... make the purchase... deed the 1024 to group (getting 102sqm returned) and then reallocate the 74sqm back to group. This is possible ONLY if you have a group to borrow from. You could also borrow tier from another resident. Linden Lab lets you get away with borrowing for short periods of time without reclaiming your land. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

I hate that. But...

There is a thing called the "borrowed tier loophole" that can be attempted. Say you are buying 1024sqm at auction and only have 950sqm of tier currently unallocated. You can borrow 74sqm of tier from group... make the purchase... deed the 1024 to group (getting 102sqm returned) and then reallocate the 74sqm back to group. This is possible ONLY if you have a group to borrow from. You could also borrow tier from another resident. Linden Lab lets you get away with borrowing for short periods of time without reclaiming your land. Your mileage may vary.

Unless that 74 m² was tier the account originally contributed to the group, I don't know mechanics for an individual account to do this borrowing, neither from group nor from another individual account.

It's certainly possible for an individual to withdraw enough of their own group contributions to put the group briefly underwater for tier to cover land holdings. (Some transactions are almost impossible without that ability.) But I don't know how one could withdraw more than one's total contribution, if that was the suggestion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

But I don't know how one could withdraw more than one's total contribution, if that was the suggestion

Not the suggestion. Was saying that it is possible to not get dinged because one is having to do a purchase without the benefit of the 10% group bonus. Once  the transaction is complete and the land is deeded to group, one must have sufficient tier allocated to group. So do the math first.

On 4/20/2024 at 1:15 PM, BobMiddleTalllon said:

Thank You  Rowan AmorePersephone Emerald ,  Zalificent Corvinus   !  Understood ....must abandon  1024  LH  and get 512  LH  and get 512  parcel for sale in mainland by government at auction.....there are two 512 parcels for sale in mainland by government ...I guess price would be like You said no more than 1 LS a sqm.  Though both parcels can be resold they are in Moderate zone which might be more restrictive than Adult zone .....So that might be just additional 512 lindens  ...my pay date is April 25 that is in 4 days ...I guess I can abandon 1024 LH any time before April 25

Let's look at this another way... It sounds like you have a specific plan to do something. Tell us what it is and we can give you information on how to find land that will work to do that. You're acting as if the auction is the only way to get Mainland, which you might think from reading the Second Life website, but most Mainland that changes hands is bought from private owners or it's abandoned land that's purchased directly from Linden Lab.

• Like 3