i cant open "Your Avatar" forum

i cant get in what so ever apparently. i might have found help there with my issue. just have to try find another solution. 
Is there anyway it can be fixed, i mean of its happending to not only me they should fix it. 
For ppl that looking solutions or help or such it would be bum if cant get in there.. 
oh well.. 

Wow, that's weird. That forum has 171.8 K posts and I've never opened it directly before. It works for me now that I try, which is irrelevant, although FWIW I have a moderately beefy machine with some aggressive memory management settings in Chrome. But anyway:

2 hours ago, WildHeart Calamity said:

i might have found help there with my issue.

maybe try the Avatar section of Answers? This is a desperate suggestion coming from me, because I  hate the way Answers works, but it might be useful here despite all that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WildHeart Calamity said:

For sime reason that is the only forume i cant get into. it just loads and loads and then i get error. 
I really need help with my avatar and recustomize and not sure whee else to ask. 

Try this.. I had this problem before also..

Make sure at the top you have these two boxes set to Condensed View, Rather than Expanded view.. Expanded view I think tries to load all the content in that section or something..

Once I changed my setting to Condensed view, I could get into the Your Avatar section.. You can change the setting right at the top of the General Section and it will change for all your sections..

ETA: I just tried it again with expanded view to test it out and got this message when it timed out.

This community is temporarily unavailable

Please wait a few minutes and try again.

So ya, Give the Condensed View a try.. If that is the problem, then all of your sections will load much faster..

Condensed.thumb.png.7cefdcdbf1d82fa82761f0112e5193d9.png

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Make sure at the top you have these two boxes set to Condensed View, Rather than Expanded view.. Expanded view I think tries to load all the content in that section or something..

Once I changed my setting to Condensed view, I could get into the Your Avatar section.. You can change the setting right at the top of the General Section and it will change for all your sections..

ETA: I just tried it again with expanded view to test it out and got this message when it timed out.

So ya, Give the Condensed View a try.. If that is the problem, then all of your sections will load much faster..

Yeah. This happened to me a few nights ago. Most likely the server was overloaded with requests and simply blocked users for a few minutes. I didn't clear any caches, just came back on a few minutes later.

• Like 1

I tried to search for this particular error as it relates to Invision forum software and I read that this happens when the server runs out storage space. Must be all those pics we post in that forum. It should cause all of us to have that problem though and have been able to access that forum just fine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JeromFranzic said:

Yeah. This happened to me a few nights ago. Most likely the server was overloaded with requests and simply blocked users for a few minutes. I didn't clear any caches, just came back on a few minutes later.

The last time it happened to me, I had thought they updated the forums or something, because it was taking forever and a day for pages to load.. Then Your Avatar section would time out on me..

What had happened in my case was, I was on my phone, which lags anyways on the forums. Rather than clicking on a thread, it lagged and clicked the expand content.. That also changed the forum settings for when I was on my computer as well.. So rather than just showing the list of threads, it was also showing the last posts in each thread.. So it was much more content to load..

I guess since in the your avatar section, a lot of posts have images in them.. It must try to load those as well..

I finally just figured out in my case, that I had to switch the settings to condensed rather than expanded..  That was just fiddling with any settings I could think of until the forums finally looked like my normal settings.. What a pain in the butt that was.. It was a few days of wondering what the heck was going on.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Thank you so much, now i could enter again :D And all forum also loads faster. 

• Like 4