Can you mix and match feet from other Avatars???

JoezyNooser

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Been really curious if I can buy , Lets say, SLink feet, and attach em to my E-body reborn, or Maitreya feet and such and if so do you have any links for said feet??? Thank you all for your time =:3

SLink is gone, so you can't buy their feet.

If you saved an old version of Maitreya, it might have detached feet, but their feet are now part of the body. 

I don't know if any other bodies have detachable feet, but if you find some, they probably won't fit right on a different body.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

SLink is gone, so you can't buy their feet.

If you saved an old version of Maitreya, it might have detached feet, but their feet are now part of the body. 

I don't know if any other bodies have detachable feet, but if you find some, they probably won't fit right on a different body.

Aww, that is a real shame thanx for the info =:3

6 minutes ago, JoezyNooser said:

Been really curious if I can buy , Lets say, SLink feet, and attach em to my E-body reborn, or Maitreya feet and such and if so do you have any links for said feet??? Thank you all for your time =:3

Yes and no.

You have to buy feet that are rigged for the body you're wearing, or else you'll get unsightly gaps/mismatches. Slink can no longer be purchased.

For human feet, I only know of some high heel feet for Jake. Everything else I can think of would be for animals/furries/fantasy avatars (paws, hooves, bird feet, dragon/lizard/raptor feet, frog feet, etc.).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JoezyNooser said:

Why is it you want separate feet?  Perhaps there's something else we can suggest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Why is it you want separate feet?  Perhaps there's something else we can suggest.

well before i became more knowlagable of second life I went crazy on a shoe shopping spree for ballet flats and mary janes, shoe-aholic go figure lol

So I have an E-body reborn now and been trying to find ways to fit some of my Maitreay and Slink shoes better, SLink dont seem to be that far off for my E-body feet if I just had some nice alphas maybe they do the trick. But in short  just want ways for my other shoes to fit better  =:3

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, JoezyNooser said:

well before i became more knowlagable of second life I went crazy on a shoe shopping spree for ballet flats and mary janes, shoe-aholic go figure lol

So I have an E-body reborn now and been trying to find ways to fit some of my Maitreay and Slink shoes better, SLink dont seem to be that far off for my E-body feet if I just had some nice alphas maybe they do the trick. But in short  just want ways for my other shoes to fit better  =:3

If they're 'unrigged' or you have an unrigged version in the pack you can often make them fit your newer bodies - the flat styles in particular. Back in the olden times this used to be quite common. Painstakingly resizing unrigged shoes to fit is possible, be sure to attach them to the left/right foot attachment points so they move properly with animations and be prepared to get very angry with terrible resize dialog menus if they force you to use those!

If you feel some slink rigged shoes are a very close fit you can experiment with making your own custom alphas, it's quite simple but is a painstaking process and requires a lot of trial and error. I do it with some clothes I really like but have clipping issues due to my various deformers, I use the local texture function of Firestorm and flick back and forward between Gimp/Photoshop to get the alpha just right.

You can use these SLUV templates to get a rough idea of where to start and then just painstakingly build the alpha pixel by pixel until it is how you want it, then upload it to SL and use if for reals: https://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/SL-Tuts/SLPages/AVUVTemplates.html

• Like 3

While the official Slink feet might be no more all is not lost you can get a compatible version of the three core options flat/mid/high from Similar https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Similar-Multi-pose-Feet-Slink-compatible/6667756 they are old and don't use BoM or anything like that, you'd have to colour match with the Hud. At the time i bought them i thought they were great and much more affordable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

If they're 'unrigged' or you have an unrigged version in the pack you can often make them fit your newer bodies - the flat styles in particular. Back in the olden times this used to be quite common. Painstakingly resizing unrigged shoes to fit is possible, be sure to attach them to the left/right foot attachment points so they move properly with animations and be prepared to get very angry with terrible resize dialog menus if they force you to use those!

If you feel some slink rigged shoes are a very close fit you can experiment with making your own custom alphas, it's quite simple but is a painstaking process and requires a lot of trial and error. I do it with some clothes I really like but have clipping issues due to my various deformers, I use the local texture function of Firestorm and flick back and forward between Gimp/Photoshop to get the alpha just right.

You can use these SLUV templates to get a rough idea of where to start and then just painstakingly build the alpha pixel by pixel until it is how you want it, then upload it to SL and use if for reals: https://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/SL-Tuts/SLPages/AVUVTemplates.html

Thank you so much appreciate the advice, Im quite fluent with editing programs and blender, I was just hoping for a much easier solution within SL  lol =XD

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JoezyNooser said:

Thank you so much appreciate the advice, Im quite fluent with editing programs and blender, I was just hoping for a much easier solution within SL  lol =XD

Gosh I wish. The person who makes a viewer that lets us 'paint' an alpha onto a 3D object (like an avatar)... I'll construct a shrine to them.

42 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

While the official Slink feet might be no more all is not lost you can get a compatible version of the three core options flat/mid/high from Similar https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Similar-Multi-pose-Feet-Slink-compatible/6667756 they are old and don't use BoM or anything like that, you'd have to colour match with the Hud. At the time i bought them i thought they were great and much more affordable 

It's a shame they aren't mod, would be a quick and easy fix to make them BOM! but of course the mesh is very unlikely to match up with any other body any way.

On 4/8/2024 at 11:35 PM, JoezyNooser said:

If the pack of shoes includes a fit for Belleza, try that one. I've had some success wearing shoes fitted for Belleza on my reborn, they tend to fit a little better than either lara or slink.  It doesn't work with all styles though, and it definitely won't work on boots that come higher than the ankle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maitimo said:

If the pack of shoes includes a fit for Belleza, try that one. I've had some success wearing shoes fitted for Belleza on my reborn, they tend to fit a little better than either lara or slink.  It doesn't work with all styles though, and it definitely won't work on boots that come higher than the ankle.

It basically comes down to some experimentation with whatever you have. I've found (like many others have) that Maitreya flats work well with Erika and Senra Jamie feet, as long as they're sized 24-26.

With older mesh shoes, I've had some luck using the shaper and alpha that comes with a pair of flat shoes. Sometimes that results in a slightly shortened height, but it's not much.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

It basically comes down to some experimentation with whatever you have. I've found (like many others have) that Maitreya flats work well with Erika and Senra Jamie feet, as long as they're sized 24-26.

With older mesh shoes, I've had some luck using the shaper and alpha that comes with a pair of flat shoes. Sometimes that results in a slightly shortened height, but it's not much.

Maitreya shoes are a pretty good fit on Erika in general, and for calf-length boots, a Freya fit sometimes works too.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.