Need help with Billie Head

Kathlen Onyx

I am trying to get this look.  I bought everything on the style card and followed the instructions but the first picture is what it is turning out to be. I am not sure how to fix this.

My previous head was LAQ but there is so much more out there for this type of head I thought I'd upgrade. The skin I intentionally made darker as I don't like the porcelain look.

Also the pictures with the eyes and the dots in them I have no clue how to fix that. Any help would be appreciated!

My look.png

Babi Shape.png

eyes.png

Edited by Kathlen Onyx

Are you using the browbase/system hair for the head?  Or whichever one is recommended in the style card?

"If you want to look like exactly as the picture shows, it's important that you use the eyebrows base"

Also, if you're using applier eyes, you need to wear the applier eyes alpha included with the head.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

It looks like you have the double eyes conflict happening..

If you are wanting to use the eyes from the lelutka hud which are Applier eyes, then  grab this alpha layer from your lelutka billie folder and add it "+ ALPHA ( BOM Head + Body - APPLIER Eyes )" and then turn off BOM/Bakes On Mesh .

If you are wanting to use BOM/System eyes, Make sure you have your head alpha layer detached, and then turn on  BOM/Bakes On Mesh.

The rest of the look just looks like you need to adjust the lighting in the scene.. Especially with darker tones you really want to keep the lighting where it's not enhancing a lot of the creases and things.. where with the lighter tones, they can get away with more direct lighting..

It's like a spec of dust landing on a white t-shirt vs black t-shirt..which one will you notice the dust spec on first? hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

You already got some good advice! Also, it looks like you need different applier lashes (yours look lighter), you need heavier winged eyeliner and remove the lipstick (really changes the shape of the mouth) if you are trying to match the shape vendor photo more closely. The shadow of the fold of your hooded lids is so deep its almost hard to believe that is just a darker tone of the same skin as the one in the vendor photo. But the vendor photo is not as sharp. 

• Like 1

Hmm. It's a bit difficult to tell what exactly is going on, there could be a fair few things. 

The sky setting you used when taking the picture of your avi appears to have the sun very high in the sky, it shines down, which emphasises the materials' nasolabial folds. The eyebrows seem very different, this could either be the 'brow base' or a facial animation, same with the eye sockets feeling a bit different. The lip shape is a little hard to tell with the opaque lipstick you're wearing, it could be that the lipstick itself is smudged over the edge of the lip itself making it rounder. And the zoom you've taken your pic with is too low, creating a bit of a fisheye effect which distorts everything enough that it becomes difficult to compare the facial structure accurately. As far as I can tell, the shape itself seems to be accurate, there's just too many other variables that do not match up to get the same effect as the advert.

• Like 2

Well after working on this for 14 hours straight I got something I think I might like. I made the skin lighter which made a huge difference.

Again any feedback is welcome! and yeah looks nothing like the picture but I got tired of trying after I followed the style card to the T and it didn't work.

Billie Final.png

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

In addition to what others have said, it has been my experience that changing only eye color can  dramatically alter a face. I tend to prefer brown eyes and find that blue eyes make me look very different.

Totally agree with this....ditto for me

• Like 1