AI Interaction Sora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Voice and video will be mastered within the next 5 years or so. There will be no way to prove whether an internet communication is human or not. Since the newest AI appears to be breaking the uncanny valley in ways (and speeds) never imagined, do you think it will change the way you interact in SL?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Evah Baxton said:

Voice and video will be mastered within the next 5 years or so. There will be no way to prove whether an internet communication is human or not. Since the newest AI appears to be breaking the uncanny valley in ways (and speeds) never imagined, do you think it will change the way you interact in SL?

Probably not in SL itself, but I might use something like this to create short videos of my avatar's adventures in SL.  This is assuming that we will eventually be able to use our avatars as characters in these videos, I think it would be pretty fun and not involve a ton of work to do so.  One thing I do think would be entertaining, is to watch the machinima videos other people create with it.  It would be pretty cool if there were enough users out there to create a second life channel, with a lot of contributors building their own shows, centered around SL.  

I've always been a fan of machinima, especially with MMORPGs, I also like to see them with SL or any game I play.  This sort of technology might really push a ton of fun videos out there for us, so I look forward to it.

• Like 3

On 2/18/2024 at 12:55 AM, Evah Baxton said:

No.

These demos are always goosed to make them look better than they are.

Sora has yet to demonstrate it can go past a few frames, or even two frames. It may need prompting through every single scene like a hand-drawn old-school Disney cartoon. Etc.

Human nature is very hard wired. It is very, very hard to get people to be different online than they are in RL. 

• Like 1

I mean I don't think most of us on SecondLife are really in the business of sharing who we are IRL with each other anyway.

AI voice conversion might get used, which just reinforces the whole idea that you don't really know anyone on SL until you meet them. AI video could be an interesting tool for content creators wanting to make concept art to help visualize an idea before making it. For most people though I imagine SL would be business as usual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I mean I don't think most of us on SecondLife are really in the business of sharing who we are IRL with each other anyway.

AI voice conversion might get used, which just reinforces the whole idea that you don't really know anyone on SL until you meet them. AI video could be an interesting tool for content creators wanting to make concept art to help visualize an idea before making it. For most people though I imagine SL would be business as usual.

The next step, render an AI generated video into mesh.  

We are close to it, by rendering AI generated pictures into mesh

I really wanted to try this one, but unfortunately the huggingface link did not work, and my computer is probably too slow to run it.. not to mention it is on the way out in general, the poor thing is on its last leg now.  My hinge has completely broken free from the laptop, plastic pieces are in the fan, it is just done and trying to repair this old thing will just result in more brittle plastic pieces shattering. 😢

As far as identity in the virtual world is concerned, yeah it is going to become more difficult.  Voice verified will not matter, nor will video verified, pffft.. go far enough in the future, and I doubt even in person verified will matter.. who knows?  Perhaps at some point people will be able to grow fur, tails, ears, whiskers, and so on - and at that point well getting to know the person behind virtual representation, will not be so much a matter of their inherited genes but the meat computer inside of their head. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Istelathis said:

The next step, render an AI generated video into mesh.  

We are close to it, by rendering AI generated pictures into mesh

I really wanted to try this one, but unfortunately the huggingface link did not work, and my computer is probably too slow to run it.. not to mention it is on the way out in general, the poor thing is on its last leg now.  My hinge has completely broken free from the laptop, plastic pieces are in the fan, it is just done and trying to repair this old thing will just result in more brittle plastic pieces shattering. 😢

As far as identity in the virtual world is concerned, yeah it is going to become more difficult.  Voice verified will not matter, nor will video verified, pffft.. go far enough in the future, and I doubt even in person verified will matter.. who knows?  Perhaps at some point people will be able to grow fur, tails, ears, whiskers, and so on - and at that point well getting to know the person behind virtual representation, will not be so much a matter of their inherited genes but the meat computer inside of their head. 

The link would not work for me either, the page loaded but it would not generate anything. Shame.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.