Mobile Update

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 80 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Snow Frostypaws said:

That's no worry. I'm sure I can figure it out.

I have a ROG Phone III, it's a few year old gaming phone but should be quite fast still.

I guess I'll just have to see.

It works with my iPhone XS, so that's older than I remember.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Remember that other SL like platform that wrote up the whole server code in C# in less then a year based on nothing more then the use of wireshark? How hard can it be for an experienced programmer to cook up a viewer to interface with what we assume to be documented server code and developers who are experienced with viewers written in other languages?

Beats me, for myself, it would be like trying to translate some cryptic alien language to English using a speak 'n spell 🤣

Check this out though, there was a new listing for employment at LL

https://lindenlab.com/careers?gh_jid=5831422003

It relates to the web, but.... this was the really interesting part!

yaaay!.jpg.84fec32a19703ac2652f833548babd20.jpg

This is for the web, but.... I am speculating, perhaps... more integration of web services into the viewer, such as .. *cough* perhaps a wardrobe, perhaps.. a 3d doll menu to preview items in..  perhaps.. one can always dream, can't we?

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Snow Frostypaws said:

That's cool to hear. I wonder how the Android version will differ. What kind of frames are you getting?

I don't enable debug settings, or go anyplace where I see a difference (I just use it at my parcel), so don't know any figures. Default draw is only 25m (IIRC), and default # avatars is 5 lol. 

It seems to run really smooth on my little plot.  They did some improvements on joystick sensitivity etc. lately.  

There are lot of "developer options" (the only options), some are referenced in Canny but some are mysterious unless you already know what they do.

Don't bother wearing any Flexi (still doesn't work, points straight up).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

This is for the web, but.... I am speculating, perhaps... more integration of web services into the viewer, such as .. *cough* perhaps a wardrobe, perhaps.. a 3d doll menu to preview items in..  perhaps.. one can always dream, can't we?

They really both sound like the Mobile app even if somewhere it says "Web". (ETA: Because only the Mobile app uses Unity AFAIK.)

I doubt the Mobile app will get any of those features you listed until it gets more "normal" features.  Have to walk before you can run/fly (figuratively, you can do both in mobile already)!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Beats me, for myself, it would be like trying to translate some cryptic alien language to English using a speak 'n spell 🤣

giphy.gif

They must be gearing up for the year 2525, in case man is still alive!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

giphy.gif

I'm not sure I'd do the happy joy dance until we have a wardrobe interface like imvu that actually functions and in our hands. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I'm not sure I'd do the happy joy dance until we have a wardrobe interface like imvu that actually functions and in our hands. 

I can't help myself, I easily excite plus I really enjoy trying to piece this stuff together. 

giphy.gif

We already have the foundations down, kind of, for avatar creation at least.

And it is a lot of money being used to hire on a new developer, it is fun stuff to think about.  Imma do my happy dance, I can't help myself, if it doesn't go that way, well at least I burned some calories, which is good considering I just had a slice of pizza 🙃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I can't help myself, I easily excite plus I really enjoy trying to piece this stuff together. 

giphy.gif

We already have the foundations down, kind of, for avatar creation at least.

And it is a lot of money being used to hire on a new developer, it is fun stuff to think about.  Imma do my happy dance, I can't help myself, if it doesn't go that way, well at least I burned some calories, which is good considering I just had a slice of pizza 🙃

Hmm. Putting my own tinfoil hat on, creating a starter avatar IN the Mobile viewer would be an obvious feature they need to create for future "mobile-first" users.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

They had a mobile developer who was shown and talked in one of the earlier videos so the question is whether he is being replaced or this new one to be added to the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't enable debug settings, or go anyplace where I see a difference (I just use it at my parcel), so don't know any figures. Default draw is only 25m (IIRC), and default # avatars is 5 lol. 

It seems to run really smooth on my little plot.  They did some improvements on joystick sensitivity etc. lately.  

There are lot of "developer options" (the only options), some are referenced in Canny but some are mysterious unless you already know what they do.

Don't bother wearing any Flexi (still doesn't work, points straight up).

Nice to know. I cant wait to try.

4 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I guess it's similar to how linden labs won't give you viewer support if you're on firestorm you have to get on the second life official viewer.

The amount of people with premium plus can't be that large.  This might encourage some people to sign up to it just to try the new phone ap.  My premium plus alt is too lazy to test this.

Also, how would linden know we really did buy and use Lumiya when we purchased it through the ap store and Linden has no proof of purchase.  

I bought premium plus just to apply to try the mobile ap. THey haven't replied, so I downgraded again. Premium plus isn't worth a " we'll let you in eventually "... If they actually confirmed that I could use the mobile within the first month, I might have kept premium plus... Buy holy crap, it's just NOT worth it. It's no wonder why not that many people have it, if that's true... 

5 minutes ago, Snow Frostypaws said:

Wow, didn't know there were so little in Premium Plus. Cool, it's kinda like a exclusive club haha ^w^

There are probably even more, the numbers are gathered by bots which are prohibited in Bellisseria.  There are also security settings that prohibit them in some regions, I believe the numbers came from bonniebots, and I think they gather at a regions they are allowed in every hour or so, but they likely miss quite a few premium and premium plus members.  With that said, that is a healthy number of premium and Pplus members listed, 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Istelathis said:

There are probably even more, the numbers are gathered by bots which are prohibited in Bellisseria.  There are also security settings that prohibit them, I believe the numbers came from bonniebots, and I think they gather at a region they are allowed in  every hour or so, but they likely miss quite a few premium and premium plus members.  With that said, that is a healthy number of premium and Pplus members listed, 

Still, for me, I'm a bit oldschool and I really do not care for subscriptions or microtransactions or even non substantial DLC. SL is the ONLY exception for me and even then it took me some 7 years to come around. Now, I don't mind at all. I love giving money when I can to LL because I never want SL to go away, I don't even know how I would handle it if that happened. I also am fine with paying on the marketplace because I love that it helps small creators. Say what you will but for me, it's a win win all around. Hell, I'd own stock in LL if I could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

There are probably even more, the numbers are gathered by bots which are prohibited in Bellisseria.  There are also security settings that prohibit them in some regions, I believe the numbers came from bonniebots, and I think they gather at a regions they are allowed in every hour or so, but they likely miss quite a few premium and premium plus members.  With that said, that is a healthy number of premium and Pplus members listed, 

I figured it would.probably be way off since the bots aren't allowed in the Belli regions.  I'd guess closer to 10K for premium plus.  How many parcels in Belli are 2048?  Someone who.enjoys the maths could get a better estimate by simply subtracting available parcels (which Persephone has listed in another section) from total.parcels.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Premium plus is worth it if you upload a lot of textures because it has free uploads, more tier free land to build a house on, and 650l a week to top up your pocket.  

From what I've heard, it's free uploads of anything but mesh. The stipend alone would pay for any mesh uploads easily, if they weren't 50 gazillion polygons. Anyone who does more with SL than socialize could probably find perks that were worth the cost.

I could easily consume enough in uploads alone to make it worth it. I just don't have it to spend. *sigh*

3 hours ago, Snow Frostypaws said:

Still, for me, I'm a bit oldschool and I really do not care for subscriptions or microtransactions or even non substantial DLC. SL is the ONLY exception for me and even then it took me some 7 years to come around. Now, I don't mind at all. I love giving money when I can to LL because I never want SL to go away, I don't even know how I would handle it if that happened. I also am fine with paying on the marketplace because I love that it helps small creators. Say what you will but for me, it's a win win all around. Hell, I'd own stock in LL if I could.

That's why I like annual options, pay once and forget it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I figured it would.probably be way off since the bots aren't allowed in the Belli regions.  I'd guess closer to 10K for premium plus.  How many parcels in Belli are 2048?  Someone who.enjoys the maths could get a better estimate by simply subtracting available parcels (which Persephone has listed in another section) from total.parcels.

Assume the numbers are close, that's not a lot of Ranch (or whatever theme) adopters in the grand scheme of things.

40 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I don't know how anyone manages to use SL on a laptop with only one screen...  the idea of doing it with just 2 thumbs amazes me...

Thumbs are commonly used for typing on phones. I suppose you could use a thumb for the joystick, and 2 thumbs to zoom, but I always use index finger for joystick and thumb + index finger to zoom!

Guess I only ever learned to type with one thumb, the other hand holds the dog leash. And type with index finger otherwise like right now!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 80 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.