Move to Canny - where are all the existing JIRA issues going?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL: "Your issues will be preserved and will not be deleted. Second Life has a 20 year history, and Jira represents one of its best sources for documentation. Jira will remain in operation until we migrate all issues to a new home on Github. We will share more information about working with the issue archive in a future blog post. "

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

LL: "Your issues will be preserved and will not be deleted. Second Life has a 20 year history, and Jira represents one of its best sources for documentation. Jira will remain in operation until we migrate all issues to a new home on Github. We will share more information about working with the issue archive in a future blog post. "

Do they even read the jira's other then to close them?

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I assume all the existing JIRA's are preserved, just nobody has the ability to use JIRA anymore except LL employees.

It will be interesting to find out if we should just stop referencing our old JIRA's, or not.  If so, then how in the world will LL know which JIRA we mean for an open/in-progress item?

It's..uncanny!

All the old jira's are probably going in the bin, did you really think linden was reading them. 😈

In the meantime failed to find body part messages & failed to de rez messages are happening at a rate never seen before, something is wrong with the server.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

failed to find body part messages

I've had this happen exactly 2 times in 8 years. Both times it was my connection speed.

I don't think everything is always SL being wonky.

In fact, I've noticed that not only do I not seem to be having anywhere near the issues that people say are happening all over all the time, but a lot of the issues people seem to be having are the same ones I worked my way through when I was new. We've had an increase in new users here and there, and the issues seem to recur in a pattern that might imply some sort of coincidence. Someone has something go wrong and everyone falls on it and declares that it's yet more evidence that LL is some awful monstrosity that doesn't care about anyone or anything.

I wonder sometimes if any of it really has anything to do with SL, I mean, it's never really about the cat, and all. Look for flaws in anything and you'll find them, yeah, but then you just end up looking in one direction, and it's always towards the ugly end. Conditioning is a thing, and what we condition ourselves to see is what we tend to see; a bunch of flawed stuff "out there", that "most certainly is someone else, and not us".

I wonder how many people have had bad experiences in getting support because SL simply couldn't fix problems between the chair and the keyboard.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

The Lab archived everything for public access. The archive has the absolute minimum utility you could imagine.

What might be good is if the Lindens forget they rejected a particular feature request in past. I asked for a Ctrl+Z  function in past for undoing inventory changes and was told that such a feature had been asked for before and either rejected or put on a back burner so with this new thing it might be worth asking again.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.