Made a post with a banned word?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It posted, but a tag over the post says it must be approved by a mod before it can be seen or edited.

If the post will be a problem, why can't I just edit the post blank it,  and forget about it?

its been about 5 days since I made the post, so obviously they aren't in a rush.

My biggest concern is getting a ban because of it, so I'd rather just make it go away.

It's a little interesting, because most "bad" words are just obfuscated.

Possibly if you were to intentionally create similar posts over and over (like SPAM) that must be approved by mods, they would see you as someone that should at least be given a warning, then if you ignore the warning be banned.

Irony: We're not supposed to discuss moderation. Is trick?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

On 1/7/2024 at 5:09 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

My biggest concern is getting a ban because of it, so I'd rather just make it go away.

Oh don't worry about it if you innocently used a word that the forum software blocked.  It's happened to me several times when I forgot to put an asterisk in certain words.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's happened to me several times when I forgot to put an asterisk in certain words.

Doing that is against the Forum rules, also - in case you didn't know.  It isn't spelled out in the guidelines I found on google, but I have seen posts in the past that basically said, trying to get around the profanity filter is not allowed.

..not that I haven't done it myself..just letting you know in case somehow you were unaware.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's happened to me several times when I forgot to put an asterisk in certain words.

Doing that is against the Forum rules, also - in case you didn't know.  It isn't spelled out in the guidelines I found on google, but I have seen posts in the past that basically said, trying to get around the profanity filter is not allowed.

..not that I haven't done it myself..just letting you know in case somehow you were unaware.

Thanks for being concerned.

When we're describing posts placed on temporary hold I think it makes a difference though if you're merely describing something vs attempting to be profane (in regards to whether you will receive a warning for it vs the post being placed on temporary hold) For example, I've needed to describe an incident of sexual assault and used the 'r' world for it and the post was put on hold until they could review it. It finally went through.

Perhaps not all words would receive such leniency even if simply being descriptive, as in talking about others who used such a word as they spoke badly of say, Black people and used the 'n' word.

Once, using the 'f' word to describe people gathering around a water cooler and making 'f' jokes  about gay people  I did not put the asterisk in the right place, but perhaps, as you say, we can't use certain words even with an asterisk regardless of using it descriptively or profanely.  I don't believe I should have received a warning for that, as it was important to use the word to describe how creepy these people so casually call gay people this and how such jokes are not acceptable in society anymore for the most part.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Thanks for being concerned.

When we're describing posts placed on temporary hold I think it makes a difference though if you're merely describing something vs attempting to be profane (in regards to whether you will receive a warning for it vs the post being placed on temporary hold) For example, I've needed to describe an incident of sexual assault and used the 'r' world for it and the post was put on hold until they could review it. It finally went through.

Yeah, there's a big difference between "profanity" and "banned words"! That same 'r' word came to mind for me also.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

***** isn't profanity at all and it just makes me laugh that we, as adults, need to use euphemisms to talk about anatomical body parts.  I suppose dick is ok?

Possibly if it is "spotted" or a name..

• Haha 1

ETA the whole "profanity" thing may be a misplaced attempt to "keep it classy", and prevent profanity-laden tirades..?

Whereas, "banned" words "feels" more like a "nanny state" thing, kind of like how some websites require people to say "unalived".

Double-plus-ungood, if you ask me. And you didn't.

40 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

ETA the whole "profanity" thing may be a misplaced attempt to "keep it classy", and prevent profanity-laden tirades..?

Whereas, "banned" words "feels" more like a "nanny state" thing, kind of like how some websites require people to say "unalived".

Double-plus-ungood, if you ask me. And you didn't.

I agree that profane words should be edited.  No one needs to use the F word or N word or even the not so profane S word.   However,  obfuscating the actual word for something that is in no way profane is childish.  We're not children.  If I want to discuss the different *****es available for purchase when someone asks, I should be able to type ***** instead of tallywacker, ding dong, or even genitalia.  It's a dang *****.   It's what they called it in 7th grade health class and not a dick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I agree that profane words should be edited.  No one needs to use the F word or N word or even the not so profane S word.   However,  obfuscating the actual word for something that is in no way profane is childish.  We're not children.  If I want to discuss the different *****es available for purchase when someone asks, I should be able to type ***** instead of tallywacker, ding dong, or even genitalia.  It's a dang *****.   It's what they called it in 7th grade health class and not a dick. 

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I guess we need to talk like little children.  Is vagi-gi banned?

When I searched "love torpedo" and "lady cave" on the MP, the results were not what I expected.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

image.png.5124dbac366e312daa3dd15800b89bf1.png

Heard the old joke the other day that Dick Van D*ke's original name was "Pe** von Va**".

In the joke, he was told that he'd never find work in Hollywood with that name (PvV) so changed it to DVD.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 12:24 PM, Luna Bliss said:

I guess we need to talk like little children.  Is vagi-gi banned?

Protip: Kids are some filthy-talking little sh*ts. But that's mostly just at school when there are no teachers around.

However, in case anyone finds it useful, I myself do teach a complete course in the creative use of euphemisms and "un-entandres" designed to completely mess with people trying to have grownup conversations. You haven't lived until you've shut down a whole chat by making all the grownups blow hot coffee, rum, etc., out of their noses.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

"un-entandres" designed to completely mess with people trying to have grownup conversations.

I like "triple entendres" - you MIGHT mean something naughty but can innocently deny it, because it COULD mean the innocent thing, yet maybe you don't mean the naughty thing after all. It's a mystery!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/10/2024 at 7:52 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I like "triple entendres" - you MIGHT mean something naughty but can innocently deny it, because it COULD mean the innocent thing, yet maybe you don't mean the naughty thing after all. It's a mystery!

I prefer the sort of things kids say without realizing how it discombobulates grownups to hear it come out of a kid's mouth. Kids say the darndest things, just ask anyone who went to church with my family.

They literally made me stand outside during services, to stop me making the grownups fall apart laughing. Well, that and I was like, 4 years old and kept interrupting to correct the pastor. He really didn't like that.

Edit: I guess it makes sense that I wound up working in entertainment, instead of joining the clergy. Fat lot of good my doctorate in theology did me, huh.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.