Friend can't change clothes at my house

SkylarGood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am new to SL and I have a SL premium home.  For some reason my friend is unable to change clothes in my house, is there a setting I am missing?  He has to go home, change and then return.   I have added him to the access list of the house and the access list of the security system but that didn't seem to make any difference in this regard.  thanks

• Like 1

1. Do you mean that he can't rez a package at your house? 

If you want other people to be able to rez items on your parcel, create a group and add an alt to it. Then make your alt a co-owner, but don't give that roll to anyone else. (Groups need to have at least 2 people in them, but to keep others from kicking you out of your own group or doing other mischief, don't give the owner roll to other people.)

Once you have a group, set your land to your group and set it so group members can rez on your land. Now invite anyone you want to be able to rez stuff to your group.

I do this so all my alts & some of my friends can rez stuff on my land. This is especially useful so partners can share a home with you, but if you break up, you can kick them out of the group and return their stuff to their Lost and Found folder.

2. If he is having trouble adding clothing or rezzing textures, this may be a problem with lag. You or your neighbors may have too many scripts or dense textures going on.

One way to deal with this problem is to put a simple skybox or platform at 2000 m or higher and use this as a dressing room. This would thus be away from items at ground level that may be creating lag.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Okay this is a stab in the dark, because I don't use RLV but I've heard of settings within that gameplay that restricts changing clothes. Is it possible that he might be using RLV?

“forbid dress” can be a fun rlv command, especially when you aren’t

😁

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Now if we could just do something about the system heads.  Large hats?  Cousin Itt hair?  Require masks?  Beards?   I'll think on that one.

LOL System heads are just fine. Only the "gotta have the lastest shiny" sort of people got suckered into mesh heads. And one isn't enough, every incremental improvement is reason enough to get another, and another, and another.

Next you'll be trashing flexi prim hair 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
wrong word, and added another sentence

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

LOL System heads are just fine. Only the "gotta have the lastest shiny" sort of people got suckered into mesh heads

Actually, I could live with someone having a system body rather than a system head.  Bodies, in general, can be covered with clothing whether system clothing or sized mesh.  You just can't hide a system head.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

LOL System heads are just fine. Only the "gotta have the lastest shiny" sort of people got suckered into mesh heads

I have other things to do then following an university study about the basics of current mesh heads.
People who don't like my system head can feel free to ignore me if they want to.

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Flexi prim hair doesn't work with the Mobile viewer yet.  It sticks straight up like a giant jagged glitch.

I don't mind some of the flexi hair IF it's short enough to not clip inside the body.  I have one ponytail that's just perfect.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

I have other things to do then following an university study about the basics of current mesh heads.
People who don't like my system head can feel free to ignore me if they want to.

I like YOUR system head just fine.  Or maybe it's because of what's inside that makes.the difference.  😉

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Actually, I could live with someone having a system body rather than a system head.  Bodies, in general, can be covered with clothing whether system clothing or sized mesh.  You just can't hide a system head.

I took a mesh body, because it is much easier to dress than a system body.
Of course I use a Gianni. Not because it is the best (is there a best?) but because 90+% of the fashion makers create for that body. It's pure practical.

Edited by Sid Nagy

39 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I don't mind some of the flexi hair IF it's short enough to not clip inside the body.  I have one ponytail that's just perfect.  

Whats worse, flexi prim hair that clips inside of the body, or mesh hair that sits six inches away from the body? (they musta used two gallons of shellac on that one)

On 12/27/2023 at 9:13 AM, SkylarGood said:

Hello, I am new to SL and I have a SL premium home.  For some reason my friend is unable to change clothes in my house, is there a setting I am missing?  He has to go home, change and then return.   I have added him to the access list of the house and the access list of the security system but that didn't seem to make any difference in this regard.  thanks

Has the friend expressed happiness about being naked at your house? Said friend may just have hot pants 🙂

image.gif

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.