Shot down by zero-second security orb on Xmas Eve

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

badorb2.png.06f966751fc1e8c2be03636097055791.png

Shot down on Xmas Eve by this, flying over Bellessaria. No warning. I was having a nice, relaxing flight, and was getting close to my own place there.

I thought those zero-second orbs had been cleaned out of Belli. Somehow this one was missed. Found the orb, filed the usual abuse report.

66 kills from one orb! I'm tempted to give the owner a lump of coal. But no. It's usually people who didn't read the instructions, not hostility.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, animats said:

badorb2.png.06f966751fc1e8c2be03636097055791.png

Shot down on Xmas Eve by this, flying over Bellessaria. No warning. I was having a nice, relaxing flight, and was getting close to my own place there.

I thought those zero-second orbs had been cleaned out of Belli. Somehow this one was missed. Found the orb, filed the usual abuse report.

66 kills from one orb! I'm tempted to give the owner a lump of coal. But no. It's usually people who didn't read the instructions, not hostility.

I guess Santa is going to have a rough time delivering presents in SL tonight. 🎅 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think people don't understand how security orbs works, or that you can enforce security (usually) at the parcel level too. 🤷‍♂️

When I had a place over on a hillside in Sansara not far from the Snowlands, I had a security orb that just logged visitors to my plot. Most of those were flyers heading to or from one of the nearby airfields. Very occasionally someone would walk through, but that took some doing since I was well away from the nearest roads.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

I think people don't understand how security orbs works, or that you can enforce security (usually) at the parcel level too. 🤷‍♂️

When I had a place over on a hillside in Sansara not far from the Snowlands, I had a security orb that just logged visitors to my plot. Most of those were flyers heading to or from one of the nearby airfields. Very occasionally someone would walk through, but that took some doing since I was well away from the nearest roads.

None of my places have security ( well except for the hornet swarm on one platform) but i do have visitor detectors that  tell me who drops by in real time. Im always amused when someone near me in a club tps out, and then 10 seconds later the detector tells me they are at my place 😁

• Like 1

• Moles
19 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

You are right, zero second orbs are illegal on belli. In fact any orb that ejects between 400M and 2000M elevation in any length of time is illegal.

(however this topic would make more sense to me in the Linden Homes Forum)

Much of the time incorrectly set security devices are found in the first place because someone put one in their private skybox and its default setting covers the whole parcel. 

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.