Top Linden Home Themes... where are the Stilt on Water/Pier themes?

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the 2023 - Second Life Year In Review… And What to Expect in 2024 blog post, they list the Top Linden Home Themes.

topthemes.thumb.JPG.08c890b35717a1697b4153e943f6f863.JPG

Where is Stilt on Water and Stilt on Pier? I have observed that those themes were frequently not available, similar to Houseboats. Is this ranking based on total occupied units rather than percentage of inventory that is occupied?

• Like 4

Perhaps it is based on number of parcels claimed, rather than occupied?  Like many others, I prefer stilts that are on land, but have enough water to permanently moor a boat.  You generally need to hop through a LOT of inland stilts-on-land before you land one that meets those criteria.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

In the 2023 - Second Life Year In Review… And What to Expect in 2024 blog post, they list the Top Linden Home Themes.

topthemes.thumb.JPG.08c890b35717a1697b4153e943f6f863.JPG

Where is Stilt on Water and Stilt on Pier? I have observed that those themes were frequently not available, similar to Houseboats. Is this ranking based on total occupied units rather than percentage of inventory that is occupied?

There are a bunch of new ones going in north of the Log Homes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Perhaps it is based on number of parcels claimed, rather than occupied?  Like many others, I prefer stilts that are on land, but have enough water to permanently moor a boat.  You generally need to hop through a LOT of inland stilts-on-land before you land one that meets those criteria.

If it is claims rather than occupancy then I think this is part of it, but more likely, it is a consequence that the Stilts on Water and on Pier don't become available as often , thus get fewer claims.  If it is based on occupancy then perhaps there are considerably fewer of those parcels?  

• Like 1

I love the stilts. Originally I had an on land which was pretty good but ditched it for over water with one of my alts. It has has a little sandbar island on the land so I made a tiny beach area. It also has nobody really close to it which is a plus and an uncluttered view from the back of the house. I've had that house the longest of any other type. It's been years and I won't give it up. It's a little slice of heaven. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

That was my first thought too when I read that post. I was really surprised Stilts OW weren't on the list, they are often sold out in the land page.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Is this ranking based on total occupied units rather than percentage of inventory that is occupied?

I was using "occupied" to mean the same as "claimed", in other words, assigned to a resident. I speculate that the absence of stilts on pier/water is either a mistake or because there are fewer total parcels in these themes compared to the other themes on the top 5 list.

• Like 1

This list was clearly not curated by anybody that knows how stats work. The stilts ow/stilts op/ranch, none of these will make the list because they're limited in numbers compared to the other themes. "Top/Popular" is a misleading word.

Edited by AzureWaves
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

If it is based on occupancy then perhaps there are considerably fewer of those parcels?  

yes I think so

the rankings appear to be based on: Claimed / Inventory. Which is the standard way to compare Large Inventory to Small Inventory offerings for this kind of comparative ranking

I suspect they mean max number of people taking one from the land page (called Land Store now). But that doesnt take into account sold out or nearly sold out models such as pier and water stilts.

Another way to measure popularity would be by how seldom there are units available and how quickly they are grabbed up. But my guess is that twas not the criteria they used

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.