2024 - Will LL finally fully acknowledge the Adult side of SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

A music/dance/sex club can be for every orientation. SL furniture isn't really all THAT exclusive. We just have to avoid animations that don't work with the scenario, and the woman may have to occasionally use a strapon. I've had bisexual threesomes in public a number of times in multiple places. It's never been an issue for anyone.  LL doesn't have to choose an orientation to cater to.

You really are kidding yourself. For starters LL will lose the lesbian market. lesbians don't want to hang out with guys at a sex place.

And while many guys would enjoy watching two women enjoying themselves in local, I'm sure many guys would be totally grossed out watching two guys, so now you are losing straight guys too.

And seriously,  LL doesn't need to have an adult venue for noobs. I don't know how many 6 month old (male) avatars I've met that are still wearing their starter avi, complete with starter outfit, but every group in their profile is an XXX sex group.

Sex is Second Life's worse kept secret. LL doesn't  doesn't  need to support  it, or advertise it, or have an official LL sex club.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed stuff, added more stuff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

Please remember that this thread, despite the topic, needs to remain G-rated to remain within the forum guidelines.   If people want to start another thread in the Adult Forums then that would no longer be a concern, but please keep this in mind while posting here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Please remember that this thread, despite the topic, needs to remain G-rated to remain within the forum guidelines.   If people want to start another thread in the Adult Forums then that would no longer be a concern, but please keep this in mind while posting here.

Thank you Quartz, I'll keep it clean in my future replies.

But, perhaps the thread should be moved to the adult forum. 😁

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
had another reply in this post by mistake, added stuff
  • Like 1

They said at the birthday that they intended to complete Zindra. So my money is on an adult hub with a club as part of it, placed somewhere in the area as they add in the final regions for the continent. Likely to just be a regular music type club, only with fewer restrictions on what you can wear and say. Could have a shopping bit like the main hub, only focusing on merchants who make adult stuff.

Things people asked for were adult Linden Homes and for the birthday adult area to have a stage. Both of those aren't too outrageous, so it might happen.

Linking in Zindra with everywhere else was already turned down. It'd need too many regions, but even if it didn't, everything they've done so far has made sure people can't wander into the adult areas by mistake or see the adult areas from a general/mature region. The birthday and shop and hop required people to teleport, rather than having a walking route. Which is a good thing. It means people don't have to see anything they don't want to see and the adult areas can do whatever without worrying about it.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

But, perhaps the thread should be moved to the adult forum. 😁

I intentionally opened in in regular General -- partly for a wider audience and partly to keep it clean.

Feel free to open one up a similar thread in Adult for more risque conversations

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I do don’t even know there was an adult forum! Where is it? 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 6:05 PM, Sammy Huntsman said:

Why would you want it to be a whole Fetlife experience, there is more to adult stuff than BDSM Fetishes and Kinks. I think this is a step in the right direction, however I do think it was perfectly fine with just user-generated content. 

Personally, I feel this is basically a way to acknowledge that the user generated content DOES exist. And to show that people can find any sexual fantasy they want in SL.

• Moles
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I intentionally opened in in regular General -- partly for a wider audience and partly to keep it clean.

Feel free to open one up a similar thread in Adult for more risque conversations

I assumed you had your reasons for opening the thread here, which is why I didn't suggest moving it.    The fact it's got this far without any problems demonstrates your decision was the right one and that it's perfectly possible to have a useful discussion without going into too much Adult detail, which is why I don't want to take up BilliJo's suggestion.   

If people want to start a parallel discussion in the Adult forum, they're very welcome to, but let's keep this one suitable for a G audience.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, xXJupiterHeightsXx Starchild said:

Maybe I over looked it but is zindra accessible? I was not able to locate it on the map or is it unlisted and need to still be finished? 

in World Map type: Zindra in the Find box. This will put the map on Zindra Ocean region. The Zindra continent is to the East

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is fine right here, and you are right, it gets a wider audience here 😁

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, xXJupiterHeightsXx Starchild said:

Maybe I over looked it but is zindra accessible? I was not able to locate it on the map or is it unlisted and need to still be finished? 

If you didn't know it was there, you'd never casually find it on the map. you have to drag the map wayyyyy to the east, far past the last islands, and then, there it is in all its glory , with Horizons attached to the top like a wart on some bald guys head

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Ahh Ty! Now the question I ask myself.. Do you dare go down that rabbit hole? 
I think I must at least peek inside! Catch me if I fall to deep! 

Don't to forget to check out the Naughty Christmas Greetings thread, and perhaps add a pic of your own 😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

That's actually some of the reason for my stance. I want movement between ratings to always need a teleport and be unable to be automated in order to prevent accidental crossing and conflicts of what should be going on when and where.

first of all, you don't HAVE a point, regarding the officially under 18 in SL, as they CANNOT move between ratings AAT ALL. G Rated only.

I want to always know when I'm moving between rating, and be able to keep it from happening outside of my awareness (such as with an experience or RLV).

If you are wearing an RLV attachment that teleports you, that's almost certainly not intended to be an M-Rated item, so complaining that you wore an Adult item, and it took you to an Adult Rated area is a bit rich.

I want to be able to fully avoid a rating that is not consistent with how I wish to experience SL. If I were a 'G' user, I'd want all the M and A stuff "gone" from my SL.

You can, set your viewer to G Rated only, it warns you when you try to visit M/A rated. set it to G/M, it warns you when you try to visit A rated. So instead of trying to cripple other people's SL, why not LEARN TO USE the options in your viewer that already exist.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Adult clubs are never fully open and inclusive. There are straight clubs, bi clubs, gay clubs and lesbien clubs. To expect one venue to accomodate all of these under one roof is a recipe for failure.

13 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Can you imagine the furor if LL opened a sex club that was exclusively for one sexual orientation, or another?

Pretty sure I remember seeing a thread on the Forums here, where a "Concerned Crusader" type was officially "shocked and outraged" when HE discovered HE was not welcome in Lesbian Clubs, and claimed HE should be because "inclusive" and how HE might want to buy a Lesbian a gift from one of the vendor boards HE assumed the club must have, and that "LL must act now to end this injustice" because "SL is a SOCIAL Platform!".

LGBTQAI+ Reality is the L's don't want to share a space with the G's who don't want to share with the L's, both the B's pretend to be L or G depending on their gender when visiting L & G spaces, and neither L's or G's are quite sure about the T's who have their own spaces anyway, and there are not enough Minor Minority QAI+'s for the other 4 Major Minorities to really worry about

The L bar I occasionally visit in the nearest City, usually only gets G's coming in if they are a "Plus 1" with a B pretending to be an L. And I don't remember EVER seeing an AI+ in there.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Sexy without the potential for the sex is a waste of time, even if for most of us, sexy never ends in sex.

We could have been sexy in Sansar. 

Yes you could, but sex itself was banned in sansar, LL made that quite clear.

And then they wonder why no one visited and why it failed.

Well duh 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.