Legacy Body Not Animating Butt Physics

Dymize

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not all bodies use the bones influenced by Avatar Physics (AP). There is no good way to replace AP with an animation.

If the designer does not rig the body to use AP then the info needed is just not there. With breasts, it is possible to make "passable" animations as the vertices of the breasts are almost exclusively weighted to a couple of bones. So animating the breasts is possible. With the belly and butt, most of the surrounding areas are weighted to the same bones. So animation moves more than just the part AP moves.

Some clever creative may devise a way to do what you want. I have yet to see anyone that has done that.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Not all bodies use the bones influenced by Avatar Physics (AP). There is no good way to replace AP with an animation.

If the designer does not rig the body to use AP then the info needed is just not there. With breasts, it is possible to make "passable" animations as the vertices of the breasts are almost exclusively weighted to a couple of bones. So animating the breasts is possible. With the belly and butt, most of the surrounding areas are weighted to the same bones. So animation moves more than just the part AP moves.

Some clever creative may devise a way to do what you want. I have yet to see anyone that has done that.

The problem though is I see the comments and reviews on the Physics that are made for Legacy and its like its working for everyone but me and idk what Im doing or not doing 

1 hour ago, Nymvelyn said:

The problem though is I see the comments and reviews on the Physics that are made for Legacy and its like its working for everyone but me and idk what Im doing or not doing 

What specific Legacy body do you have? The "Legacy Classic" free body is a completely different body from the overpriced full price Legacy bodies.

• Like 1

It may depend on what Legacy body you have.  I use the pay version of the Legacy body and the included Legacy physics, and believe me that butt bounces.  One of the major selling points for Legacy was that physics were enabled in that area.

Make sure you're wearing the appropriate set of physics.  The body comes with three, one which activates the breasts, one which activates the backside, and one which activates both.  You may be wearing the one that's breasts only.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

It may depend on what Legacy body you have.  I use the pay version of the Legacy body and the included Legacy physics, and believe me that butt bounces.  One of the major selling points for Legacy was that physics were enabled in that area.

Make sure you're wearing the appropriate set of physics.  The body comes with three, one which activates the breasts, one which activates the backside, and one which activates both.  You may be wearing the one that's breasts only.

Hmm. I bought the Legacy CLassic and Legacy Pregnancy bodies. Neither bounces for the butt. 

46 minutes ago, Nymvelyn said:

Hmm. I bought the Legacy CLassic and Legacy Pregnancy bodies. Neither bounces for the butt. 

Those physics are enabled on both bodies you mentioned.

Check to see which set of physics you're wearing; when I get home I can give the exact name, but I'm at the office right now.  Or if you want to post a screenshot of your Now Wearing tab (Avatar > Now wearing) I can tell you from here.

Are you able to view other physics?  Just making sure your ability to see those isn't turned off.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Grammar matters.
  • Like 1

Also, physics IMO, should only work as your avatar moves and it should be subtle.  Nothing funnier than breasts swinging wildly even after you've stopped dancing/walking/slexing.   If you're wanting physics that jiggle your butt while you're standing still which seems to be uber popular, that's not physics. That's more of an animation HUD like the ones at Birth.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Nymvelyn said:

There are three sets of physics in your Legacy body folders:

LegacyPhysics.png.c4c99ed43060003067e2a23be817e246.png

If you want the butt physics activated you need to be wearing either the top or the bottom of those; I'm currently wearing the bottom set (highlighted) which includes both top and bottom physics.  As Janet and Rowan above both mentioned, physics do tend to have a slightly more subtle look, but if you're wearing hair that's rigged to the butt, you can check and see if they're working, like in this GIF clip:

PhysicsGIF.gif.3dd09fed7bc3f36cf49fc524cec09251.gif

If I'm wearing hairs from some creators, I have to wear the top-only physics... as with this hair, for instance.  Also, because apparently my sense of humor stopped developing when I was twelve, I am now running that clip over and over and over and over...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you're wanting physics that jiggle your butt while you're standing still which seems to be uber popular, that's not physics.

"Excuse me miss, you appear to have left the motor running when you parked your ass..."

You can actually do that with physics layers, if the settings are bad enough, no damping.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

"Excuse me miss, you appear to have left the motor running when you parked your ass..."

You can actually do that with physics layers, if the settings are bad enough, no damping.

Yeah, I've seen all kinds of bad physics but the majority of stuff I see now is the animations type.  I suppose it depends on where you go, too.

https://gyazo.com/4c32c5cf00fcbf742c643bc414175f8a

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 2:10 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Also, physics IMO, should only work as your avatar moves and it should be subtle.  Nothing funnier than breasts swinging wildly even after you've stopped dancing/walking/slexing.   If you're wanting physics that jiggle your butt while you're standing still which seems to be uber popular, that's not physics. That's more of an animation HUD like the ones at Birth.

Right Im wanting it to naturally move when I walk. And Im wearing a physic from the pregnancy body folder and the only thing I see "subtly" moving is the tail bone area of my butt that makes the ends of my hair shake like crazy. But looking at the butt itself you can't see it move when walking or not stopped either unless you're zoomed all the way in

10 hours ago, Nymvelyn said:

Like I just want a natural sway and jiggle when I walk. Not a frigid tail bone shake that looks anything but natural. Soo I guess does anyone know any good animations then? 

Have you tried to modify or make some yourself? That might be the best way to get what you are looking for..

Here is a quick tutorial from Strawberry on how to mod or create your own..

Also the link to her blog from back then with the page about physics if you want to have a loook there also..

https://strawberrysingh.com/2016/03/25/second-life-avatar-physics-tutorial/

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.