Facebook saves

sooby Mills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well... Facebook/Meta is a competitor of the Lab. I am not surprised they have an algorithm to hide 'selected' posts about SL.

Between Meta censorship and China's disinformation campaigns (FB is talking about how they keep us safe from the Chinese campaigns), it is wise to be skeptical of anything you hear on FB/Meta.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sooby Mills said:

Just recently I have saved a few Facebook posts pertaining to Second Life using my mobile. When I log into Facebook on my PC they are not there. This has started just recently. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Saving anything SL to any RL media just spells a problem to me. You really don't want your personal business out there. And the obvious question: Why would anyone do that? Could anyone under the age of 30 (or perhaps 20, dunno) please explain that to me as though I were five? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

Saving anything SL to any RL media just spells a problem to me. You really don't want your personal business out there. And the obvious question: Why would anyone do that? Could anyone under the age of 30 (or perhaps 20, dunno) please explain that to me as though I were five? 

Nobody under fifty uses Facebook unless forced by a boomer. Your point stands for TicTok, though.

@sooby Mills, you're not Canadian by any chance, nor Australian? Meta takes a dim view of the Commonwealth, lest you be a journalist in disguise.

23 minutes ago, sooby Mills said:

Not Canadian.. European yes.. Born and bred in UK, now in Spain. I don't think meta cares for any nationality really, do they? 🙃

Probably not, and they may be trying to keep news off everybody's timelines—it would be a lot less trouble for them—but Canada and earlier Australia passed laws giving Meta a good excuse to pull the plug. They reached a deal bringing back news in Australia but didn't in Canada although Canada and Google very recently did come to some compromise over the same law—but not nearly what the government would like folks to think.

… which, come to think of it, may be less interesting to a European. Sorry for the silly distraction. 

On 12/2/2023 at 1:52 PM, Qie Niangao said:

Nobody under fifty uses Facebook unless forced by a boomer. Your point stands for TicTok, though.

@sooby Mills, you're not Canadian by any chance, nor Australian? Meta takes a dim view of the Commonwealth, lest you be a journalist in disguise.

Dump Fakebook today for a better tomorrow!

The Lab should do their own social.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.