clothes designers

kittycatdoll2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I can honestly say that Belleza GenX classic is the prettiest body I have demo'ed.

But as others have listed up, Belleza did not understand marketing. When people are all eager and exited, you do not price it way too high. You strike while it is hot news, set an introduction price so low that people feel they do not take a risk. They buy the body because it feels like such a good deal.

People came and saw the price. "I'll wait and see how much content it is made for it". And then creators "Not many bought that body... I waste time rigging for it". Potential customer: "No one makes content for it. It's a shame, but I did not waste my money. It was smart to wait."

And so it goes. The few who bought it, store it away and use another body instead. Creators look at surveys and statistics and does not bother to rig for it.

Let alone ignored their old customer base and hardly drew a drop of them into the new body.. The final update for the older bodies  they put in a card which apologized for taking so long with the update.. Then made it seem like something really good was coming for the bodies..  I think almost everyone was expecting some amazing update or something.. Instead it was a new body..

At the event or the whole release, not a single bit did they try to draw in their older customers.. not a discount or gift or anything..  I can't help but feel that if they would have just acknowledged their current customer base in some way, that they could have done better.. 

Instead they jacked up the price like it was a first come first serve  for concert tickets.. hehehe

I love the look and feel of the body,other than the material layer, which I still hope they fix.. But that whole release and how they went about it, just sat  in the back of me like a bad aftertaste.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kittycatdoll2 said:

now yeah if you want like huge avatar with a big booty then reborn works lol but for me i want a nice bubble butt not like huge

It sounds like you just need to play with the sliders and maybe a deformer, you don't HAVE to have a huge badonkadonk if you know what you're doing. I wouldn't consider my Reborn avatar to be very slim but she doesn't look like, super exaggerated or anything.

Edited by Missy Starchild

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I created for a little while and really enjoyed it.. But the first custom job I did,  wrecked me so bad that it sucked the wind right out of my sail.. hehehe

Dear god, I have some stories about doing custom jobs. Don't know how I survived. One of my creator friends said I'm crazy...lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Dear god, I have some stories about doing custom jobs. Don't know how I survived. One of my creator friends said I'm crazy...lol

I think my experience was so bad was because they could see the whole process and  constantly had input  it seemed like on every single step.. Rather than waiting until it was finished..

I did some really wild things with textures that gave depth to the textures and made the universe feel really 3D like you were looking off into space.. It took me forever and a day to figure that out on my own..

By the time I was done with that project, I felt over worked, underpaid and looking to get as far away from creating anything as I could get.. it was like a month of pain.. lol

So now if I make something and someone likes it, I just give it to them..It makes me feel better, plus they can't really complain about it.. They asked for it.. hehehe

So ya, that sucked..lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Let alone ignored their old customer base and hardly drew a drop of them into the new body.. The final update for the older bodies  they put in a card which apologized for taking so long with the update.. Then made it seem like something really good was coming for the bodies..  I think almost everyone was expecting some amazing update or something.. Instead it was a new body..

At the event or the whole release, not a single bit did they try to draw in their older customers.. not a discount or gift or anything..  I can't help but feel that if they would have just acknowledged their current customer base in some way, that they could have done better.. 

Instead they jacked up the price like it was a first come first serve  for concert tickets.. hehehe

I love the look and feel of the body,other than the material layer, which I still hope they fix.. But that whole release and how they went about it, just sat  in the back of me like a bad aftertaste.. hehehe

Wasn't it something about different prices too? Lite, regular, super and superduper mega?

I saw they had a sale and was thinking:  Hmmm.... maybe I buy it now? Then I saw the different prices and it was HELL NO.

I was stuck between buying the cheapest one, or pay more for "advanced" ones. It gave me a headache: Do I pay more? Do I need layers? The add-on chest? I do not know what I will need. So I said no buy, Belleza are stupid.

Just sell the body as classic or curvy, that is enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Wasn't it something about different prices too? Lite, regular, super and superduper mega?

I saw they had a sale and was thinking:  Hmmm.... maybe I buy it now? Then I saw the different prices and it was HELL NO.

I was stuck between buying the cheapest one, or pay more for "advanced" ones. It gave me a headache: Do I pay more? Do I need layers? The add-on chest? I do not know what I will need. So I said no buy, Belleza are stupid.

Just sell the body as classic or curvy, that is enough.

they only had the curvy  or the classic I believe which were like 5500 each I think..Or you could get the fatpack for like 8500, if I remember right.. It was something like that when it released..

Then I think they took off like 20% for the holidays, which the other bodies were doing like 50% off around that time.. hehehe

Then later they went with a wider selection of versions, but I think the premium or fatpack or whatever it is, is still way up there..

I really haven't been there in awhile..  it just seems like a lot of work when they could have probably just did better releasing one body rather than splitting it up into two bodies  and  so many versions of each..

That was something right out of the gate that I felt would hurt them.. Two bodies and one falling behind because of lack of creator support.. My money was on the curvy to do better.. It did but not by much in the first year..  Last I remember, they were pretty close to each other.. but that was months ago.. hehehe

27 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

they only had the curvy  or the classic I believe which were like 5500 each I think..Or you could get the fatpack for like 8500, if I remember right.. It was something like that when it released..

Then I think they took off like 20% for the holidays, which the other bodies were doing like 50% off around that time.. hehehe

Then later they went with a wider selection of versions, but I think the premium or fatpack or whatever it is, is still way up there..

I really haven't been there in awhile..  it just seems like a lot of work when they could have probably just did better releasing one body rather than splitting it up into two bodies  and  so many versions of each..

That was something right out of the gate that I felt would hurt them.. Two bodies and one falling behind because of lack of creator support.. My money was on the curvy to do better.. It did but not by much in the first year..  Last I remember, they were pretty close to each other.. but that was months ago.. hehehe

Yeah it was $5500 on release. I was interested before I saw that price and just noped right out of it, looks like most other people did as well.

I'm no marketing expert but... it seems to me if a market is already highly competitive and the products available are all mature and roughly equivalent (with aesthetic being the only real difference) and with many overlapping the same segment of the market at an already discounted price your only real option to enter and be successful is to compete on value, at the very least since the SL body and clothes market are so closely intertwined you need to enter at a price that is very attractive. Belleza seemed to do the opposite and the result can be seen in just how rare it is to find a GenX size for clothes today.

I don't think many will want to release bodies for SL given these conditions, I don't blame them for wanting a decent return on investment but how you compete and build market share when the competition can charge less than half of your price is beyond me.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Yeah it was $5500 on release. I was interested before I saw that price and just noped right out of it, looks like most other people did as well.

I'm no marketing expert but... it seems to me if a market is already highly competitive and the products available are all mature and roughly equivalent (with aesthetic being the only real difference) and with many overlapping the same segment of the market at an already discounted price your only real option to enter and be successful is to compete on value, at the very least since the SL body and clothes market are so closely intertwined you need to enter at a price that is very attractive. Belleza seemed to do the opposite and the result can be seen in just how rare it is to find a GenX size for clothes today.

I don't think many will want to release bodies for SL given these conditions, I don't blame them for wanting a decent return on investment but how you compete and build market share when the competition can charge less than half of your price is beyond me.

I think they thought the name would carry them further than it did.. It may have, if they didn't leave all the current customers behind, as if they just walked in the door for the first time.. hehehe

• Like 3

I understand wanting a good return for all the hours put into creation, but:

Sell 100 bodies for 5500 = 550 000 L

Sell 1000 bodies for 1500, and make sure people know it is an introduction offer = 1 500 000 L.

A person like me, who got a much lower income in RL the last years, would take a look at the price and think: "1500 L is like 3 fatpacks of hairs. I can spoil myself a bit, buy it now when I can get it cheap".

And the added benefit of many more who own the body, and go to creators and ask for clothes for the body. When creators put the sizes in the clothing pack, it becomes "one of the easy bodies to find new content for" and that is very, very positive.

Then you can set up the price for your body to "normal" and still sell, because just look at Lelutka.

Lelutka store always has a lot of people. I was in the Genus store... it was some females, but I did not see a male avatar there, even if Genus has male heads now. In Lelutka it was 1 male for every 5 female (roughly estimate). And in Catwa? One green dot, in addition to me.

Of course not all in a store spend money. Some pick up demos, some are there with friends or partners. But still. It is the popularity. The bigger crowd the store attracts, the better.

• Like 3

The only thing I wish they'd fix on the Reborn is the knees but I find the rest is perfect for me.  I've gotten basically the same shape with all 3 bodies so it can be done.  It just takes some editing skills.  I certainly don't have a huge butt.  It's pretty nicely shaped and in proportion to the rest of me and fairly close to my RL shape.   Top and bottom are BOM.  Sometimes, clothing rigged for Reborn will make my butt look bigger.  That's kind of a peeve.

659bfd3bc0eff5e26ae058b7ebe2d152.thumb.jpg.9714fb5e65a7de0837de041ae3494c49.jpg

15e8f145e10281142d6cbde4407e343f.thumb.jpg.7f739301f1c59ebb65ad38f7057d26b0.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, kittycatdoll2 said:

well i did not to pay the 5500 for it i go for quality it is nice body legacy to both to me are wonderful i think reborn is cheaply made for people who cant afford legacy 

I think Reborn is doing really well for a lot of other reasons than how much it costs..

If you released legacy and reborn on the same day, I'm willing to bet  Legacy would be sitting back in Reborns wake like what happened to Erika.. Reborn isn't just climbing because of brand new customers getting their first mesh body..

It's because of people switching to Reborn, from other bodies.. If money was the issue, they wouldn't be switching at all..

Legacy's numbers have gone down since the release of Reborn.. Which means, they are pulling people that spent  the money to get a legacy body and  went and bought the Reborn.. Legacy is only like two years older than reborn and already in the top 5  if not higher.. I haven't looked in awhile at the numbers to be honest.. But I know it hasn't declined in the list..

• Like 2

right but see no its nt huge its the shape of it though you see how it kinda sags and droops the butti mean it bothers me soo much so if you have ocd like me anything out of place drives me nuts and yes the knees are bad to lol it is just cheap but i get that not  a bunch can just spend 5k or 5500 on a body 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The only thing I wish they'd fix on the Reborn is the knees but I find the rest is perfect for me.  I've gotten basically the same shape with all 3 bodies so it can be done.  It just takes some editing skills.  I certainly don't have a huge butt.  It's pretty nicely shaped and in proportion to the rest of me and fairly close to my RL shape.   Top and bottom are BOM.  Sometimes, clothing rigged for Reborn will make my butt look bigger.  That's kind of a peeve.

659bfd3bc0eff5e26ae058b7ebe2d152.thumb.jpg.9714fb5e65a7de0837de041ae3494c49.jpg

15e8f145e10281142d6cbde4407e343f.thumb.jpg.7f739301f1c59ebb65ad38f7057d26b0.jpg

Ya, that's really about my only thing with it for me also is the knees feel kind of pinchy.. The butt is easy to work with and get it down and in, which was kind of a pain for me at first.. But I have the hang of it now.. Butt control achieved!! \o/

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Imo, it’s not all that hard to find clothing for Gen X. I’d say 50-65% of the creators at most tier 1 events carry at least one of the GenX bodies. The numbers of creators seem to be increasing.

I’ve seen a couple of people say something like ‘why are so many creators supporting a body nobody wears?’

So the truth is somewhere in between ‘I can’t find stuff for it’ and nobody’s wearing it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.