WHY Linden Homes Prims So high?

Eli Vespucciano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For LH, you are given a parcel with amount of prim count in proportion to the parcel size you own. Your linden home is not counted to the prim you own, which is why Linden Homes are so attractive. The only disadvantage is the type of house is restricted to the few option available.

SL does offer land that has double prim and you are free to use any house you want. Those land are in Bay City, Nautilus City and Zindra (Adult land).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Eli Vespucciano said:

Following In need of more Linden 2048 square meters homes .. I also wonder why the houses have so many prims that could be given to us .. now a days you could find the same house for like 50 prims each .. I am so supprised it is so high on them ...it takes away for all the prims .. 

Even if the LI of the homes was less, you still would not get more LI because you are already getting the total normal LI for the parcel size. 

If they made the homes less LI, then the homes would not be able to be seen from far away by folks with their graphics settings really low --- and they would also probably just put more homes in each region with the spare LI.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Even if the LI of the homes was less, you still would not get more LI because you are already getting the total normal LI for the parcel size. 

If they made the homes less LI, then the homes would not be able to be seen from far away by folks with their graphics settings really low --- and they would also probably just put more homes in each region with the spare LI.

my lappy is a heavy gamer one .. and yes having prims will help others ..I get your point .. but if i am on a parcel .. and the amount takes away for all the prims which makes no sence to me .. it is a waste of prims on such small house being over 100  prims that is my two cents .. and paying all i pay for my sims .. and PP dag i would love more

prims for my get away parcel \

:(

Edited by Eli Vespucciano

Even if the moles made the homes that don't count against the Li of your parcel lower Li you still wouldn't get more Li on your parcel, a standard 2048sqm is 702 Li and that's not going to change. The only reason places like Horizons and Nautilus city can be double Li is they are as sparsely decorated as they can get away with lots of open protected space and few parcels per region.

If you found a private estate that gave you a double Li 2048 there would have to be an empty 2048 that the owner can't use to help cover tier costs 

• Like 4

The Linden Homes are built a bit high LOD and high detail to give top quality meshes that are not supposed to decay into bad shapes as you cam away (in practice I see roofs and outside walls vanish, leaving an inner wall shell - as a certain distance).

The idea is that even for users who use the proper LOD factor settings (1.7 to 2.7 range) the houses will look good from a distance.

As such they are very high in Land Impact. But that Land Impact is charged to the region, not to the parcel.

With the old linden homes the house was not "actually" inside the parcel - it's root prim might be just outside somewhere. I think the new ones are in your parcel, but lindens have just advanced their server code enough to charge the land impact to outside and make the house non-returnable.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

With the old linden homes the house was not "actually" inside the parcel - it's root prim might be just outside somewhere. I think the new ones are in your parcel, but lindens have just advanced their server code enough to charge the land impact to outside and make the house non-returnable.

The root prim is still outside of the parcel.  That is much easier than trying to modify the server code to ignore houses on Linden Home parcels.

Turn on the option to show parcel boundaries and then Edit the house.  You'll see that the root prim is outside of the boundaries to your parcel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The root prim is still outside of the parcel.  That is much easier than trying to modify the server code to ignore houses on Linden Home parcels.

That's what I thought too - but I found the root prim for my tree house was in the middle of the tree trunk down near the ground.

Screenshot2023-10-27145123.thumb.png.8160e593e66097a1a49edfdd70a4ed9e.png

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver

• Moles

It looks that way, but it's a pathcut, hollowed and sliced prim, 32 metres long.   All you can see is the visible bit.

This is where the root actually is:

rootprimoftreehouse.png.20fab25fb02b2b59ae184953b019bf39.png

That's with "edit linked" checked.  If I uncheck it, the cross-hairs revert to the centre of the tree.  

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 9

On 10/26/2023 at 11:13 PM, Nae Mayo said:

For LH, you are given a parcel with amount of prim count in proportion to the parcel size you own. Your linden home is not counted to the prim you own, which is why Linden Homes are so attractive. The only disadvantage is the type of house is restricted to the few option available.

SL does offer land that has double prim and you are free to use any house you want. Those land are in Bay City, Nautilus City and Zindra (Adult land).

i do have two sims that i purchased  years ago .. but i just wish that we had more prims for decorating in the LL parcel .. that is my ? it is my hiding place .. when i am able to get a 2048 when it is completed .. thank you tho

We all get used to using our favorite landscaping items and furnishings; your pics look like you've done some impressive work.  I, too, in the past had whole regions, or sometimes quarter regions, to decorate.  I'm not a terrific region designer, but when I began getting Belli homes, I found I had to buy a whole new bunch of low-LI stuff, and go to different stores than I had been used to in the past.  Now that there are SO many Belli residents, many of the older stores have begun making good quality, low LI items that are good enough LOD for Belli's small parcels.  If you look at some of the more fully decorated homes in the themes you like, maybe you'll see some lower-LI items that can help you furnish more fully.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.