Clipping

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can we talk about clipping? I’m currently using firestorm, I know I could probably use black dragon to fix this, but can I fix it in firestorm anyway? (Photo will be attached) His hand is clipped into my back by quite a bit. (My shoulder blade was hungry). 

0A1A2E02-9D07-42D2-B234-F467B60F2DD8.jpeg

14 hours ago, Spilledguts said:

I saw this in marketplace. Will it help me? 

02EDEB96-1E56-49FE-A149-6D3D306906F6.png

It will help you for sure.

Furthermore Animare comes with guest HUDs which you can give to your friends and adjust their bodies from your HUD. It's very easy to use and gets the job done. 
While no HUD can come even close to the posing capabilities Black Dragon offers, you can't make adjustments of others using it. That's where products like Animare and AnyPose come in.

AnyPose provides more options and detailed joint adjustments but costs significant amount, so keep that in mind.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Aiyumei said:

Furthermore Animare comes with guest HUDs which you can give to your friends and adjust their bodies from your HUD. It's very easy to use and gets the job done. 
While no HUD can come even close to the posing capabilities Black Dragon offers, you can't make adjustments of others using it. That's where products like Animare and AnyPose come in.

AnyPose provides more options and detailed joint adjustments but costs significant amount, so keep that in mind.

If I was to purchase one right away, would Anypose do most everything I would need to? Or would I eventually find myself getting Animare as well?  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Aiyumei said:

The one issue with the BD poser is that only you see the adjustments made.  If both people are snapping pics, they won't see the same thing as you.

20 minutes ago, Spilledguts said:

If I was to purchase one right away, would Anypose do most everything I would need to? Or would I eventually find myself getting Animare as well?  

I own both and rarely use the Animare one which I bought first.  Anypose is better, IMO.

3 hours ago, Spilledguts said:

I have both Animare and Anypose. Off the top of my head, these are the differences between them:

• Anypose has bento finger poses. Animare don't.
  • Anypose has eye poses. Animare don't
  • Anypose has facial expressions (only for systems avies). Animare don't.
  • Anypose has 'Copy Button' feature allows you in one click to mirror the arm or leg position to the opposite side after setting up one limb. Animare don't.
  • Anypose & Animare both allow you to puppet other avatars. Anypose will let you do that from your HUD with no guest HUDs needed to give out; the other person has to grant permission (if I recall correctly). Animare requires you to give the other avie a no-copy HUD so you can pose them. (You just have to remember to ask them to return it to you.)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Spilledguts said:

I do photography professionally for quite a while using Animare. For me it gets the job perfectly, but as Eddy said and I in my earlier post, Animare has limited capabilities compared to AnyPose. That too can be bypassed with other products who in my opinion do better job in AnyPose. They are all HUD controlled that simply require your model to grant you permissions.

FATE Hand poser - for very detailed and fine hand adjustments
Lelutka Axis - the best facial expressions control HUD out there on the market that works with every Mesh head.

To put it in financial perspective, in order to fully utilize Anypose's features that will cost you 4500L. As for alternative, Animare - 1299L, FATE - 695L, Lelutka  Axis - 1500L, total sum of 3495L.

Pros and cons:
For AnyPose all the features are stuffed in one HUD which can be both good and bad. You have less attachment on yourself, everything is packed in single HUD and can be overwhelming to navigate and work with.
For Animare, FATE and Axis you have 3 HUDs attached to your interface which can be pain in the butt if you're on relatively small monitor as the HUDs will overlap with each other. On the Upside for finer adjustments FATE and Axis provide better features and are very to work with compared to AnyPose.

To summarize all the nonsense I said - If you're looking for simple joint adjustments Animare is ideal for your needs. If you're looking to get into fine tuning then you will have to invest.

There's another option. Well, several. But a fairly easy one.

Have him adjust his shape. Try increasing shoulder width until it no longer clips, or use the arm length slider to see if that helps. Depending on angle and how extreme the clipping is, you can sometimes get a nice shot which doesn't distort the avi beyond recognition. You also might be able to adjust the position of the avatars, depending on the rights given with the poseballs (assuming there are any). 

On 8/15/2023 at 1:30 AM, Orwar said:

There's another option. Well, several. But a fairly easy one.

Have him adjust his shape. Try increasing shoulder width until it no longer clips, or use the arm length slider to see if that helps. Depending on angle and how extreme the clipping is, you can sometimes get a nice shot which doesn't distort the avi beyond recognition. You also might be able to adjust the position of the avatars, depending on the rights given with the poseballs (assuming there are any). 

Would it work if she adjusted her hoover, so she sink down? It looks like the hand is meant to rest on her shoulder.

I think her hand would caress his chin then, not his hair. Much better imho.

If it is not going to be a picture that include their feet, it does not matter is she sink down - or he hoover over the floor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Would it work if she adjusted her hoover, so she sink down? It looks like the hand is meant to rest on her shoulder.

I think her hand would caress his chin then, not his hair. Much better imho.

If it is not going to be a picture that include their feet, it does not matter is she sink down - or he hoover over the floor.

Yes, that's also an option which sometimes works. For that pose it looks like it would!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.