Aditi down?

Lance Kent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the topic says, is the beta grid offline atm? I can't seem to find a status page, and would like to know if I need to submit a ticket or not. Stuck at 'Retrieving region capabilities'  Thanks in advance, and sorry if it's a dumb question. Been out of the game for several years.

• Like 1

Aditi is not down, exactly, but something changed which broke viewer compatibility, badly.

Firestorm 6.6.8 can't log into Aditi at all. The current LL Materials release candidate viewer, 7.0.0.581126, can log in, but avatars are stuck at white clouds and teleports are broken.

Tried on two different computers. It's broken.

Firestorm 6.6.8 on the main grid seems fine.

LL is at the point where glTF materials are about to launch, and apparently something went wrong.

Edited by animats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why does certificate expiration seem to be a common theme at LL?

Why is there not someone designated to keep those concurrent?

This has been a problem for as long as I've been using the platform.

This simply should not happen at all with any professional business organization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it seems that way i was able to get in on an older version of Firestorm But yeh avi not loading and cant upload mesh so thats put a huge dent into my creating as i dont really want to pay L each time just to test my items even if LL would just love that.. sigh

As it stands right now, using the default viewer, I can get into the beta grid, but av refuses to load, inventory never finishes loading, can't tp anywhere, and no mesh upload options. It's hard to know what's the grid, and what needs a ticket.

6 hours ago, lordstu Nyoki said:

it seems that way i was able to get in on an older version of Firestorm But yeh avi not loading and cant upload mesh so thats put a huge dent into my creating as i dont really want to pay L each time just to test my items even if LL would just love that.. sigh

If you do use Firestorm it has a local mesh function in the build menu that will let you test out mesh on the main grid for free the upload is temporary for as long as you're logged in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Monty Linden said:

Just certs expiration.  Some AWS migration expediencies slow the response actions a bit but that's the essence.

@Lance Kent try logging in to Ahern directly and see how things go.

Ahern on Aditi seems to be back up for Firestorm 6.6.8. Dore blanked out and came back quickly. Walking into Dore caused lower body to disappear. Trying to get back into Ahern caused a stall, then a forced disconnect.

Edited by animats
  • Thanks 1

• Lindens

Yup, crossing into a bad region will end your journey.  All the viewer's capabilities break as well as other things.  Bonafico is looking better and the 'Second Life Server' channel is where you want to stay to get work done for the moment.  (Yes, I know, we don't advertise channels like we used to.  We'll talk about that later....)

(This looks very much like certain types of region crossing failure. There are some useful insights here. The viewer has to complete several HTTP transactions with caps and the event poller at a region crossing, but there's not much in the way of viewer-side visibility as the tasks complete or fail to complete. Perhaps worth tracking viewer side, and displaying in some diagnostic panel. Not a subject for tonight, but worth later attention.)

4 hours ago, Monty Linden said:

Yup, crossing into a bad region will end your journey.  All the viewer's capabilities break as well as other things.  Bonafico is looking better and the 'Second Life Server' channel is where you want to stay to get work done for the moment.  (Yes, I know, we don't advertise channels like we used to.  We'll talk about that later....)

could you please explain that to someone who does not know what the 'Second Life Server' channel is? 

9 hours ago, Monty Linden said:

Just certs expiration.

Interesting... I usually update the ca-bundle.crt for my viewer each time LL is issuing a new one, but it looks like I missed the latest update (that likely occurred during LL's git migration from bitbucket to github), meaning my viewer is still using the ”old” bundle, instead... and works better (just fine, actually) with it in Aditi right now ! 🤣

The latest is not always the greatest, after all... 😜

3 hours ago, Kathrine Jansma said:

The only right solution is to automate that stuff away.

Indeed, and I am surprised AWS servers are not configured for it by default...

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

15 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you do use Firestorm it has a local mesh function in the build menu that will let you test out mesh on the main grid for free the upload is temporary for as long as you're logged in

yeah my issue is local mesh does not work with scripts :/ and that is sorta the main thing as without that i cant really see if it;s working correctly lol i guess i just have to wait for it to be fixed lol

15 hours ago, Monty Linden said:

also not sure what the Second Life Server channel is? if there is a way i can get work done would love to know how lol but thank you for doing what you can to help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.