Yet Another Disillusioned Mainland Land Owner

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I happen to be in LL's discord so I do see discussions between some of the better connected residents and also often the Lindens themselves.

Whilst I don't claim to speak on behalf of any of them, there has been a growing sentiment that the mainland as it is today is a problem. It is commonly nicknamed 'the madlands'. There are residents who think it's a lost cause, whilst others are trying to organize to fix it.

Thoughts on how to deal with the mainland and issues of blight are mixed, but it is recognized as a problem. It wouldn't surprise me if a significant number of residents expressed a desire change to the mainland policy, if LL listened. LL were trying to get ordinary residents into buying mainland with Premium Plus, but were not as successful as hoped due to blight concerns dissuading residents from their product.

• Thanks 7

9 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I happen to be in LL's discord so I do see discussions between some of the better connected residents and also often the Lindens themselves.

Whilst I don't claim to speak on behalf of any of them, there has been a growing sentiment that the mainland as it is today is a problem. It is commonly nicknamed 'the madlands'. There are residents who think it's a lost cause, whilst others are trying to organize to fix it.

Thoughts on how to deal with the mainland and issues of blight are mixed, but it is recognized as a problem. It wouldn't surprise me if a significant number of residents expressed a desire change to the mainland policy, if LL listened. LL were trying to get ordinary residents into buying mainland with Premium Plus, but were not as successful as hoped due to blight concerns dissuading residents from their product.

The best way to get people to buy mainland is to sell it the way estate owners sell their land to residents: for $1 L per parcel. Run a bunch of new roads Carve all of mainland into 4096's (or whatever tier size) all of which will be roadfront on the new roads, then sell them first come first served for $1 L per PARCEL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

............... LL were trying to get ordinary residents into buying mainland with Premium Plus, but were not as successful as hoped due to blight concerns dissuading residents from their product.

I think Premium Plus residents have higher expectations than Mainland can offer.

I am not in favor of converting all madlands into Bellisseria without houses. I think the classic Mainland can stay mad.

But LL drag their feet and will not do anything about old, first generation Linden Homes. That land could be changed to Mainland with rules. I have written some about it before. Fixed land plots, adjusted to match tier levels. Pretty roads, good ground textures, public land between the plots. Some rules like no low skyboxes and heigh limits, ban on all 64 m walls.

Group bonus would not work for the new system. This new land could be for Premium Plus.

It is lots of abandoned Mainland too. LL could offer those who own land in between these vast amounts of abandoned land, a deal if they will move. Like some months without tier if they will move to same size land, another location.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

I think Premium Plus residents have higher expectations than Mainland can offer.

I am not in favor of converting all madlands into Bellisseria without houses. I think the classic Mainland can stay mad.

But LL drag their feet and will not do anything about old, first generation Linden Homes. That land could be changed to Mainland with rules. I have written some about it before. Fixed land plots, adjusted to match tier levels. Pretty roads, good ground textures, public land between the plots. Some rules like no low skyboxes and heigh limits, ban on all 64 m walls.

Group bonus would not work for the new system. This new land could be for Premium Plus.

It is lots of abandoned Mainland too. LL could offer those who own land in between these vast amounts of abandoned land, a deal if they will move. Like some months without tier if they will move to same size land, another location.

There is so much they could do to improve mainland, but they would rather put all their effort into endlessly expanding Belissaria.

And I'm sorry if people disagree but Second Life IS mainland, do away with it, and you might as well do away with Second Life. Mainland is the true Second Life world.

Everything else is just doll houses to put your avatars into

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.