You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You are going to have to give us a lot more information before we can help you.

Open the viewer. Do not log in. Click HELP->ABout... and copy that info and paste it into your post or a reply.

Explain what happens when you crash. There are many different types of crashes.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

21 hours ago, rosemary202 said:

well  its crazy  

We are not mind readers and every crash is not the same, thus more info is needed.

Nalates told you how to get the additional info that is needed to possibly help:

23 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You are going to have to give us a lot more information before we can help you.

Open the viewer. Do not log in. Click HELP->ABout... and copy that info and paste it into your post or a reply.

Explain what happens when you crash. There are many different types of crashes.

You either A). have a computer that doesn't want to run the viewer because it isn't up to the default specs, or 2). might have unresolved software dependencies, such as desktop compositing software (though this tends to only happen to Linux users like me), 3). are trying to max out your graphics settings in the viewer Prefs prior to logging in, and should maybe set them lower, or 4). haven't installed the right version for your operating system, OR... 5). any combination of the above. 6). almost never happens these days, but in some parts of the world, you might wish to burn incense near the computer and ring some jingly bells to exorcise the evil spirits that try to keep mortals from using SL.

It doesn't happen for absolutely no reason, and things go wrong all over this planet all the time and it's still not crazy. Okay yeah, it's freakin crazy, but letting it freak you out doesn't make it work.  Nobody here can say, "oh, it isn't working, here let me push this button for you and make it go." We will need information if you want anyone to be able to help you. If the doctor asks where does it hurt and you just keep telling him it huuuuurts, you'll die before anyone can do anything for you, so just don't panic, and know that you can probably make this thing work, just like the rest of us. Put your nerd pants on, and let's deal with it.

What kind of computer are you using? Desktop, laptop? Are you using a hardwired connection, or WiFi? Are you using Windows? What version?

And of course, the standard things I simply must ask as a matter of course.

Is your computer plugged in? Is the monitor on? Have you tried restarting your computer?

I am NOT being ironic! they're important questions! ^o^

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

Same problem for me. I log into second life with my firestorm viewer. I rez at home location and then once I trans port to another location, the program crashes and the BUGSPLAT Comes up. I report the problem but no answer.

I am using Windows 10 on my laptop 64, It has worked great for the past year or more, so I don't know why it is crashing now everytime.

I am also using Google Chrome 

7 hours ago, ttimejim700 said:

Same problem for me. I log into second life with my firestorm viewer. I rez at home location and then once I trans port to another location, the program crashes and the BUGSPLAT Comes up. I report the problem but no answer.

I am using Windows 10 on my laptop 64, It has worked great for the past year or more, so I don't know why it is crashing now everytime.

In order for anyone to be able to start troubleshooting, we need some info from your viewer about your laptop and SL settings.  In the viewer, click HELP-> About...  which opens a window with that information.  Copy/paste that info here.  You can do this by just opening the viewer and not logging in, or if you're able to stay logged in long enough without crashing, you can get the info after logging in.

You mentioned that this just stated happening - is there anything you can think of that may have changed recently either with your laptop or with how you connect to the internet?

You might also want to take a look at Firestorm's troubleshooting help for crashing:  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_run_crash

You still haven't given us enough information.  Open the viewer.  You don't even need to log in.  At the top, Help/About and Firestorm or Second Life or.whichever viewer your using.  Right click, copy to clipboard and.paste your info here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rosemary202 said:

well am on firestorm  and  i tp some were and i  crash  not 20 mins it crash

As was said in the post above yours..

open up the viewer to the log in screen.. look  in the upper left corner for the menus at the top.. Click the Help menu.. In that menu scroll down to About and click About.

In that screen that opens up, look at the bottom where it say's Copy To Clipboard.. Click Copy To Clipboard and then paste that information in your next post.

On 4/11/2023 at 12:15 PM, ttimejim700 said:

Bugsplat is not about getting you help. The engineers track the reports and decide on which is the most pressing problem. AFAIK they only respond directly to a report if they want more information. Plus FS Team is not that big. Do not expect a reply... ever.

There are lots of suggestions here. For specific help, you would need to tell us which you have tried.

The last Windows 10 update to 22H2 triggered something in my system putting it in molasses mode. After 4 days of trying to find the specific problem I gave up and reset Windows. I am now reinstalling all apps. The reset with data and apps saved did not work. So, while this computer has worked amazingly well since I built it with almost no problems, after this last update it was a major problem. Your computer's OS, the viewers, the SL backend, and the Internet are constantly changing. The idea that it worked well yesterday only tells us something changed or broke in the last 24 hours.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.