Easter egg hunt: Earn linden while easter egg hunting?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

That sounds like a good idea! But the Lindens never listen to any cool ideas posted on the forums. 

I know right it would be cool even for new people to join if people have rentals or even sims to collect the eggs it would be nice. 

They do something like this at Halloween in the Bellisseria regions.  Not for Ls, though.  Anytime you add in FREE money, someone will come.along and game the system, ruining it for everyone.   I think they give out prizes (Linden bears?) at Halloween.

• Like 3

There probably isn't time to do it this year. If LL did it next year I'm certain they wouldn't monetize it as in pay per egg or X number of eggs. They would give out something such as bears based on number of eggs collected like with Bellisseria's Halloween trick or treat or possibly a L$ prize to the top three egg collectors 

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

They do something like this at Halloween in the Bellisseria regions.  Not for Ls, though.  Anytime you add in FREE money, someone will come.along and game the system, ruining it for everyone.   I think they give out prizes (Linden bears?) at Halloween.

They did that once as far as I know. Because the hunt was gamed big time with circulating lists where the objects could be found.
People seem to love to beat the system, not only the bot techies.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

They did that once as far as I know. Because the hunt was gamed big time with circulating lists where the objects could be found.

IIRC, they've done it for 2 years.  The trick or treat.  Anyone who found at least one got a bear and limited edition bears for the most candy found.  Something like that.

On 4/2/2023 at 11:10 PM, Sid Nagy said:

It's run for two years. Some people used an exploit the first year and were disqualified. The second year avoided that. The lists weren't a huge deal for the top prizes, because getting in the top ten means finding more buckets than appear on the list. Last year's list was also only for house owners to list their own bucket, especially if they had gifts, an open house, and stuff like that.

There may be issues this year if people do all they've said they will, but a number of us have already said it ought to be tier prizes, so we did try to warn that there might be future problems. Either way, the fact that some people might cheat or break things has not stopped the contest running so far.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.