Need help with neck fix

therealbrownbabee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, i’m trying to get my body skin and head to match but my neck has a weird line separating the two can anyone tell me what i should do. 

I currently have the Legacy body, the VELOUR: Ipanema Body for Legacy – Curvy (Chocolate) skin , and the lelutka evo x briannon head 

The head skin and body skin are both the same tone (chocolate) but by different sellers 

Edited by therealbrownbabee
more info added

As Jennifer said, make sure the head shape/skin you're wearing is the same tone as your body. Different skins by different sellers often don't match well, unless the head shape/skin maker is using the tones from the body skin maker.

What body do you have? If it's a Maitreya there are two setting with two numbers each for neck size that you can also click on to adjust you neck fit, once you have the same two BoM skins. I find it's usually one of the first two that works best.

PS. Right across from the Velour/Ipanema store is a head shape store (Moccinno?) that sells skins for heads with those same skin tones.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

I'm unfamiliar with the Ipanema body, but neck seams were (and to an extent remains) a common issue. It was largely solved by the introduction of the universal neck, an effort to make bodies and heads fit seamlessly together - and whilst many body and head creators use it, not all do. There are also some variations which means you'll have to select the right setting either in the body or the head HUD. Example of the HUD options in the Maitreya menu (Skin/Base tab):

5f0de9b6d0f2a02c28c2574e9e72ef38.png

Furthermore the seam between the meshes of the body and the head is also a seam in the UV maps, which means that minor texture seams may still appear even when using the right skin combinations if the skin creator fails to account for the seam. It's therefor an important point to look at when demoing skins to see that it is to your expectations (just like the 'mould line' that usually runs around the entire body).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, therealbrownbabee said:

Hello everyone, i’m trying to get my body skin and head to match but my neck has a weird line separating the two can anyone tell me what i should do. I have the velour ipanema body and briannon head if that helps

It's important to know the mesh body you are using..

Also, You have two types of body skins in the Iapnema skin pack..One icon looks Like a Red dragon and the other looks like a little human..The one you want to use is the one that has an icon that looks like a little human.. That version will always sit at the bottom of all the layer order, so you won't have to worry about what order it is put on..

Your head skin will be a Red dragon tattoo layer.. That will always sit above the little human layer..

If you are using one of the skins that came with the head, the skin will extend down to the shoulders and the collar bone.. If you use the little human icon skin for the body, it will always sit under a Lelutka head skin.. If both the body and the head are using Red Dragon Tattoo layers for the skins, then the order you put them on will matter.. it will also matter with other tattoos you wear.. So if you use those two together always put the head skin on last.

If you still have problems , it can be the neck size on the body.. this is where it is important to know which body you have..

If it is a Reborn mesh body. Go into your body hud and in the first tab which is called Body, look down at the third selection which is called neck sizes.. you'll see the first option is LEL.. that's for lelutka heads, set it there..

If it is a Maitreya body, Go into your Maitreya body hud, Go to the Skin/base tab click that and at the bottom you will see neck sizes.. Then on the left set of buttons choose Zero.  I went and got the demo of the Briannon head and that fits really tight on the Maitreya body..

If it is the Classic free mesh body..You want to go into your mesh body hud and  go to the top tab, just under the shines you will see a row of dots.. Choose the second dot from the left. That should fit tight on the lelutka neck.

For the Legacy body, It's the same path as the Classic body in the hud, but you want to choose the 3rd dot from the left on the legacy hud..

If it is the LUCYBODy Atenea. you want to go into your body hud, If you are seeing the body in the hud, look for a blue arrow and click that.. the center section of that hud is the neck sizes ..Choose universal neck size, which should be button B..

If it's a Kalhene Erika body. Go to the mesh body hud and at the very top you will see neck sizes which they call neck fix.. Choose the option on the right which will be Lelutka/catwa..

If you are using a Belleza Gen x, If you find a neck size option in their hud, let me know where it is because I can't find one.. hehehehe

If you are still having problems or you have a different body than any of these above, then we'll need to know that information, plus  what head skin you are wearing as well and maybe a picture of a closeup of your neck which will be really helpful..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm curious to know if this was solved for you?  I have recently just come back to SL and decided to give my avie a makeover! I've switched to the Lelutka EVOx Avalon Head, Legacy Petite body and found a Tres Beau skin that I loved. In the instructions for the skin it said that the perfect match was the Velour Sunkiss, which I then purchased, but need to have the Ipenema body for it and as soon as I add it, my head and body don't match and have a cut line! 

https://gyazo.com/e757abae899beb4032e293b1d912871a

On 3/1/2023 at 11:00 AM, Orwar said:

I'm unfamiliar with the Ipanema body, but neck seams were (and to an extent remains) a common issue. It was largely solved by the introduction of the universal neck, an effort to make bodies and heads fit seamlessly together - and whilst many body and head creators use it, not all do. There are also some variations which means you'll have to select the right setting either in the body or the head HUD. Example of the HUD options in the Maitreya menu (Skin/Base tab):

5f0de9b6d0f2a02c28c2574e9e72ef38.png

Furthermore the seam between the meshes of the body and the head is also a seam in the UV maps, which means that minor texture seams may still appear even when using the right skin combinations if the skin creator fails to account for the seam. It's therefor an important point to look at when demoing skins to see that it is to your expectations (just like the 'mould line' that usually runs around the entire body).

Yep, this setting seems to be the most common 'issue' causing neck seams if everything else is present and correct (up to date body/head, same tone skin).

If you're using tattoo layers on both head and body, add the head skin on top of the body skin.  Some head skins include a neck blend which would get covered if the body skin were added 2nd.

IIRC, the velour body skins have classic body and tattoo options.  Use the full body/classic skin instead of the tattoo layer.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.