Lelutka just does NOT fool with Freya, huh?

YaniiMarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seriously, this is so wack. I have Belleza Freya (because I came back RIGHT before Gen X got released) and I've been using a Catwa head. Love it, it's great. Lots of options.

I just snagged this free Lelutka head that came out the other day. Now I wanna test it out with some shapes but it's IMPOSSIBLE to find any. At least not any that let me demo! Anyone in the same boat or is it just me?

(Also if this is the wrong thread for this, lmk. I'll repost elsewhere)

Copy the body sliders from your existing shape, the one you like to use with Freya: Body, Head Size, Torso & Legs, into a notecard. Then wear the Lelutka head on the Freya body, and wear the shape that Lelutka always provides with their heads as a 'recommended' base to start from. Then edit that shape and use the notecard to copy those numbers back into the new shape. Save as a New Shape calling it something like Leltuka+Freya, so you always know what the shape is for.

Edited by KjartanEno
clarifying
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If you've got the patience, making your own shapes is always best. Start with the one you've received with your head, make a few extra copies of it just in case, and use KjartanEno's advice above to set up your overall body appearance. Then, just tinker with the head/face - either fiddling and adjusting as you go, or you can work from photo references if you're after a specific look or style.

It's a good idea to set your EEP/lighting to something without harsh shadows (I use CalWL, but Nam's Optimal Skin is another option), so you can work without issue, then test your face under different lighting conditions every so often.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mesh heads shapes really have nothing to do with mesh body shapes as far as shaping goes..You can throw any body shape under any mesh head..

If you aren't good with the sliders, you find a shape that works for your head.. then you get those numbers from that shape and  move them to the body shape that you like..

Once you get good with the sliders, you won't have to buy shapes anymore and can get more creative with your look.. When you start to see a lot of people kind of looking the same, it's because they are just buying shapes and not breaking out of that cookie cutter mold..

once you get a feel for the sliders, it really does get to be a lot of fun and also exciting when you  get those perfect eyes that make you go oh my I really love that, or lips  that you can't wait to show off.. Or the whole combination of everything just coming together.. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, KjartanEno said:

Copy the body sliders from your existing shape, the one you like to use with Freya: Body, Head Size, Torso & Legs, into a notecard. Then wear the Lelutka head on the Freya body, and wear the shape that Lelutka always provides with their heads as a 'recommended' base to start from. Then edit that shape and use the notecard to copy those numbers back into the new shape. Save as a New Shape calling it something like Leltuka+Freya, so you always know what the shape is for.

I do this except I use the shape included with the SKIN I like then edit from there.  Most of us buy skins because we like the look.   Using the shape included (if the merchant includes one) with the head skin gives you a good base to start from.  IMO.

• Like 7

I don't think this is the wrong forum.

Part of the problem with Freya (despite that it's one of my favourite bodies and I wear it a lot) is that it's outdated, and mostly replaced by Belleza Gen-X and even Reborn. Most cmmercial shape makers are making shapes for the newer heads and bodies. 

That said, it's easier to base your shape on the HEAD, not the BODY.  You don't need to buy a shape made for the same head and body combination you wear, just look for the right head. Then, copy your numbers from your previous Catwa shape (Body, Torso and Legs tabs) to your new Lelutka shape. (You need to make sure the shape you buy is modifyable). Basing your shape on the body instead means that you have many more tabs to copy manually.

I used Catwa for years (Margeaux, then Queen) until I switched last month to Lelutka Inez.  I used the shape included with the head pack as a starting point and adjusted the sliders until I got it looking the way I wanted. Then I make four copies of that shape, one for each body I use, and I copy the body, torso and legs numbers from my four previous Catwa shapes to my four new Lelutka shapes.

When I tested the new Raven head, I made a copy of one of my Inez shapes, renamed it Raven, and started from there. It didn't need much adjustment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks SOOOOO much y’all. I ended up finding a shape shortly after posting lmao but I kept the thread open because I just knew y’all would come through. And it was only 25L so I’m not even hurt. 

I’m still gonna try a lot of what y’all said though. I’d love to be able to customize my shapes and not desperately hunt the market place every time I change up my head or body. 

Again, tysm 🥰

• Like 3

10 hours ago, YaniiMarie said:

I’m still gonna try a lot of what y’all said though. I’d love to be able to customize my shapes and not desperately hunt the market place every time I change up my head or body. 

Shapes are really the easiest thing to modify and create in SL, though it takes some understanding of anatomy and proportions to make a good shape. 

The mechanics of how its done is very easy, just select "Edit Shape" from the menu on your avatar and play around with the sliders. You can move them around to see what effect each one has on your head and body. Different heads respond in different ways and each head has its own limits, so there is no "one size fits all" approach. It's just a matter of experimenting, and if you make a copy of your shape before you start, it doesn't matter if you end up with something you don't like; just delete it and start over (with a new copy). 

If you're not already an artist, it's worth looking at some art tutorials that talk about human anatomy and proportions,both for faces and for overall body shapes.

Common mistakes made in SL are often arms too short, legs too long, head too small.  Unless your avatar is very short, you'll probably need to max out arm length and head size to 100, and even then, if you're very tall (like me) it won't be enough. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.