Of the Holiday 54, Does anyone know which ones are skin makers?

kali Wylder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's a wonderful thing they are doing, Lelutka is giving 2 new heads, one male, one female and they 53 other designers to join the giveaway.  But my problem is I don't have 54 slots available to join all those groups, so I was wondering if anyone knows which ones are the skin makers since those are the ones I want to be sure and join.

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/2022/12/20/the-news-youve-been-waiting-for-from-lelutka/

13 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

It's a wonderful thing they are doing, Lelutka is giving 2 new heads, one male, one female and they 53 other designers to join the giveaway.  But my problem is I don't have 54 slots available to join all those groups, so I was wondering if anyone knows which ones are the skin makers since those are the ones I want to be sure and join.

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/2022/12/20/the-news-youve-been-waiting-for-from-lelutka/

Join the group, get the gift, and then leave the group.  Most of those creators expect the majority of people to do just that.  Then just stay in any that you decide you want to stay in - especially if you know they typically charge for their group.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just a quick heads up from someone who shops too damn much.

STAY IN:

Nuve - normally it's about 300L or so to join, weekly 75L credit, never expires, save that up, shopping spreeeeeeeeeeeee! They have some seriously nice group VIP gifts (check the wall behind reception and around that area for skins, eyebrows, tints, EEPs, etc.). 75L credit kiosk is at reception, resets every Monday.

Heaux - Looks like they give 25L weekly, nice skins in their group gift room - 25L credit is also in there. No idea what the group normally costs, but yay, credit!

Pumec - if you like darker skin tones (usually they include both head and body), tons of free mesh ears and skins on their group wall, group gifts include Genus, Catwa, Lel, and Lel Evo X, group is normally something like 300L to join so it might be worth sticking around for a bit to see if gifts update/rotate at all.

Honorable mention - Jack Spoon has some freaking adorable makeup and gifties inside, so don't miss those while grabbing the holiday freebie.

Oh and Cazimi's holiday lipstick gift is GLITTER FABULOUS and utterly gorgeous. Don't miss that one! Edit: No group needed, either. She made it easy as pie.

Oh, and to quickly answer your question:

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

Off the top of my head - Tres Beau, Not Found, Pumec, Stray Dog, Nonnative, Nuve, DeeTaleZ, Amara Beauty, Moccino, Alt3, Heaux, Velour (body skin), Avarosa (I think?), Bold & Beauty, Clef de Peau, Dernier, Gloom (I think), Ives, Koonz...basically um, lots, lol. Most of them are skins, now that I think about it. Try the Seraphim listing - they have individual gift photos:

https://www.seraphimsl.com/2022/12/20/the-prettiest-sight-to-see-is-the-holiday-special-for-you-and-me/

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

When you go to Jack Spoon and get your gift. Don't forget to check out the gift wall inside the store.. It's one of the best gift walls ever..

Also keep an eye our for the ones that didn't lift their group fee's.

I found a couple of them so far..  They probably just were so busy and  it slipped their minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I swear, there is never a better time to set an alt up or Help a new user out than this time of year.. Just getting them into the groups let alone hitting all the group gift walls, not counting all the amazing gifts they are giving for Christmas..

I'm running my alt through, that I took through the start area a few months back.. I haven't spent anything on this alt other than what she has earned in second life.. I think it's gonna be really interesting to see how far she comes after going to these stores..

I went through there last night with my avatar, But only really hit a couple of the gift walls..  This alt needs everything, So it's gonna be really neat to see  the difference it makes ..:)

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I swear, there is never a better time to set an alt up or Help a new user out than this time of year.. Just getting them into the groups let alone hitting all the group gift walls, not counting all the amazing gifts they are giving for Christmas..

I'm running my alt through, that I took through the start area a few months back.. I haven't spent anything on this alt other than what she has earned in second life.. I think it's gonna be really interesting to see how far she comes after going to these stores..

I went through there last night with my avatar, But only really hit a couple of the gift walls..  This alt needs everything, So it's gonna be really neat to see  the difference it makes ..:)

I just recently did this! A really nice person contacted me inworld for help with her avatar around Black Friday, wanting to upgrade from system to mesh, and I said girrrrrrrrrrrrrl you picked the BEST TIME LESSGO, LMAO. We caught the very tail end of the Black Friday stuff, so ultimately she did wind up buying a head, but at 50% off, so no biggie. Got a body, too.

Then it was bam bam bam bam Faga's gone nuts so here's 16 free hairstyles over here cheap weekend skins over there join this for free shoes let's get you into this group and this and hit that up and over there. Then the advents started. Then this event started and I sent the Seraphim link like GO GO GO ANOTHER HEAD SKINS MAKEUP lmaoooo. Ran that poor girl all over the grid for DAYS but she looks SO CUTE now! I just wish I had some guys to make over, because it's SO RARE for them to get freebs, too. Especially on the skins front. I should go look for newbies in skin stores before the event is over, lol.

I haven't even started working on my alt, yet. I still have to run her through a few stores at Shop & Hop for the gift cards and then take her through the Lel stuff. OOF...SO MUCH TO DO.

tumblr_myakqxwOmX1ss73zlo1_400.gif

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I just recently did this! A really nice person contacted me inworld for help with her avatar around Black Friday, wanting to upgrade from system to mesh, and I said girrrrrrrrrrrrrl you picked the BEST TIME LESSGO, LMAO. We caught the very tail end of the Black Friday stuff, so ultimately she did wind up buying a head, but at 50% off, so no biggie. Got a body, too.

Then it was bam bam bam bam Faga's gone nuts so here's 16 free hairstyles over here cheap weekend skins over there join this for free shoes let's get you into this group and this and hit that up and over there. Then the advents started. Then this event started and I sent the Seraphim link like GO GO GO ANOTHER HEAD SKINS MAKEUP lmaoooo. Ran that poor girl all over the grid for DAYS but she looks SO CUTE now! I just wish I had some guys to make over, because it's SO RARE for them to get freebs, too. Especially on the skins front. I should go look for newbies in skin stores before the event is over, lol.

I haven't even started working on my alt, yet. I still have to run her through a few stores at Shop & Hop for the gift cards and then take her through the Lel stuff. OOF...SO MUCH TO DO.

I just came out of ADE and  I almost left without looking at their gift wall upstairs.. They have some really nice hairs up there and quite a few also.. plus they have that  one where if you are 90days old or younger, you can get it without even joining the group..

I have a good notecard going on this run of the gift walls..

Also The LucyBody group popped when I was  trying out the head earlier.. I jumped in there because there are a lot of new users getting the body..Some were saying they couldn't get in.. I was just giving them different tricks to get in and  how to make things rez faster..  Honestly, I think when so many avatars linger on the landing point, it has some sort of impact on getting in a sim.. Because as soon as I moved my landing point  to an area that I knew was clear, My non premium accounts were getting in after a couple to a few tries..

That was before they added the other three sims..so once I switched to moving my landing point, I got the other 3 heads in like 15 minutes.. that's counting  log out log in the next one and so on.. hehehe

Anyways, I'm enjoying it so much more with an alt that has nothing.. With Ceka, I really only grabbed  some things that she can use.. with her it was more of a see what's there thing than a get stuff thing.. hehehe

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just came out of ADE and  I almost left without looking at their gift wall upstairs.. They have some really nice hairs up there and quite a few also.. plus they have that  one where if you are 90days old or younger, you can get it without even joining the group..

I have a good notecard going on this run of the gift walls..

Also The LucyBody group popped when I was  trying out the head earlier.. I jumped in there because there are a lot of new users getting the body..Some were saying they couldn't get in.. I was just giving them different tricks to get in and  how to make things rez faster..  Honestly, I think when so many avatars linger on the landing point, it has some sort of impact on getting in a sim.. Because as soon as I moved my landing point  to an area that I knew was clear, My non premium accounts were getting in after a couple to a few tries..

That was before they added the other three sims..so once I switched to moving my landing point, I got the other 3 heads in like 15 minutes.. that's counting  log out log in the next one and so on.. hehehe

Anyways, I'm enjoying it so much more with an alt that has nothing.. With Ceka, I really only grabbed  some things that she can use.. with her it was more of a see what's there thing than a get stuff thing.. hehehe

My neglected alt is in Lucybody. Initially, I was trying to decide whether or not I wanted to get her a higher-end body to run around with, though I never use her for much except for transferring her stipend and any MP sale money lol. But you never know when you might want to swap to an alt for a few weeks just for a rest - she's got like nobody on friends, more available group slots, and an entirely different style overall (she's punky), so I try to keep her somewhat up to date with all the latest gifts and freebies in case I want to use her for a bit. So I thought okay, maybe I'll toss her into Freya or Maitreya while they're on sale - but then Lucybody updated with the Maitreya compatible feet for boots and fixed the neck area and...honestly? I kinda love it! She fits everything Aya does - maybe with a tad bit more alpha magic, but hey. Clothes hair heads nails rings shoes - no problem! 

So I just need to run her Lucybody butt all around the grid to get her some more things while groups are free. And keep her in them! She's about 95% dressed in group gifts, free credit hauls, event gifts, and weekend sale items at any given time. I paid full price for her main hairstyle, but that's about it.

Oh and thanks for the tip about ADE! I forgot to check so many group walls/rooms. I was just rushing through before sims started to get packed (I still haven't managed to get into Doux, Avi-Glam, or The Skinnery). I'll double back around in a few days when everything's settled down a bit to see what I've missed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

My neglected alt is in Lucybody. Initially, I was trying to decide whether or not I wanted to get her a higher-end body to run around with, though I never use her for much except for transferring her stipend and any MP sale money lol. But you never know when you might want to swap to an alt for a few weeks just for a rest - she's got like nobody on friends, more available group slots, and an entirely different style overall (she's punky), so I try to keep her somewhat up to date with all the latest gifts and freebies in case I want to use her for a bit. So I thought okay, maybe I'll toss her into Freya or Maitreya while they're on sale - but then Lucybody updated with the Maitreya compatible feet for boots and fixed the neck area and...honestly? I kinda love it! She fits everything Aya does - maybe with a tad bit more alpha magic, but hey. Clothes hair heads nails rings shoes - no problem! 

So I just need to run her Lucybody butt all around the grid to get her some more things while groups are free. And keep her in them! She's about 95% dressed in group gifts, free credit hauls, event gifts, and weekend sale items at any given time. I paid full price for her main hairstyle, but that's about it.

Oh and thanks for the tip about ADE! I forgot to check so many group walls/rooms. I was just rushing through before sims started to get packed (I still haven't managed to get into Doux, Avi-Glam, or The Skinnery). I'll double back around in a few days when everything's settled down a bit to see what I've missed.

That's all I'm doing with this one is keeping her in the Lucybody.. I kind of like how shorts and things fit her.. like jean shorts are kind of loose in the front, kind of like mine are in rl most of the time, because I hate tight waist in jean shorts.. It's a good freebie body, but also just a good body in general as well..

Also, Scandalize has their advent calandar going.. lots of nice outfits there that are for a lot of the bodies.. I've been doing Yasum advent again also but haven't really unpacked theirs yet.. It's usually like a theme that all go together by the time it's all finished.. I did the first item for this years and it was a hookah, so it'll be interesting to see what the theme is this year.. hehehe

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's all I'm doing with this one is keeping her in the Lucybody.. I kind of like how shorts and things fit her.. like jean shorts are kind of loose in the front, kind of like mine are in rl most of the time, because I hate tight waist in jean shorts.. It's a good freebie body, but also just a good body in general as well..

Also, Scandalize has their advent calandar going.. lots of nice outfits there that are for a lot of the bodies.. I've been doing Yasum advent again also but haven't really unpacked theirs yet.. It's usually like a theme that all go together by the time it's all finished.. I did the first item for this years and it was a hookah, so it'll be interesting to see what the theme is this year.. hehehe

Omg, right? I actually really love the lower body on Lucy. I made her slender with an hourglass curve, and it looks a lot more natural than when I do that on Maitreya. Sometimes, I put her into jeans and I'm like girl, dat booty tho! 😄 I also have Lucybody on Aya, but I'd feel like such a dork if I took her out of Maitreya and put her into that one, LOL.

I grabbed some stuff at Scandalize the other day! I couldn't figure out how that sim worked, though. Is it new gifts daily orrrr, you just have the entire month to pick stuff up? I'm missing days 12-15ish - they're hiding! But I have everything else up to 21.

Oh and speaking of grabbing things, make sure you slap everything on the free wall at Pumec. And Nuve! The skin tones are so pretty and they're two of the few places left that aren't 100% on the "go get your body at Velour" train. I hate to say it, but almost all of the Lelutka event skin gifts are unusable for me due to that.

• Like 1

I just went to Avi-Glam..  OMG!! I never knew they made such HAWT skins for men..  I may have to take my husbands old avatar through here.. lol   I probably won't , but  just can't get over how hawt the skins are in the entry way.. I didn't even really ever line them up as a skin maker.. I always came for the eyes.. hehehe

I'll have to bring Ceka back here to have a look at skins for her.. The gift ones look really nice for both male and female.

ETA: I'm gonna stop posting for every gift wall, because so far they have all been pretty amazing .. I'm just gonna say Everyone, make sure you check out all the gift walls or you'll really be missing out on some amazing things in all these amazing stores that have been so kind  to do this for us.. It's really been such a pleasant experience and enjoyable collaborative event. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's great, isn't it? I'm refurbishing my original av who retired before mesh became a thing.  She needs everything too.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just went to Avi-Glam..  OMG!! I never knew they made such HAWT skins for men..  I may have to take my husbands old avatar through here.. lol   I probably won't , but  just can't get over how hawt the skins are in the entry way.. I didn't even really ever line them up as a skin maker.. I always came for the eyes.. hehehe

Yeah, I didn't know that either. I just went to peek but...but...Velour. A few match Not Found. Nothing for my favorite (Stray Dog).

Shame, the faces are super cute and a few of the models are wearing Ford (yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum). 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

It's great, isn't it? I'm refurbishing my original av who retired before mesh became a thing.  She needs everything too.  

Mine has been sitting like this for months with like, right out of the starter avatar area freebies..

52577944882_684241a0d8_h.jpg

This is where I'm at at the moment..  All I've done to her so far is Changed the shape and skin and put some different lashes and then the hair from ADE gift wall..

I have to say, This head really moves well with different lightnings.. Some heads  there are longer lines, but this one has more detail and curves and comes to life more..

It feels like every little bump and curve gets picked up.. I think they really did some really nice work on this head.. I'm really loving how it moves with the shadows and light..

I can tell a difference from my lilly and this one when it comes to how Lilly moves in it..

52578457711_91c0425f89_h.jpg

AFTER2 (2)

• Like 4

Some of my alts have some of the freebie bodies, but many are still system avs.  I don't spend money on my alts because they are not allowed to log in and do anything except the specific purposes for what I created them for -- and none of those purposes involves them carousing around the grid.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Fwiw, for female avis, I've found that Amara Beauty's free body skins match quite well with a lot of skin brands, at least the ones that have the universal neck like Glam Affair. I also tried IVE's gift skin for the event, and it made a perfect match.    If you're at Amara to pick up their event gift, go ahead and grab the body skins there and play around with the other store skins. 

I'm not a fan at all of Velour's Ipanema skins because I absolutely DESPISE shiny skins. They just look greasy, but apparently the greasy look is back in style (remember the old days with body oil? LOL).  I was also surprised that Velour only did skins for Legacy and Reborn for their 6 pack abs gift.   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Fwiw, for female avis, I've found that Amara Beauty's free body skins match quite well with a lot of skin brands, at least the ones that have the universal neck like Glam Affair. I also tried IVE's gift skin for the event, and it made a perfect match.    If you're at Amara to pick up their event gift, go ahead and grab the body skins there and play around with the other store skins. 

I'm not a fan at all of Velour's Ipanema skins because I absolutely DESPISE shiny skins. They just look greasy, but apparently the greasy look is back in style (remember the old days with body oil? LOL).  I was also surprised that Velour only did skins for Legacy and Reborn for their 6 pack abs gift.   

I totally agree. I'm currently using a free body skin from Amara Beauty mixed with either one of their head skins discounted for Happy Weekend or Stella from Glam Affair. Testing a bit some of the gifts I've collected from Lelutka & friends, I came to the same conclusion as you. I really like Ives' skin on the new Raven head.

As for Velour, I think their Venus body skin is way better because... it doesn't shine bright like a diamond 😁

Here's a picture with the Rae head skin from Ives (Valley tone), the free body skin from Amara Beauty (tone 20) and lipstick from Glam Affair (available in the folder of their gifted skin). Raw shot. Raven shape from Lelutka.

Raven_IvesHeadSkin_AmaraBodySkin_001.png

Edited by EmmaAsht0n
Picture and description added
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Let me ask you something about FAGA.. Did they kick you from the group? I logged on today and say's I was ejected from the group.. now there is some subscriber group and somehow I'm on that now rather than just in the group.. I unsubscribed, because I never subscribed..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Let me ask you something about FAGA.. Did they kick you from the group? I logged on today and say's I was ejected from the group.. now there is some subscriber group and somehow I'm on that now rather than just in the group.. I unsubscribed, because I never subscribed..

They sent a group notice that they were doing away with the group and replacing it with a subscriber system.  They requested group members come to the store and sign up for the subscriber.  Maybe, since group notices often do not get delivered, they decided to just manually add all group members to the subscriber thingy.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They have some cute hair but it's way too high in triangles compared to other similar hair.  It's too bad since they have a couple braided styles I have and love.

• Like 1

My male alt just got a major glow up with the Quinn. My female one got a lot of new clothes over Halloween--I was sick of looking at the same makeup and outfits every time I needed to log her in, so I took her to Shop & Hop and decided it was time for her goth phase. She's on Sweet's Ruth and had the Genus Strong, but I just got her the Raven and am still working on what I want the shape to be like.

• Like 1

yes they kicked me out too

i got a reply from the fagahair avatar when i asked about it

they supposedly sent 3 group notices (mine are so sporadic, i certainly never saw those and once i got kicked, it was too late to see them)

fagahair said the group wasn't working for them and they thought the (free) subscriber would be better for being in touch with their customers

i did subscribe, not sure if i'll continue...

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Did they kick everyone out? LMAO I didn't even notice. I have been knee deep in makeovers! Quinn is looking SO DANG CUTE AHHHHHMG.

I have 0 groups free, so I must've rejoined something new since they yeeted us all. Shows how much I pay attention!

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.