Linden Homes, knocking on door when ever anyone clicks on a wall/floor/door etc

Kesslan Saramago

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

36 minutes ago, Kesslan Saramago said:

How the heck do you turn it off? I've looked through the whole control panel and I haven't been able to find any way to turn off the door knocking on click and it's really annoying because any miss click when trying to click on furniture or the like just causes the door knocking sound to go off.

It happens when people don't have permission to control the doors and windows. Add them to the access list and they can operate the doors/windows and the knocking will go away. It's in the control panel under "doors" I believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

It happens when people don't have permission to control the doors and windows. Add them to the access list and they can operate the doors/windows and the knocking will go away. It's in the control panel under "doors" I believe.

So there's no way to just turn off the knocking sound? That's pretty dumb.

17 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

TIL! I did not know about a "knocking sound" with the Linden Homes.

You give people the ability to control the home without knocking noises by adding them to the List in the "Access" menu, not in the "Door" menu.  Which brings up something I've never bothered to try: if you set access to "Everyone", I would think that the house would never make the knocking sound, no matter who touches it.  Is that true?

[When access is set to Everyone, anyone can control the doors and windows, but only the owner can control the rest of the home menu (redecorate, etc.).]

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

You give people the ability to control the home without knocking noises by adding them to the List in the "Access" menu, not in the "Door" menu.  Which brings up something I've never bothered to try: if you set access to "Everyone", I would think that the house would never make the knocking sound, no matter who touches it.  Is that true?

[When access is set to Everyone, anyone can control the doors and windows, but only the owner can control the rest of the home menu (redecorate, etc.).]

This is correct.  All of my houses are public access.  No knocking sounds for anyone clicking anything.

• Like 1

I just tested this with an alt, and can confirm that the knocking sound only occurs when clicking a door, and it is quite loud. There might be a sound on the window too but if there is, it's so faint I can barely hear it. No sound at all when clicking on walls, floor or any other part of house.

If your experince is different from that above, you maybe need to raise a support ticket because your house is bugged (I had somethng similar happen with a houseboat once, when it was doing strange things and giving ne error messages every time I clicked on a wall or floor).

I agree that giving access to everyone just to stop the sound is not a great solution. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.