Who are your favourite POSE creators, and why?

BenRoyal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just looking for some suggestions for the ebst static pose creators (for taking interesting photos), and why you think they are good?

(Mods.  If this post should be in another forum category, apologies and please move it)

Edited by BenRoyal
update for clarity

Myself, because I'm 1.3 meters tall, and can make things that don't sink me into the ground like every other pose or animation I ever bought.

As for stuff I bought, most of what I really liked came from Zambooki, but they're all kid poses. As far as actual full-on animations go, some of the best I ever bought were from Tuty. They have a huge array of stuff, and you can try it all out in their store.

Tuty's can be a bit expensive if you're putting a whole AO together, but if you're not making your own, they're a really good vendor, IMO.

I stubbornly make all of my own stuff now, and I still use Tuty's animations in two of my three AO sets. I still consider them a good investment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For poses (static) I use STUN. They fit my body well. I think the creator has a similar shape to me. Arms resting on hips are almost always a 100% fit. Or as close to 100% as SL gets.

I do not know if you want male static poses, animated AO poses, action poses or couple poses?

STUN has many female AO breathing poses, but I prefer Sweet Lovely Cute. Despite that overly girly name, they have good male AO's as well. And a huge selection of themed AO's.

They have a section of other poses, mainly couple poses or friend poses, but I haven't really looked into that side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

For poses (static) I use STUN. They fit my body well. I think the creator has a similar shape to me. Arms resting on hips are almost always a 100% fit. Or as close to 100% as SL gets.

I do not know if you want male static poses, animated AO poses, action poses or couple poses?

STUN has many female AO breathing poses, but I prefer Sweet Lovely Cute. Despite that overly girly name, they have good male AO's as well. And a huge selection of themed AO's.

They have a section of other poses, mainly couple poses or friend poses, but I haven't really looked into that side.

Ahh. yep.. i wasn't clear.. So updated my question.  I was asking about static pose creators for taking interesting photos.  i will check out your suggestions :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Maybe this is a little off topic, but since we've brought up poses...

What is with these new "breathing poses?" Are they supposed to be used in your AO? What's the difference between an animation and a breathing pose? Why prefer one over the other?

I use them instead of a stand animation.  They are nice especially in very busy places where some stand animations have you wandering into others.  They are a step above totally static stand poses that many people use.  Many times, normal stand animations will interfere with clothing so a mostly static stand is preferred.  I have several that are breathing stands with slight movement of head and hands.  It beats standing like a complete statue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I mostly buy basic pose sets (some stands, some leans, some sits, some laying, etc.) and customize/edit them from there. I used to make my own from scratch (pre-bento days), but I never bothered grabbing software that supports bento when I came back to SL. Easier for me to just use Black Dragon since I don't have to pose additional models.

My collection mostly consists of Synnergy, Foxcity, Kokoro, Nantra, Stun, Rose & Thorn (mostly couples, some single sets), and SAPA. Most of those stores have a wide range of poses for singles, couples, groups, etc.

Another trick I use - raid your existing furniture. I have a whole folder for stuff I've yoinked out of my sofas/chairs/couches/pillows/etc. If you're using Black Dragon, you can get around the "but they're animated!" by using the built-in poser to freeze yourself (and customize, if needed).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, When I'm looking for poses for  pictures I'm gonna take, I just try and get close to what I have in mind. Because they can get costly and take a lot of time to find and really never are exactly what I have pictured for my shots in my mind.

Instead of spending a lot of money and time getting poses, I go to the Market Place and just  go to animations section, then pose animations section from the left menu options, wait for those to load and set.. Then set my Sort by search to, Low to Highest price, then let that load and set.

Then when those are set, I go to the left menu under price  and set the price to, 1$L to 500$L and click the refine search button..

Then search for poses that are close to what I have in my mind for my shots.. A lot of the really good creators have a lot of low price poses or gift poses, so you can always jump off and check their store out as well..

Anyways, I'm going to be adjusting my poses in Black Dragons Poser anyways to get everythign set where I want it for the shot I have in my mind..

That or if I'm not in Black Dragon and in like Firestorm or another viewer,  I'll use one of these for adjusting my body poses.. Animare Pose & Animation System or Avimote pose maker or  AnyPose Animator HUD..

I would demo one of those to make sure what one works best for someone..

Then for the facial expressions, I'll use Lelutkas Axis hud and for the hands and fingers use, FATE Hand Poser HUD.

Those the above tools are good for people that can't run black dragon or just don't feel like running it.. I sometimes just like staying in Firestorm for my pics depending on if it's a big setup or just a quicky.

I'm really all over the board with who I buy from..  It's more of an, in the moment in my mind thing for me..Because with static poses, I'm  the one that is gonna be setting the quality of the pose..So it really doesn't matter how good the starting point is , as long as it's close, where movement animations like dances and other things, it would matter more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I mostly buy basic pose sets (some stands, some leans, some sits, some laying, etc.) and customize/edit them from there. I used to make my own from scratch (pre-bento days), but I never bothered grabbing software that supports bento when I came back to SL. Easier for me to just use Black Dragon since I don't have to pose additional models.

My collection mostly consists of Synnergy, Foxcity, Kokoro, Nantra, Stun, Rose & Thorn (mostly couples, some single sets), and SAPA. Most of those stores have a wide range of poses for singles, couples, groups, etc.

Another trick I use - raid your existing furniture. I have a whole folder for stuff I've yoinked out of my sofas/chairs/couches/pillows/etc. If you're using Black Dragon, you can get around the "but they're animated!" by using the built-in poser to freeze yourself (and customize, if needed).

Furniture can be a good place to find facial animated expressions also, for setting up an animated expression hud.. :)

Some will just have face animations in there  rather than have them as part of a full animation.. Those are the ones I'm always hunting for.

Some are really goofy looking expressions, but some of them  can work well with many dances from slow, medium to energetic. I'm always on the lookout for  things where we can nab up animated face animations.. It's another hud to wear for that, but if I'm dancing I am gonna take off a lot of the clutter I usually have on when I'm not dancing.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Furniture can be good facial animated expressions for setting up an animated expression hud.. Some are really goofy looking expressions, but some of them  can work well with many dances from slow, medium to energetic. I'm always on the lookout for  things where we can nab up animated face animations.. It's another hud to where for that, but if I'm dancing I am gonna take off a lot of the clutter I usually have on when I'm not dancing.. hehehe

That's true! For facial expressions, I tend to use my own head HUD, the Happy Dispatch facial expression HUD (can adjust eye/mouth expression intensity and it makes for some hilarious expressions), or if I'm trying to be really specific, I just manually create those in Black Dragon's poser, too. That's a bit harder as BD lets you adjust absolutely every inch of yourself (and it's not pretty when you over-rotate the middle of your upper eyelid, yeeesh), but it's amazing if you just can't find what you're looking for anywhere else.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's true! For facial expressions, I tend to use my own head HUD, the Happy Dispatch facial expression HUD (can adjust eye/mouth expression intensity and it makes for some hilarious expressions), or if I'm trying to be really specific, I just manually create those in Black Dragon's poser, too. That's a bit harder as BD lets you adjust absolutely every inch of yourself (and it's not pretty when you over-rotate the middle of your upper eyelid, yeeesh), but it's amazing if you just can't find what you're looking for anywhere else.

I'll have to look into that one.. I've been using a hud that Dutchie has that you can get.. I got it back before the genus heads had animations for the face.. It's a hud that is already set up to where you can just drop any animations in there.. I was ripping my hair out trying to get the face to do something on my Genus.. Then just went and got it.. The bad thing was those animations back then wereso short and would just end..  The ones i use now loop until I want to change them..   It's a little button size hud and uses a blue dropdown and already setup for really any animations you want to put in there.. I just use it for my face..  I wanted something that wasn't combined with an AO..

I'm gonna look into that one you are talking about though.. I'm always on the look out for things like that too. Thank you :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'll have to look into that one.. I've been using a hud that Dutchie has that you can get.. I got it back before the genus heads had animations for the face.. It's a hud that is already set up to where you can just drop any animations in there.. I was ripping my hair out trying to get the face to do something on my Genus.. Then just went and got it.. The bad thing was those animations back then wereso short and would just end..  The ones i use now loop until I want to change them..   It's a little button size hud and uses a blue dropdown and already setup for really any animations you want to put in there.. I just use it for my face..  I wanted something that wasn't combined with an AO..

I'm gonna look into that one you are talking about though.. I'm always on the look out for things like that too. Thank you :)

Here ya go! Yes, it's silly, but I only bust it out when I'm doing something silly, so it works for me, LOL. I'm not sure if it's been updated since or what. Maybe look up the store inworld (assuming it's still there - I bought this ages ago!) and see what's currently available. I seem to remember it having addons, too, that you could add to it for additional AOs and options.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HD-bento-Facial-expression-HUD-BENTO-poseao/11027732

Here's a video of it in action. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.