Clothes for a male hot dog/fast food vendor?

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So which is it? A male hot dog, or a fast food vendor? Wait, I don't think I've ever seen a female hot dog, either! You're confusing me! XD

I don't have any uniform stuff, but if I can finish my disposable paper hat project, i'll at least send you the hat. The hat is a key piece of the outfit, IMO. Might find some on the MP too, tho Iunno how much they cost or anything. I know there's at least one vendor who sells a hot dog cart, too.

If I stumble across anything, I'll post it here for you.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 1:40 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

Hello, I'm just looking for apparel suggestions for a male hot dog or fast food vendor (like the ones you see operating food stands at big cities like Chicago or New York.) Thanks. I'll make sure entertain any responses to this topic as much as I can!

Not from the US. What do these people look like, exactly? You might want to look at Meli Imako's store on the marketplace for uniforms, if that is what they wear, she sells full perm stuff with textures, maybe you could colour something similar to your own specifications.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think you just need an apron, and a hat.

Possibly a "paper chef's hat" or "soda jerk hat".

The soda jerk hat is the one I'm making. It's a real pain in the wrong end, too. XD

Hats are so not easy to make right.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Not from the US. What do these people look like, exactly? 

I'm from the US. NY in fact. They don't wear anything special here in the city, so I'm not sure either.

Jeans, tees, hoodies, polos, khakis - just regular casual clothing. Hats/coats in winter. Maybe branded with a business logo, maybe an apron and gloves, maybe not.

fe31ddbf24c182508ab1ca27f939451667-13-fo

9d318e4d10072a43bb13fb598cce196271-hot-d

e3d1d533d09f9d82c1bf9101a954338003-hot-d

merlin_29631256_ead2d14f-df21-4292-ab40-

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

So which is it? A male hot dog, or a fast food vendor? Wait, I don't think I've ever seen a female hot dog, either! You're confusing me! XD

I don't have any uniform stuff, but if I can finish my disposable paper hat project, i'll at least send you the hat. The hat is a key piece of the outfit, IMO. Might find some on the MP too, tho Iunno how much they cost or anything. I know there's at least one vendor who sells a hot dog cart, too.

If I stumble across anything, I'll post it here for you.

I'd like to say thanks for your help. Yes, I'm looking for a good soda jerker hat, as @Love Zhaoyingsaid. I found one in the MP but it was a gacha and maybe it's a bit too...colorful for one? I'll post a pic of my hot dog vendor avatar if I can.

8 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Not from the US. What do these people look like, exactly? You might want to look at Meli Imako's store on the marketplace for uniforms, if that is what they wear, she sells full perm stuff with textures, maybe you could colour something similar to your own specifications.

HotDogVendor21November2022_Small.png.910b4797272b117a9c18c4a08d1fef6b.png

He's wearing the aforementioned "Soda Jerker" hat.

9 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'd like to say thanks for your help. Yes, I'm looking for a good soda jerker hat, as @Love Zhaoyingsaid. I found one in the MP but it was a gacha and maybe it's a bit too...colorful for one? I'll post a pic of my hot dog vendor avatar if I can.

Some US "fast food" jobs used to use cloth / mesh hats that were similar. (I had that kind of job when I was young.)  I could not find easily the name for the "style" of hat. The style is also similar to what some old military wore (Google found "WW2 military officer hat", for example.)  So if you could find "any hat" in the right shape that was tintable, maybe that could work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing that in the city, but yeah. That's pretty old school. Now they just rock Yankees ball caps. 😂

At least it isn't a "hair net"! (Which is an option, of course. Anything to help keep the "nits" and dandruff out of the food.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

At least it isn't a "hair net"! (Which is an option, of course. Anything to help keep the "nits" and dandruff out of the food.)

Can't recall seeing those ever, either. Those do get worn in some restaurants and cafeterias n things. But street vendors are pretty...lax. You're not even guaranteed to see gloves.

• Like 2

In my town we have Lucky Dogs. The joke is youre lucky if you can survive eating one. Nobody wears the hat or apron, and you can take a cart out by leaving your ID at the office as collateral. Pretty much anyone can push the cart, but the ones who make a real living know how to actually sell the dogs.

When I was homeless, they gave me cups of chili and stuff that wasnt counted when they brought the carts back. Usually nice people.

And yeah, the pic up there is totally a standard hot dog guy from any town that isn't as lax as mine. All they do is the gloves. Or a plasic bag if they run out of gloves. Or just the tongs if they're out of bags. If they drop the tongs, I guess you just have to look the other way while they make your hot dog.

You can usually either buy a bag of pot from them or sell them one, also.

• Like 1

Modern streetside hot dog vendors in NYC don't wear any sort of uniforms. If you're thinking of the old school style at baseball games like this: e2510b441b05d3906aff5084f8723a54.jpg

You can try cobbling together a shirt, vest, or apron using full perm kits from Meli Imako or GeorgeVerde.

You can also check out Bare Rose; they might have something.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Modern streetside hot dog vendors in NYC don't wear any sort of uniforms. If you're thinking of the old school style at baseball games like this: e2510b441b05d3906aff5084f8723a54.jpg

You can try cobbling together a shirt, vest, or apron using full perm kits from Meli Imako or GeorgeVerde.

You can also check out Bare Rose; they might have something.

I kept thinking a "striped shirt", you nailed it!

At an indoor shopping mall when I was younger, they had a hot dog place where the workers wore one of the old-style uniforms like this.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Mall, not Ball
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.