You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, 

I'm very interested by space and would like to use my Spaceship, not role playing especially, mainly wandering around stars and planets...All suggestion for interesting sims where i could go and use my vaissel would be helpful and welcome :)

thanks in advance for your leads

Gae

There aren't any vast expanses of space in which to travel in Second Life. There have been several regions that created a space environment, and most were a lot of fun to visit, but I'm not aware of any that are active at present.

The problem with space travel in SL is the size of the available space. Regions are just 256x256 meters, and 4096 meters in the vertical direction. That's not a lot of...um, space.

It might be cool if LL would take a large block of contiguous regions, like the Blake Sea area, and create an outer space area!

The other way to simulate space travel is to design it into your spaceship. The ship doesn't actually move, but the scenery outside the windows does. I believe there are some builds that use this method.

But for a much more authentic space travel experience, you should look beyond SL at space sim games, like Elite Dangerous or Kerbal Space Program.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There aren't any vast expanses of space in which to travel in Second Life. There have been several regions that created a space environment, and most were a lot of fun to visit, but I'm not aware of any that are active at present.

The problem with space travel in SL is the size of the available space. Regions are just 256x256 meters, and 4096 meters in the vertical direction. That's not a lot of...um, space.

It might be cool if LL would take a large block of contiguous regions, like the Blake Sea area, and create an outer space area!

The other way to simulate space travel is to design it into your spaceship. The ship doesn't actually move, but the scenery outside the windows does. I believe there are some builds that use this method.

But for a much more authentic space travel experience, you should look beyond SL at space sim games, like Elite Dangerous or Kerbal Space Program.

Now that there's EEP, some "space" things are possible that weren't before. In the sky, I mean of course. 

around sl17b I remember seeing a treky type group. maybe they have locations. I could not find any other in my feed than this one. The group looked neat, should have taken more photos. maybe will help trigger someones memory. the role playing people might know. 

Annotation 2022-11-13 105641.png

you could always fly your ship over bellisseria its a free fly area you're bound to find a lot of interesting things up in the sky there lol. Be cautious people own those objects and live around but over I think it's 300 meters there's no security orbs allowed if you want to fly around 1000s of regions, if you get hit with a security orb up in space there file AR :)

On the map you'll notice a lot of airstrips,

there's one at the bellisseria fairgrounds here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Costner Bay/41/173/76

there's one here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Coral Waters/94/145/76

here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Buffalo Springs/146/72/76

pretty sure this is new one being built by the moles currently under construction: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPShell Yeah/51/178/76

Maybe above 4000 meters the moles could add cool stars and plants maybe over water where prim usage is minimal. I saw a space elevator near some of the old world area. Maybe something like that with space port in bellisseria would be fun. I'd dress up in uniform or be an alien lol. Spacebar lol. 

Edited by Paulsian

13 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

you could always fly your ship over bellisseria its a free fly area you're bound to find a lot of interesting things up in the sky there lol. Be cautious people own those objects and live around but over I think it's 300 meters there's no security orbs allowed if you want to fly around 1000s of regions

This is actually a good suggestion! I wish I'd thought of it. If you use your Environment editor to turn on the night, it might be quite space-like.

18 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

This is actually a good suggestion! I wish I'd thought of it. If you use your Environment editor to turn on the night, it might be quite space-like.

ty :) I had to go back and edit that in, I think when I was searcing for the starship group in my feed something clicked in my brainpower. That's pretty good idea about changing the environmental settings, I bet there's a bunch of different custom ones on the marketplace to change how stars look maybe with planets too. Search marketplace for space eep or space environment has a lot more unsure how they work above so many meters or how to set that up, I would guess they come with instructions and ability to message creator for tips if problems. BUT the people selling the space environments, if they have inworld stores it will show on marketplace, give them a visit maybe they will be in space and offer places to boldly explore. 

This place is neat for space resources. They might have groups. 

Highly recommend taking the rocket pod up to the space station and trying those spacecraft demos, they are little expensive, so well built but deff on my radar when I need a craft to explore. 

The rocket pod is fun and so cool.

I discovered this creator by exploring bellisseria, someone had an epic looking craft parked and tracked down the seller, it's pretty rare for something to interest me like that. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Procyon/222/5/23

Annotation 2022-11-13 120143.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paulsian said:

you could always fly your ship over bellisseria its a free fly area you're bound to find a lot of interesting things up in the sky there lol. Be cautious people own those objects and live around but over I think it's 300 meters there's no security orbs allowed if you want to fly around 1000s of regions, if you get hit with a security orb up in space there file AR :)

Security orbs are allowed in Bellisseria, but with some restrictions: 
     -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
     -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
     -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are allowed)
     -Does not add names of ejected persons to the parcel ban list automatically

Security orbs that don't comply with the restrictions can be AR'd, but security orbs under 400m or over 2000m which comply with the other restrictions are OK. 

Skyboxes or other platforms/structures in the sky in Bellisseria regions are supposed to be over 2000m, so the air space between 400m and 2000m should be open for flying without running into skyboxes or platforms, and without running into security orbs, as long as the parcel owner is following the covenant rules regarding sky structures and security orbs. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Security orbs are allowed in Bellisseria, but with some restrictions: 
     -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
     -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
     -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are allowed)
     -Does not add names of ejected persons to the parcel ban list automatically

Security orbs that don't comply with the restrictions can be AR'd, but security orbs under 400m or over 2000m which comply with the other restrictions are OK. 

Skyboxes or other platforms/structures in the sky in Bellisseria regions are supposed to be over 2000m, so the air space between 400m and 2000m should be open for flying without running into skyboxes or platforms, and without running into security orbs, as long as the parcel owner is following the covenant rules regarding sky structures and security orbs. 

Excellent, ty & sorry I forgot to add the details :( I don't report every orb lol. My bad. 

Correction to my earlier statement, If you're hit with a security orb between 400m and 2000m (i'm not sure about the air space over 2000m security orb rule) I would file abuse report. Or  if the security orb was instant teleport away without the minimium 15 second warning via chat message. 15 second warning is common when flying breifly above houses under 400m, usually when I fly that low I don't stick around over 15 seconds the chat box will give warning to leave air space, which makes it exciting. When your instantly ejected from your craft and teleported home while traveling through parcels boundaries quickly I would report those kind.

Lately I don't really have the motivation to track down the security orb to report, I usually move on and stay focused with what I was doing unless I know exactly where to report. It would be handy to have a way to report the last person who teleported us vs trying to track down the parcel owner. If anyone knows more efficient way of reporting those, that would be awesome. 

It's pretty rare to be hit with security orb breaking the rules.

The great thing about bellisseria is there is non of those parcel privacy yellow line boundary walls crafts can get stuck in. 

23 hours ago, Paulsian said:

you could always fly your ship over bellisseria its a free fly area you're bound to find a lot of interesting things up in the sky there lol. Be cautious people own those objects and live around but over I think it's 300 meters there's no security orbs allowed

The orb-free zone is 400m to 1999m

• Like 1

(I shared  a vid about this spacy subject, but as I watched  it, I saw it was uhm a bit adult And I have shared previously adult material on this forum that had been complained about. Now someone was already talking about reputation, but I'm removing it anyway. By the way, it's An Evening in Space by Daphne Guinness, not at all that racy, but well, one nipple gate is enough)

Edited by archangel969

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.