Peeve #1: Maddy keeps saying to me that she means to resurrect her "brazier of doom," in which she used to take pics of her visitors being immolated, and she still hasn't done it.

Move your butt, Maddy! Yes, I'm calling you out in public.

(I won't talk about Maddy's "brassiere of doom," because it's too horrifying, and I'd get permabanned.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve #2: The performance improvements that LL made to its viewer are quantifiably excellent: when I use it (which I do now for when I'm in very crowded places), my FPS shoots waaaaay up in comparison to what I'd be getting on Firestorm. Black Dragon has, I think, updated to incorporate those enhancements, and it too seems to me to have improved as a result.

When the #(@*$#@ will Firestorm get around to incorporating them?????

(Yes, I know: I'm an ungrateful wretch/wench. Firestorm is produced for free, using volunteer coders, helpers, and so forth, and I shouldn't be harsh. But pleeeeeeease?)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve #2: The performance improvements that LL made to its viewer are quantifiably excellent: when I use it (which I do now for when I'm in very crowded places), my FPS shoots waaaaay up in comparison to what I'd be getting on Firestorm. Black Dragon has, I think, updated to incorporate those enhancements, and it too seems to me to have improved as a result.

(Yes, I know: I'm an ungrateful wretch/wench. Firestorm is produced for free, using volunteer coders, helpers, and so forth, and I shouldn't be harsh. But pleeeeeeease?)

I've used Firestorm so much that I get lost in the SL viewer as well as Black Dragon..

I'm totally converted to new user in Black dragon for sure.. I just can't get used to the movement controls and rip my hair out and before I know it i'm gasping for air until I get back into firestorm.. lol

I really want to use Black Dragon for pictures, but really get refreshed on what new users to SL must feel when they first get here.. hehehehe

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I've used Firestorm so much that I get lost in the SL viewer as well as Black Dragon..

I'm totally converted to new user in Black dragon for sure.. I just can't get used to the movement controls and rip my hair out and before I know it i'm gasping for air until I get back into firestorm.. lol

I really want to use Black Dragon for pictures, but really get refreshed on what new users to SL must feel when they first get here.. hehehehe

Yes, I know some people who swear by BD as their everyday viewer, but I hate the UI. I use it only for pics. And I do the setup for pics in Firestorm first, usually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, I know some people who swear by BD as their everyday viewer, but I hate the UI. I use it only for pics. And I do the setup for pics in Firestorm first, usually.

Niran's design decisions on the UI just "sorta work" for me - these days I find it easier to navigate that UI then the official viewer or Firestorm.

But "different strokes" and all that. Each to their own.

I think my (admittedly weird) mind just puts things in the same categories as Niran's does and expects the same things to be grouped together. Which should probably worry me, but doesn't.

• Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

It's probably like those "squishy thighs" thingamajigs, but for bewbies.

No comment.

ETA: They now have those "squishy thigh" things for boobs, btw. It's a thing.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

When they're rolled out to the mainline Viewer.

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Right, because their currently only available in an "experimental" viewer?

Ah yerp. It is incredibly rare (from what I have noticed) that their team will roll in functions, features and code from the RC/Testing branches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Ah yerp. It is incredibly rare (from what I have noticed) that their team will roll in functions, features and code from the RC/Testing branches.

Well, it's frickin' brilliant. I mean, on my computer anyway, it does absolute wonders. Where I used to get bogged down at busy clubs (say, 20+ avatars) with an FPS under 10, even on lower graphics settings, with the new viewer I can actually even turn on ALM, get shadows, and still have an FPS of between 15-20.

I hope they hurry up and make it "official"!

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, it's frickin' brilliant. I mean, on my computer anyway, it does absolute wonders. Where I used to get bogged down at busy clubs (say, 20+ avatars) with an FPS under 10, even on lower graphics settings, with the new viewer I can actually even turn on ALM, get shadows, and still have an FPS of between 15-20.

I hope they hurry up and make it "official"!

I hope that the fixes do not end up being OS specific ...

• Like 1

Here is a little peeve, not anything too bad, but really threw me for a loop..

I made this really amazing Egg Salad yesterday.

I mean I make an amazing Egg Salad.. The kind where all the men in the house get excited about..

I make it by the vat because, too little and they'll be wanting me to make more..

Well ,I made this big vat of my amazing egg salad yesterday, putting my love into it, enjoying myself making something I know they are excited about.. I really enjoy getting creative with it each time too.. A little switch here or there..

This is one of my best Egg Salads yet..

I went to the fridge a little bit ago and it's still there and untouched..

I made a sandwich with it yesterday and there is nothing wrong with it, in fact it's soo good.. This is like a first  for me, nobody eating my egg salad let alone not even touching it..

It's all still there..

They will probably eat it all today when they get home, but this has never happened before..

I wonder if they are messing with me..Their father playing with me.. That's the onyl thing that makes sense, because they were dying to dive into it..

Oh, I just thought of something! I'm gonna take it to the shop fridge and see who messes with who.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Here is a little peeve, not anything too bad, but really threw me for a loop..

I made this really amazing Egg Salad yesterday.

I mean I make an amazing Egg Salad.. The kind where all the men in the house get excited about..

I make it by the vat because, too little and they'll be wanting me to make more..

Well ,I made this big vat of my amazing egg salad yesterday, putting my love into it, enjoying myself making something I know they are excited about.. I really enjoy getting creative with it each time too.. A little switch here or there..

This is one of my best Egg Salads yet..

I went to the fridge a little bit ago and it's still there and untouched..

I made a sandwich with it yesterday and there is nothing wrong with it, in fact it's soo good.. This is like a first  for me, nobody eating my egg salad let alone not even touching it..

It's all still there..

They will probably eat it all today when they get home, but this has never happened before..

I wonder if they are messing with me..Their father playing with me.. That's the onyl thing that makes sense, because they were dying to dive into it..

Oh, I just thought of something! I'm gonna take it to the shop fridge and see who messes with who.. hehehe

Of course they are messing with you, lassie - it's hardwired into that Y-chromosome thingy.

They only devour everything in sight like a plague of locusts when you don't want them to and have other plans for those ingredients.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve #1: Maddy keeps saying to me that she means to resurrect her "brazier of doom," in which she used to take pics of her visitors being immolated, and she still hasn't done it.

Move your butt, Maddy! Yes, I'm calling you out in public.

(I won't talk about Maddy's "brassiere of doom," because it's too horrifying, and I'd get permabanned.)

She knows you're expecting it now. 

• Like 1