'Tis the Season - Favorite Dark Rides?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am shopping for "Dark Rides". 

Usually, these are "amusement rides" that rez in a relatively small parcel area, in which avatars sit in a "cart"/"pod" that takes them through a "spooky" ride.

Admittedly, I have not bought many since probably before Mesh!

Does anyone have favorites they can recommend?

So far, I'm adding some on my Marketplace "Wish List" and will buy those. My parcel is only 2048, but I've got 2x prims.  Also: My parcel isn't square, so we'll see how it works out (things will want to rez "on" the parcel, hopefully).

I do have some multi-scene rezzers with "spooky scenes", but those aren't "dark rides".  (I did not try searching yet for "multi scene ride", etc.)

Thanks,

Love

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Usually, these are "amusement rides" that rez in a relatively small parcel area, in which avatars sit in a "cart"/"pod" that takes them through a "spooky" ride.

So far, I'm adding some on my Marketplace "Wish List" and will buy those. My parcel is only 2048, but I've got 2x prims.  Also: My parcel isn't square, so we'll see how it works out (things will want to rez "on" the parcel, hopefully).

I do have some multi-scene rezzers with "spooky scenes", but those aren't "dark rides".  (I did not try searching yet for "multi scene ride", etc.)

Thanks,

Love

Oh!!! If you do this can I come and try one out with you? 

Also I came across one of these rides in the shop and hop. In the first destination. I'll look for it again at in the evening and send it to you.

Edited by SorachaNicEoghain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks,

Love

You could check out this place.  I noticed they had a lot of rides.  I only passed through briefly the other day but plan to go back soon...

Uri Jefferson's FREAKSHOW 2022 – Place ⋆ Media-SL.com ⋆

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

i have a Haunted House I could rez for you, but it is huge and very primmy. You'd need at least a quarter region.

Understood - most of my own old scary houses (even smaller ones, whether or not they were "haunted") wouldn't fit on my weird footprint either!

I'm more focused on the small "dark rides" this time around! 🙂 Partly because I've always loved them, and partly because they should "fit" if I am lucky.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon Mommy said:

I know somewhere on the grid someone has recreated the Haunted Mansion from Disneyland... I always enjoyed that. 

I live only about 1.5 hours from Walt Disney World in FL, so have ridden that more than most people! Always a favorite. (First rode in 1974.)

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I live only about 1.5 hours from Walt Disney World in FL, so have ridden that more than most people! Always a favorite. (First rode in 1974.)

It's my very favorite ride of all time! Im about as far from FL as you can get and still be near an international airport in North America so my trips are every few years now. I'll have to locate the surl of the one in SL as it was very lovingly created.

Edited by Dragon Mommy
So many typos me type very gud
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dragon Mommy said:

It's my very favorite ride of all time! Im about as far from FL as you can get and still be near an international airport in North America so my trips are every few years now. I'll have to locate the surl of the one in SL as it was very lovingly crested. 

I've seen it in SL, years ago.

It's the kind of thing where, if you get off the ride, you're lost!

This one is two-level, and claims a 9 minute ride! Hopefully it is more fun.

Edit: This one has the best ambience so far, and is the least cheesy. "Torgon's Haunted Halloween Ride".

So far, they all fit on my parcel (one at a time, unless I wanted to put some in the sky).

Torgon's Halloween Haunted Ride_001_001.png

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

OMG WHERE IS THIS? 

Hope Dragon Mommy can tell you, I saw it years ago and wasn't toooo impressed.  It was nice.  Obviously, it as called something else due to IP issues.  Somewhere I came across a lot of drama around the creator vs. contributors, so that probably skewed my impressions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.