Letters on my world map sign not showing correctly

Winterharte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I suggest using tinted prims.  Textures are reduced to their "average color" on the World Map tiles.  The World Map tile generator does not support either of "sculpted prims" or "mesh" objects.  I reported this ages ago and was informed of this limitation.  My bug report was refiled as a feature request.  It appears to have a lot of company in that pile.

Now for my personal opinion on World Map signs.  Don't.  Just don't do it.  They are an ugly blight and I hate them.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

Now for my personal opinion on World Map signs.  Don't.  Just don't do it.  They are an ugly blight and I hate them.

Yes! 1000 times, yes! If I am looking at the map and see a big pile of these things, my reaction is to not visit the area.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a world map sign before.. but then again I have never looked for one.. Are they that common that they've blent in so well that I'm just not noticing them?

Mainland, in parts, used to be lousy with them. And parts of the adult continent (that I'm brain farting on remembering the name). Some private sims put huge covers and signs over them.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a world map sign before.. but then again I have never looked for one.. Are they that common that they've blent in so well that I'm just not noticing them?

You haven't seen the giant ones that say FREE SEX?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Mainland, in parts, used to be lousy with them. And parts of the adult continent (that I'm brain farting on remembering the name). Some private sims put huge covers and signs over them.

Oh, those signs!!:$

For some reason I thought they were actually on the ground at places like landing points and had some use for them..

These are the signs we see on our own map.. Ok.. I was up late last night taking pictures and am really just not with it today ,at all..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Winterharte said:

The letters on my world map sign are just big white blobs.  Originally they were too small and just showed up as little blobs.  Well I made them much bigger but they are still just blobs.

world map.png

Please read this thread about all the quirks involved when using prims and tortured prims to make signs/text/art on the world map tiles:

Mine worked. I set mine at about 348 meters up. I tested for a bit higher and it didn't work. No clue if mesh options would work but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Mine are made of old school prims and I put a series of black platforms underneath so it is more readable. I also colored the prims in the texture menu and removed any actual textures ie blank.  Don't forget to make the bottoms full transparent so you don't see blight in the sky from the ground. 

image.png.4d9b9d8165de260df2b222221beab468.png

Edited by Sorina Garrigus

10 hours ago, Winterharte said:

The problem was I was using sculpty letters.  Just made my own out of prims

Sculpts don't work - the map only detects their physical shape, which in the case of a sculpt - is a round blob. You can only use plain prims. It doesn't detect texture either, but it does detect tinted colour. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.