Meta | They Asked For It!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Okay back on topic now - I swear if some website tries to serve me some hot mess fashion ads like this I might fly off into orbit. I'm going to turn off my ad-block and hunt for more of this nonsense because now I HAVE to know, LMAO.

That's hot. The second one.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

My bad.

In my limited experience, guys wearing jockstraps, showing off their bulges..just so happen to be either VERY bi or SLIGHTLY gay. 

Just sayin'.

I don't care what his religion is. It's a, um . . . "nice" picture.

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't absolutely hate the one on the far ri . . .

Well, ok. Never mind.

07balenciaga-05-videoSixteenByNine3000.j

There's a whole aluminum foil movement going on in fashion, apparently!

0325fae4698b4d2c4fee7a2fad5393df.png

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh wow. They're in Fortnite???

18br-textile-social-4up-3840x2160-3840x2

Yeah, I remember hearing about that, too! Have they made it into Horizon Worlds yet? 🤣

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

There's a whole aluminum foil movement going on in fashion, apparently!

yeah, don't get it. They remind me of the sort of discount-store "Princess" costumes I got when I was a pre-teen.

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Have they made it into Horizon Worlds yet? 🤣

You could ask Antonioo? I'm sure he'd know.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

yeah, don't get it. They remind me of the sort of discount-store "Princess" costumes I got when I was a pre-teen.

You could ask Antonioo? I'm sure he'd know.

Nah I'm good. I'm sure I could find some links that will answer my question. 😊

More seriously, I could've sworn I recently heard about Meta partnering with designers for their Horizons avatar fashion or maybe I'm making that up. I pay so little attention to whatever's going on in Horizon Worlds considering it looks so...bland.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My favourite is still your story about being told by your watch that you had walked your full quota for the day when you walked out to get your mail . . . and you being unsure of how you were now supposed to get back indoors.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I be scary lol

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Christmas package!

It has been 37 years since the Dire Straits "Money For Nothing" video and this is all we have to show for it. Even the mover guys had legs, lmfao

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh I know how that all goes. I've worked temp in the past. Companies gave me access to everything from financial data to social security numbers to full copies of medical records. The companies that hired me ran background checks, of course, but some of the other temps I worked with were FAR less careful with personal data than I'd care to admit. I shredded and scissored and ripped things to shreds meticulously, but they'd just yeet docs everywhere without a care in the world. Big yikes.

Sometimes it's standard procedure for employees to have access to sensitive information. When I worked at my local blood bank, they would scan every incoming unit of blood and put a barcode on it as an identifier, so regular employees wouldn't know the test results for individual donors. Simple, not that high tech. Then I worked for a testing lab that did all kinds of tests for doctor's offices, drug screening, etc. and we would have the first an last name on every vial of serum or urine we tested. There's no good reason for that. I don't need or want to know who has a positive pregnancy test, low testosterone, or tested positive on a urine drug screen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Sometimes it's standard procedure for employees to have access to sensitive information. When I worked at my local blood bank, they would scan every incoming unit of blood and put a barcode on it as an identifier, so regular employees wouldn't know the test results for individual donors. Simple, not that high tech. Then I worked for a testing lab that did all kinds of tests for doctor's offices, drug screening, etc. and we would have the first an last name on every vial of serum or urine we tested. There's no good reason for that. I don't need or want to know who has a positive pregnancy test, low testosterone, or tested positive on a urine drug screen.

Oh regular employees, absolutely. In my case, we were temps, hired through a temp agency. Often only there for the short-term (like, just there for the length of a small project or a few weeks). Like, some random person coming in, handling a bunch of medical records, and leaving in a month kinda deal.

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh, the new Meta fashion avatars for Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger...eventually to come to their VR offering:

https://about.fb.com/news/2022/06/introducing-the-meta-avatars-store/

meta avatars.jpg

Yes that's it! Thank you!!! I knew I'd seen that recently lol. And it IS Balenciaga (and others), hahahaha. They're getting in everywhere!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, skepwith said:

It has been 37 years since the Dire Straits "Money For Nothing" video and this is all we have to show for it. Even the mover guys had legs, lmfao

Well they were talking about packages and Meta and somehow a christmas package from Meta came to mind.....not sure how it all evolved   :)

That snowman is a hoot...

I don't like the cartoony look, that blocky stylized presentation. It's good for high frame rates though.

And I love realism, particularly with nature.

But, I like how I feel in VR worlds more than I like how I feel in SL, because it actually feels like I'm there in VR worlds. I go by how I feel and not how things look.

And so it's a better experience for me in the blocky worlds and I like them better when just running around playing.  But for creating I like SL better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't like the cartoony look, that blocky stylized presentation. It's good for high frame rates though.

And I love realism, particularly with nature.

But, I like how I feel in VR worlds more than I like how I feel in SL, because it actually feels like I'm there in VR worlds. I go by how I feel and not how things look.

And so it's a better experience for me in the blocky worlds and I like them better when just running around playing.  But for creating I like SL better.

I can kinda get that sentiment cause I don’t play other worlds but I know SL you have so many options so can get a little much at times so I would imagine just running around in a premade world could be so much more relaxing. Not that I would want to. SL for life (tm) lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I would imagine just running around in a premade world could be so much more relaxing.

It is, and is why I sometimes just do the Experiences in VR where I can sit back and watch -- the Experiences at Oculus or Steam.

In Horizon Worlds one plays games and creates worlds though, so it's not premade.

• Like 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

It is, and is why I sometimes just do the Experiences in VR where I can sit back and watch -- the Experiences at Oculus or Steam.

In Horizon Worlds one plays games and creates worlds though, so it's not premade.

Oh I’ve never tried all that. I think I did one experience and it was so cool. Haven’t tried VR SL yet. 

I do like creative experiences why I love SL, well one of many reasons. So yeah! Cool!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

In the spirit of this discussion, I have just landed on the Balenciaga website and I have questions (slightly off-topic, but I'll bring it back in a second)...

But for real...what the what?!

56ba713af06994a9a081f549010a5ba2.png

And these pants!!!

2c8bf13e5a81488e1d331c68dc056c43.jpg

Okay back on topic now - I swear if some website tries to serve me some hot mess fashion ads like this I might fly off into orbit. I'm going to turn off my ad-block and hunt for more of this nonsense because now I HAVE to know, LMAO.

From what I can figure.. The top one is what's trending for summer and the one you'd think was for summer is for Fall..

This winter, the  new Teen Shorts  and Flannel scarves are supposed to be really different.. I wonder what sneakers they'll set them up with.

It must be nice to be younger and able to wear anything you want any time of the year.. hehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.