The Trending SL Fashion Thread!

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

So, here's some of my weekend sale hauls, for you bargain hunters.

dh.png.77ad145aa93cd289975e59595829ec9d.png 

Matching top and pants from David Heather. Nice texture and good mesh detail. I also really like the choice of colors...this one's Orchid. You will note that I am wearing a BOM camisole underneath (part of a multi-pack from Izzies and I highly recommend it) , which I often do for modesty. This top certainly needs it as...everything...would be exposed on a side view .otherwise. Sizes for Erika, Kupra, Legacy and Lara are included.

b-b.thumb.png.fce8ff284dcaccacc2df90a1328c8fec.png

Cute top and shorts from Baiastice, available in many colors. The top is "Almond" and the shorts are "Bittersweet." Sized for Alice, Freya, Hourglass, Legacy and Lara. The floral sandals are from Pure Poison, also on sale this weekend, sized for Belezia, Ebody, Kupra, Legacy, Lara and Slink.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm on David's group list and I got the notice for the outfit and I loved it but gave it a pass because of the top. Your suggestion with a BOM is perfect. :)  I love the shorts outfit as well! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I love BOM,  I don't like to be too exposed so a BOM undergarment is perfect.  In fact I include a BOM under shirt, tank, cami, with all my revealing tops I sell, just to give folks the option of using it or not.

I love BOM as well but sometimes it's hard finding good quality/texture, etc. Some when you attach them the pattern stretches or fades in a weird kinda way.  I got the David Heather outfit in a few colors and now searching for a BOM cami or corset. I will check out the suggestion for Izzies.  The store Varsity (Flickr Link) has a 60L sale going on for July. Cute items, a lot of them have good textures but when it comes to the Reborn body they need a little bit more work. Even with parts of the body's alpha on there are glitches. But if you don't have a Reborn body  you might want to check them out. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Ricielli is one of the SL brands that I think does a really good job with leather textures. This is the top and pants available in fall tones at Famished which opened yesterday. The hair is from WingsDG and available at Level which also opened yesterday.

I got that set from Ricielli too, it is great.

• Like 1

The Outer Garden

Dress is the Classic Summer dress from Fashionably Dead and the Starry sandals are from Astralia.  Both item on sale now at Collabor88.  I'm a sucker for anything that includes patterns as the dress does.

Have to get a few more summer items before they start dragging out sweaters and boots!

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The Outer Garden

Dress is the Classic Summer dress from Fashionably Dead and the Starry sandals are from Astralia.  Both item on sale now at Collabor88.  I'm a sucker for anything that includes patterns as the dress does.

Have to get a few more summer items before they start dragging out sweaters and boots!

I like {fd} and that looks AMAZING on you, but have stumbled on stores now I adore even more.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

I'm going to highlight some other things from C88...

I'm drawn to finding realistic clothing that is not form fitting in SL.To do that in mesh presents its own set of challenges, especially (IMO) in rigging. You don't want oversize clothes to look like they've been molded out of plastic (unless that is the intent!). 

One brand that I think is doing a pretty good job releasing non-form-fitting clothing in SL is Spectacledchic. The way the designer displays their clothing at events, you may not realize that you are actually getting a fatback of colors when you purchase an item from them.

At C88 this round, they've released a nightgown. But I think it would make an excellent maxi dress as well!  The HUD allows you to mix and match the lace with the gown fabric. As far as quality, the only negative I noticed (and this is a common issue with mesh) is that in some poses, when my avi's legs are bent in a more unusual position, the "pulling" in the skirt is not natural, likely due to the pleats being a permanent feature in the mesh as well as the texture. 

image.thumb.png.f896df373a24244e67fc33a1fea4f253.png

I also want to give a shout-out to the. hair and especially the skin here which are also at C88. The hair is from WingsDG and if you're looking for a lower cost alternative to Doux and don't need a full fatback of all colors, Wings is a less expensive choice that still features really great textures and options for materials. Recently they've been featuring some 80's throwback styles and this is the style featured at C88 this round.

image.png.76a6466f0e5ad68b52fccba5fc3cc8b4.png

Last but definitely not least, OMG this skin! I rarely buy skin at full price since there are so may good skins available on the weekend sales for great prices...but...it's so hard to find a really good mature skin that doesn't look like an old dried up hag. This is from DeeTaleZ and it is simply beautiful. They didn't feature my favorite Velour tone, RoseKiss, so I had to settle for Chantilly. There are lots of BOM add-ons included, and an additional add-on pack available as well.  I'm wearing Lelutka's Kaya head which is a very soft, youthful head design, and even with that, I've still got a mature look! It's the best skin I've seen in ages, IMO.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Some pictures featuring items fro sales and events in the last few days...

Typically-reliable Coco gives us a pipped jacket (with shirt and non-shirt options) and patch-pocket cropped jeans at Uber. The clogs are from Eudora 3D, also at Uber, and the hair is from Doux at Dubai

image.png.d41418d0a00fe10f9ed1261634898c75.png

This next photo is a combination of gifts and event items...

image.png.e319e9ef54b64bd7db006b3025f53747.png

These really nice pants, in a textured leather (maybe alligator?) really work the materials, so try turning on your higher quality graphic settings to see them in their full glory. They are available at The Fifty and are by Ascendant, The top is a free gift from Sorumin - I think it was at The Warehouse Sale but it might have been one of the Uber gifts. The shoes are from KC Couture and are one of their weekend special - typically a great deal because they are always fatpacks.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Coco

I miss shopping at Coco! I love the clothes they way she styles them which gives you great ideas on how to mix and match pieces.  Since I've switched to the Reborn I no longer can shop there.  I'm style trying to find that store that is on the same level as Coco. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 5:07 PM, EnchantrixLisa said:

I miss shopping at Coco! I love the clothes they way she styles them which gives you great ideas on how to mix and match pieces.  Since I've switched to the Reborn I no longer can shop there.  I'm style trying to find that store that is on the same level as Coco. 

Erratic makes clothing for Reborn :)

• Like 2

a little bit of fun with this BOM & Mesh mix up.

We have a Mesh Top (by Indigenous) and under it we have a BOM double undershirt (by Indigenous) also BOM Leather Pants (by Indigenous).  Paired up with an old style belt (by Earthstones) and mesh boots (by Maitreya)  

I find it loads of fun to mix and match BOM and Mesh clothing,  you can create so many unique and creative outfits that way.  I do it all the time.

BOM is a trend that is slowly gaining in SL and for those of us who use it, know that it can be used in so many creative ways.

BOM & Mesh mix 1.png

Edited by Tazzie Tuque
  • Like 2

Yasum has a sexy  romper called Sui at Equally 10 Right now..

It comes in four style sets each in their own fatpack which is around 450 each fatpach, 199 for each individual outfit, and the mega pack was 1699.

The style sets are, Checkers, Silks, Naturals and Patterns, as well as comes with a set of ankle bangles..

52352209210_bdb86a5602_k.jpg

52352028263_b37bf629f8_k.jpg

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.