Why

Sandis Jenkins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure whether it's applicable because I've never had a Mesh-body for men - but I've sometimes run into animations cross-bleeding into another. Usually when the animations where mix and match from different stores. It was like certain nodes in the animation skeleton weren't properly reset and kept accumulating every time the animation came around. It didn't happen often but was annoying when it did because the oddly bend waist stuck around and blended into all kinds of other animations.

So maybe it's something like that happening here too? I mostly fixed it by resetting animations and skeleton/deformers (something, something? Can't launch right now) - then one by one working my way through and finding the guilty animation, which admittedly took longer than I cared for.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

Not sure whether it's applicable because I've never had a Mesh-body for men - but I've sometimes run into animations cross-bleeding into another. Usually when the animations where mix and match from different stores. It was like certain nodes in the animation skeleton weren't properly reset and kept accumulating every time the animation came around. It didn't happen often but was annoying when it did because the oddly bend waist stuck around and blended into all kinds of other animations.

So maybe it's something like that happening here too? I mostly fixed it by resetting animations and skeleton/deformers (something, something? Can't launch right now) - then one by one working my way through and finding the guilty animation, which admittedly took longer than I cared for.

I did try turning all animations off too and im still kind of arching backwards for some reason :D

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Sandis Jenkins said:

Guys its nothing to do with animations. Even ond default SL animations im still arching backwards. So thats why Im asking if thats just how the mesh Legacy body is?

No, it is not how it should be.  Did you try the suggestions?  Did you relog?  Did you remove attachments?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sandis Jenkins said:

Guys its nothing to do with animations. Even ond default SL animations im still arching backwards. So thats why Im asking if thats just how the mesh Legacy body is?

I'm legacy too. I'll be in world at around 7pm sl time tomorrow if you want to compare.

It looks like an issue with an animation

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Like 1

That's definitely too much of a lean back. The centreline of your head (from the side) should be roughly over your knees, and your butt and certainly your shoulders, should be not hanging out over the back of your calves. This shape is a standard artist proportion, and notice also your junk is exactly halfway up your body height ...

ideal-proportions-male-495871566.jpg

I swear, not a single body brand in SL, male or female, has ever done any study of anatomy.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sandis Jenkins said:

Somehow it seems to have fixed itself. I already noticed this last night but did not bother to look more into it, just today while browsing the animation stores my posture was real weird. But idk what happened, he is standing all fine :D 

A relog often fixes the problem.

• Like 4

On 7/21/2022 at 2:45 PM, Sandis Jenkins said:

No it isn't how legacy normally is. It's an animation issue, but likely not one you are actually wearing or playing right now. There has, at some point when the leaning-back started, been a conflict between two animations trying to move you at the same time. I sometimes see similar effects like this when getting up off of animated furniture or after detaching an object that had an animation in it. The "hold bags" that purchased clothing comes in, is often a culprit.

"Stop Animations" is not the fix that will work because the animation itself is already no longer playing. It *thinks* it has put you back in the normal stand but it hasn't.. What you need is "Undeform Avatar" (in the Firestorm Avatar menu under Avatar Health) or "Reset Skeleton" (in the official viewer in the Me menu).

Re-logging will also work because your skeleton is always re-set to default when you log back in, but you don't need to go to all that hassle, just do the undeform/skeleton reset above and that will fix it.

If the problem reoccurs after a short time, then there is probably a dodgy animation in your AO.  

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

imo

actually normal, male stand , his hip will slightly goes front, because he will sit his upper body weight on his lower back.

but yes the picture from op is too much.

picture post by kattherine heartsong

from side , actually imho not natural stand, it is pose stand or army soldier stand in line.

natural stand is relax, you not tight your leg muscle, but let the body weight sit on yourbone , thats why pelvic will move forward a little . so abdoem can relaxing.

f6438214fabec8ed2f42350c288f5391.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2022 at 10:23 AM, skepwith said:

Did you try resetting your skeleton? It's not the same as stopping animations. Go way down the pie menu and find "Reset skeleton." 

"Rest skeleton and animations" fixed it for me.  Before I was just stopping animations.  Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.