can they forfeit my rental?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

There is something poetic about a Trumper getting bitten by this if I'm honest, has some real leopards eating my face energy.

oh let's not dwell into politics. Just feel proud of whoever you believe. Its better for your health this way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fabiansongs said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Sounds like the boat ride to hell.

oh on the contrary, all 30 of is had a blast sailing, and end up in a party.

Oh I was just referring to unregulated free market capitalism. You don't think that is hellish?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh I was just referring to unregulated free market capitalism. You don't think that is hellish?

oh that I agree whole heartedly.  Thought you were referring to my loss of residency and 19000 because of my boat parade. 

6 minutes ago, fabiansongs said:
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

oh that I agree whole heartedly.  Thought you were referring to my loss of residency and 19000 because of my boat parade. 

I don't want to get into politics here, but this is what Trump supports. So if you agree it is hellish why would you support Trump?

* Rhetorical question, as I really don't want to get into politics.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, fabiansongs said:

Totally agreed Chassie. A proper candle light dinner in real life would cost more. But it shows how desperate some land owners are. 

For what it's worth, I try to take the attitude, at least in SL,  that if someone needs my L$  badly enough that they feel they need to steal them, they need the money more than I do.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

There is something poetic about a Trumper getting bitten by this if I'm honest, has some real leopards eating my face energy.

Whatever makes you happy coffee. A fact is a fact. 

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't want to get into politics here, but this is what Trump supports. So if you agree it is hellish why would you support Trump?

* Rhetorical question, as I really don't want to get into politics.

simply put. When Trump was in the white house, inflation was as none event. Petrol  was $1.98 top. Isis destroyed. Border secured. That's good enough for me. And today it's a slow boat to hell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

For what it's worth, I try to take the attitude, at least in SL,  that if someone needs my L$  badly enough that they feel they need to steal them, they need the money more than I do.woe

Wow. what an attitude! I love it!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fabiansongs said:

Whatever makes you happy coffee. A fact is a fact. 

simply put. When Trump was in the white house, inflation was as none event. Petrol  was $1.98 top. Isis destroyed. Border secured. That's good enough for me. And today it's a slow boat to hell.

Putin knew when to make his move, causing inflation and gas prices to soar, so that we blame the sitting president as people always do.  

It's a worldwide shift toward autocratic governance.

I just hope things don't get too bad. On top of climate change & covid we don't need an autocratic society.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chaser Zaks said:

After reviewing their covenant, I found the following:

All sales are final is a keyword here, you entered an agreement where you are not obligated to a refund. Additionally, depending on how one may interpret it, "A refund will not be given for any time remaining on the tenancy." is also in effect.

While I personally find it scummy to refuse a refund on a tenant if they "reserve the right to terminate it for any reason", it is an agreement. Even then, LL is unlikely to get involved.

Now, the second part is that quote is the zoning and resource usage. If you were using more than your fair share of avatar slots, OR using residental land for a "private party club" as said specifically in the covenant, then you would have violated the covenant, thus are subject to eviction.

One can argue the owner wishing good luck as a "go ahead", but one can also argue that they did not know what type of land zoning you were in. If I managed many many parcels, I certainly wouldn't know what tenant is on what land unless I looked it up in a database.

I also recommend removing the name, as per LL's no name and shame policy.

But, back when the 3rd party exchange program was around, I used a paysafecard to buy $50 of L$. It worked fine until up to the last month it was allowed, in which they shutdown their bots the moment they were told the program was closing, but still had their site operating and accepting payments. I lost $50 that day, and no one was able to do anything about it because LL doesn't get involved in that stuff, and the company was in England or something and had no contact info.
So I know how you feel in this regards, it's a poopy situation to feel absolutely helpless when losing a bunch of money. Now I do have to take what you read as "their word against theirs", so I have no idea if the covenant changed, or if you were in violation of the rules, or whatever, so I can't really say if the company is good or bad, but assuming you are telling the truth, it is this kind of behavior which makes me not like LL's no name and shame policy. It's a double edge sword though:

• One hand, they tell people ceviet emperor, but then remove any way for people to make other's aware of bad behavior of sellers.
  • On the other hand, you have people who don't tell the whole story, and can smear a company's good reputation.

I have no qualms telling you that is because I sent a three sentence invitation to invite residents to join my Trump boat parade. How else would one violate the covenant even if he tries? And would I pay airways 3 months in advance of i plan to subotage the place I stayed for years?

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Putin knew when to make his move, causing inflation and gas prices to soar, so that we blame the sitting president as people always do.  

I just hope things don't get too bad. On top of climate change & covid we don't need an autocratic society.

oh it's Putin jacking up the price? Try open up keystone pipeline and pump your own oil, and I'll believe you if the price is still $4.50…!!

• Haha 1

oh it's Putin jacking up the price? Try open up keystone pipeline and pump your own oil, and I'll believe you if the price is still $4.50…!!

I'm not an expert in this by any means, but we have deals with countries that prohibit what we can do. They maintain prices in screwy ways.  It's not all about environmental protection. Wars throw a wrench into all of it.

So, you want to poison the drinking water of the First Nations peoples that live on the land that pipeline runs through.

Bravo. You just slaughtered everyone I know and love because greed. 

Have a nice life.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

So, you want to poison the drinking water of the First Nations peoples that live on the land that pipeline runs through.

Bravo. You just slaughtered everyone I know and love because greed. 

Have a nice life.

oh wow... how many people died of poison water when Trump opened up keystone? let's deal with some facts here.

8 hours ago, Chaser Zaks said:

After reviewing their covenant, I found the following:

All sales are final is a keyword here, you entered an agreement where you are not obligated to a refund. Additionally, depending on how one may interpret it, "A refund will not be given for any time remaining on the tenancy." is also in effect.

While I personally find it scummy to refuse a refund on a tenant if they "reserve the right to terminate it for any reason", it is an agreement. Even then, LL is unlikely to get involved.

Now, the second part is that quote is the zoning and resource usage. If you were using more than your fair share of avatar slots, OR using residental land for a "private party club" as said specifically in the covenant, then you would have violated the covenant, thus are subject to eviction.

One can argue the owner wishing good luck as a "go ahead", but one can also argue that they did not know what type of land zoning you were in. If I managed many many parcels, I certainly wouldn't know what tenant is on what land unless I looked it up in a database.

I also recommend removing the name, as per LL's no name and shame policy.

But, back when the 3rd party exchange program was around, I used a paysafecard to buy $50 of L$. It worked fine until up to the last month it was allowed, in which they shutdown their bots the moment they were told the program was closing, but still had their site operating and accepting payments. I lost $50 that day, and no one was able to do anything about it because LL doesn't get involved in that stuff, and the company was in England or something and had no contact info.
So I know how you feel in this regards, it's a poopy situation to feel absolutely helpless when losing a bunch of money. Now I do have to take what you read as "their word against theirs", so I have no idea if the covenant changed, or if you were in violation of the rules, or whatever, so I can't really say if the company is good or bad, but assuming you are telling the truth, it is this kind of behavior which makes me not like LL's no name and shame policy. It's a double edge sword though:

• One hand, they tell people ceviet emperor, but then remove any way for people to make other's aware of bad behavior of sellers.
  • On the other hand, you have people who don't tell the whole story, and can smear a company's good reputation.

I have no qualms telling you that is because I sent a three sentence invitation to invite residents to join my Trump boat parade. How else would one violate the covenant even if he tries? And would I pay airways 3 months in advance of i plan to subotage the place I stayed for years?

12 minutes ago, fabiansongs said:

The Keystone Pipeline was actually to bring oil from Canada to the United States Gulf Coast refineries, which are running at capacity currently.

Just out of curiosity, what country are you from?

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

The Keystone Pipeline was actually to bring oil from Canada to the United States Gulf Coast refineries, which are running at capacity currently.

Just out of curiosity, what country are you from?

I'm from Singapore. The keystone was shut down the first day biden took office. One of us is wrong 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Indeed, one of us is. And that's certainly a long way for a boat cruise.

I'm very concerned as I have many friends and relatives staying in US, and I travel frequently to NY for my investment. it's a long way to fly too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.