Looking for Female Skin for Maitreya Mesh Body and System Head

Amee Judd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been a member a long time, but did not spend much time in SL or improve my avatar much. Now, I want to make my avatar better. I have a Maitreya body and understand how it works fairly well. I do not want a mesh head at this time because I am satisfied with the appearance of my system head and I don't want to learn to use a mesh head HUD now. I am looking for suitable skins and having trouble finding them.

Can someone suggest stores that have them.

All help is much appreciated.

• Like 1

It seems like  a lot of the skin creators and makeup folks -- even tattoo creators have gone over to the proprietary Letluka UV mapping.  Head makers are doing the same but that doesn't affect you at this point. I know there are some system skins at WOW and even some you can camp for. Just be sure and read the info on the vendor posters. It is even more confusing than before.    And of course try the demos first but you seem to know that.    

That being said you will most likely have a seam where the head meets the body. Two types of "mesh" involved so even if the skin is perfectly made (many are not) you will still see a difference.  Chokers are your friend in this case. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I use Maitreya body and a System head.  I use skins primarily from 7 Deadly Skins and Stunner Originals, though I also have a few from LAQ, Lumae, Modish, Ducle Secrets, and Stix that I sometimes use.  Using the BOM versions will give the best overall matching at the neckline.  Though, as Chic mentioned, many will still show the neck seam in some lighting due to the fact that the System head is a different type of mesh than Mesh bodies & heads sold inworld.  Most of the time, I either wear something that is high neck or I'll be wearing a choker.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amee Judd said:

I have been a member a long time, but did not spend much time in SL or improve my avatar much. Now, I want to make my avatar better. I have a Maitreya body and understand how it works fairly well. I do not want a mesh head at this time because I am satisfied with the appearance of my system head and I don't want to learn to use a mesh head HUD now. I am looking for suitable skins and having trouble finding them.

Can someone suggest stores that have them.

All help is much appreciated.

What are your style goals? What aesthetics are you looking for? I know Deetalez has some old system skins up that you can match with their BOM body for your specific mesh body. Pink Fuel does, as well. If you peruse the MB, you might find older gacha skins for resale that are for the classic avatar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The skins from 7 Deadly Skins seem to be made for Maitreya by default. They still have plenty for Genus, Evolution and Catwa HDPro, which all use the standard UV map and so can be worn on a system head. Demo to see if you like them or get their free skins and then see if you like them or not. If you decide to get a Lelutka EvoX head later, you can still use all these skins on the Evo setting. Neck faders and chokers can help when wearing a system head with a mesh body. I did this myself for years and just tolerated the faint neck seam.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would suggest a visit to 7 Deadly Skins and look for their daily dollarbie which is near the back of the store on the right. They do lots of group offers too but the group is not cheap to join.  You need to look particularly for GENUS skins - these will work well with a classic head because Genus skins use the default SL skin template pretty closely (lips may look a bit thicker than they should, you can fix that by reducing it on the sliders but that is all). 7DS skins are all in one, they are BOM and up to date so you won't need finger/toe fixes and you'll get as good a match as is possible at the neck with a mesh body and classic head (never perfect, unfortunately). The daily dollarbie may not be a Genus skin every day but keep re-visiting and you'll soon find one.

Should you later decide to update to a mesh head, you can still get the Genus head for free and use the same skin on it. Genus skins alro fit Catwa HDPRO heads very well, but for a Lelutka head you'll need a different skin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The 7 Deadly Skins group is currently free and there are many mini-manias, 2 midnight manias and 3 lucky letter boards. So it's a good way to get nice skins for free if you're a group member. There is also a monthly group gift but it's often for Lelutka EvoX heads.

You could also try Amara Beauty. They have some free skins as well.

Wow Skins (already mentioned above) also has nice skins. The camp chairs are for group members only though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Amee Judd

Not all skins made for specific mesh head brands are limited to that brand. If the maker is using the basic SL UVMap the skin will work with several heads including the classic head. You have to try them to see what works.

I find lips and eyes tend to be the places where problems appear. What works depends on how picky and detail conscious you are.

When you find a brand of skin made for a brand of head that works for you, note the maker and target brand so you don't forget.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.