Premium Plus Price already changed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

49 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Drayke, I don't believe I've ever heard you or your 'friend' ever say a good thing about LL/SL or the US. It seems you only want to destroy, finding nothing but faults with LL and the US.  I've witnessed this over quite a few years now.  I mean, calling officials to tattle on LL? If you cared at all you'd just send in a support ticket or open up a JIRA informing them of the differing laws in Australia. Like I said, I don't believe you do care...you just want to destroy.

Apparently, from your last sentence, you feel slighted by the US not considering Australia enough?  So overall you feel left out or dominated by another country...is this the source of all your negativity?

I have sent a support ticket in before regarding the issue of subscription items being removed prior to subscription ending and the response was what all US companies state. US law doesn't say that nor does our ToC's and Australian law doesn't apply. Despite saying otherwise they stood by that. I left it at that and cancelled my sub on my old main account and have never subbed again. Yet here again we have another issue that is misleading and I can guarantee you the same response would be given.

I have already tagged Patch for clarification and acknowledgement and he has posted in the forums multiple times since that. I have therefore reported it to Linden Lab and he has already seen it more than likely due to being tagged, bypassing support who in such a thing would be of no use as for one I cant phone them up and two am not going to try and explain it to their support bot. In all likelihood it was an error where they haven't made that part country specific.

I like second life, I wouldn't have spent as much money as I have if I didn't nor want to see it improve. I have also said many good things about it, that doesn't mean however I have to say good things all the time or not be critical about their decisions, technology, web design, etc. I have nothing against Linden Lab (apart from Tillia's ToC's) nor with the US or its citizens nor with any other country. I do however have an issue with arrogance where the US, US Companies or its or other countries citizens believe that they are all that matters and despite showing clear evidence they continue to ignore that and then try and get back by using gotcha posts.

All that needed to happen was people to leave it alone when I stated what the ACCC says and I tagged Patch into the post. Most people did and acknowledged that they dont know Aussie Law and took my word for it. I also dont mind when people misread my post thinking I was talking about American States.

But other than that certain people that have no knowledge of the subject have to badger on about how I am wrong and they are right despite, not living in the country those laws apply nor running a business where those laws apply. They then have the audacity and arrogance to then once again post "I also don't get why people constantly have to be right". Not calling the kettle black at all... I am not right all the time however in these two cases I know that as a business owner in Australia doing these two specific things is not allowed.

So yes, I will contact the ACCC to report it, not to be destructive or to tattle on them but so as the ACCC can, if they deem necessary, advise Linden Lab that they are in breach and how to rectify it correctly.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drayke Newall said:

So yes, I will contact the ACCC to report it, not to be destructive or to tattle on them but so as the ACCC can, if they deem necessary, advise Linden Lab that they are in breach and how to rectify it correctly.

Does the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission have any jurisdiction over US businesses offering online services to customers in Australia?   

54 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Does the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission have any jurisdiction over US businesses offering online services to customers in Australia?   

Yes it does. No matter where the business takes place or is located, if they provide services or products to Australian citizens they must comply with Australian Consumer Law and if not the ACCC can sue them in the Australian Court no matter what the companies ToC's say. It is one of the things that gets American Companies in trouble so often. It gets to the point where as soon as an Australian citizen mentions the ACCC in support chat, the support team automatically closes the case and states that any further discussion would need to go through lawyers as they know how aggressive the ACCC is and is feared due to this.

Steam for example was forced to pay $3million in fines as well as a public apology needing to be displayed for 12months on any Australian Steam account 24/7 for having their ToC's and support staff saying refunds are not allowed and using the excuse that they are an American company and immune from Australian law (which got them into more trouble). Warning for foreign-based businesses: ignore Australias consumer laws at your peril

Even social media such as facebook can be taken to court in Australia and fined should they not conduct their services in accordance with Australian Law. For example, the ACCC was part of the process in ensuring that Facebook and Google pay royalties when showing news articles from Australian New Companies on their sites. It is the reason Facebook turned off news for Australian Citizens in protest for a few days.

ETA:

A physical presence in Australia is not needed at all. If the ACCC or finally the Judge can see that users have consumer accounts or have purchased a game or computer software online (ACL considers a game - including subs, or computer software 'goods') that is sufficient to be recognised as having a presence in Australia.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

In general, anyone doing business in a country, no matter where they live or the company is based, have to abide by local law in the place where they do business.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

In general, anyone doing business in a country, no matter where they live or the company is based, have to abide by local law in the place where they do business.

Yes, but what practical redress do you or I have if we order products online from -- for example -- China and they don't arrive, or they do arrive and don't match the description, or I change my mind within a limited time after their arrival?   I know what rights I'd have if I were let down by a British trader, and how to go about enforcing them, but I'm not at all sure it would work long distance.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.