1 second Orb timing, is it necessary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How 'bout dem orbs?

I hear the new models predict when you will arrive in a sim and are able to eject you in ZERO seconds!! 

I read it on the Forum, so it must be true!

Now, I dunno how that's possible but - last I heard, 0 seconds is too short a time to be scriptable.

So, maybe I heard wrong. 

But, isn't that cool? We've apparently got QUANTUM ORBS now!  Plus - I understand they function as a handy teleporter! They will even teleport you home!

If you are clear on this, do me a solid and "like" my post!

29 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

For me to log in and actually stay online longer than it takes to pay rent, I need to be inspired in the first place. Usually it's "oh, I should make that new avatar I've been thinking about" or "I should take a photo of..." or "I want to build some new antlers..." 

I'm not sure, actually! I'm familiar with that one, but I can't remember if that's the place I was at. I only remember a giant outdoor showroom and a big big big race track with lots of curves and turns that went up into the sky? 

Am I making this up? LOL. I'll have to dig through some landmarks.

That sounds like Motor Loon's old store and riding sims.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/11827

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How 'bout dem orbs?

I hear the new models predict when you will arrive in a sim and are able to eject you in ZERO seconds!! 

Now, I dunno how that's possible but - last I heard, 0 seconds is too short a time to be scriptable.

So, maybe I heard wrong. 

But, isn't that cool? We've apparently got QUANTUM ORBS now!  Plus - I understand they function as a handy teleporter! They will even teleport you home!

Clear? What did you do? Join Scientology? 😲

🤭

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That sounds like Motor Loon's old store and riding sims.

I peeked at my landmarks - apparently, it was either Sau, Vix Motors, or JFC. Or maybe another one and silly me forgot to grab a landmark. As it looks like most of those sims have moved/shifted around, I genuinely can't tell now. We're talking at least a year or two ago.

All I know is the bikes looked insanely detailed and realistic with tons of animations, features, HUDs, controls, dodads, thinggiemabobs, bike stuff... I'm not really much into autos in RL so, ya know, LOL. They had a TON of models out on display in all kinds of designs and colors and you'd rez the model you wanted to test drive out on the track and play around for as long as you wanted. 

I never considered the possibility of running across nasty orbs or bouncing ban lines because my intention was to maybe join a motorcycle club with my friends that had its own riding sims (they introduced me to some super nice people who ran one), but still - dem sim crossings would still be an issue even without having to worry about restricted spaces. Didn't seem worth the investment for me (I can't even remember the prices now).

24 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How 'bout dem orbs?

So, maybe I heard wrong. 

Whoa Tom Cruise, calm down. Lol 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I peeked at my landmarks - apparently, it was either Sau, Vix Motors, or JFC. Or maybe another one and silly me forgot to grab a landmark. As it looks like most of those sims have moved/shifted around, I genuinely can't tell now. We're talking at least a year or two ago.

All I know is the bikes looked insanely detailed and realistic with tons of animations, features, HUDs, controls, dodads, thinggiemabobs, bike stuff... I'm not really much into autos in RL so, ya know, LOL. They had a TON of models out on display in all kinds of designs and colors and you'd rez the model you wanted to test drive out on the track and play around for as long as you wanted. 

I never considered the possibility of running across nasty orbs or bouncing ban lines because my intention was to maybe join a motorcycle club with my friends that had its own riding sims (they introduced me to some super nice people who ran one), but still - dem sim crossings would still be an issue even without having to worry about restricted spaces. Didn't seem worth the investment for me (I can't even remember the prices now).

I do need to clean up my landmarks, I have a lot of duplicates and probably a lot of them that take me somewhere else. Lol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Even though their Worldwide headquarters is local, nope!

More like "CLEAR!" is what they shout on TV before defibrillating you.

oops

Sorry. I'd forgotten the HQ is there.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

oops

Sorry. I'd forgotten the HQ is there.

Usedta be, you'd see recruiting kiosks at the mall. And downtown near HQ, all these positive vibe young people rushing to/fro in suits. 

Hey, that's it! Recruiting stations for SL in RL malls! Just don't tell them about orbs.

What I'd like to remark on is that considering the nature of the topic and despite 37 pages of spirited discussion, it was all reasonably civil, mostly on topic and didn't have to get the usual locks or warnings as far as I can tell.

Good job everyone, maybe that is the most significant takeaway of all.

cake.thumb.jpeg.84d07eb534bfd1df118a0a502235ed54.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This is so me. Once I log in, I'm immediately in a build/design/create mindset. I very, very rarely build out in public unless I have to rez something beyond my current prim limit (usually a furnished house I want to take apart), in which case I head over to Builder's Brewery long enough to dismantle the house, grab all the furniture and bits I need out of it, and head back home to organize everything in the inventory. And forget photography in public. Not happening! I spend hours setting up my more involved shots anyway.

My home is my creative studio space, so yeah, I rarely welcome people into it unless they're very close friends who don't mind me being zoomed in on something for the entire time they're chilling out there. Even having buddies there is kind of distracting at times, but I don't want to be a TOTAL brat.

I can't imagine trying to create in peace on ground-level Mainland, though. It would never even occur to me to try that.

Yeah, the best fit are those who are building too.

A surprise visitor once laughed about rocks, plants, and waterfall streams moving around them as we spoke in a nature scene. I almost can't help myself -- must fiddle with a surrounding scene!

• Like 1

• Moles
1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

What I'd like to remark on is that considering the nature of the topic and despite 37 pages of spirited discussion, it was all reasonably civil, mostly on topic and didn't have to get the usual locks or warnings as far as I can tell.

Good job everyone, maybe that is the most significant takeaway of all.

cake.thumb.jpeg.84d07eb534bfd1df118a0a502235ed54.jpeg

Since people seem agreed the thread has run its course, I'm closing it.   Thanks everyone.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.