HELP!!!!

Heart Brimmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today, I logged on and I am severely RUTHED. I cannot do a character test and I cannot put my shape or skin on because it says that I have to wait for clothing and shape to load. I know there have been other threads about this, but I cannot find them. If someone can please tell me what I need to do to make myself normal again, I would greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Heart

What odd is that your character test isn't working since it does not need to load.  If that doesn't work, I would try to clear your cache again then try to character test.

Sounds pretty severe in your case as the character test has always been the final when everything else didn't work.

However, when trying to build I had a ton of bounce backs adjustments. You know, where you adjust something and it keeps bouncing back to where you had it?

It's looking like we are nearing another major asset outage as this has been getting worse recently.  They really need to get away from the Amazon cloud and find a more reliable storage solution.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It only rarely happens items/shapes/skins dissapear permanently.

Take some measures like clearing your cache (as Heart mentioned.), but do nothing more. You have a major chance your Avatar will be fixed anytime soon and you have messed up your character by taking off all its items etc.

Also try logging in through a different viewer/pc, it may put some values to default/reload your avatar.

First, clear your cache. Log in to a sim like Smith or Pooley. Press Recent (assuming you use viewer 2) in your inventory sidebar and wait for the inventory to load fully. Then try to wear what you normally wear, or try a character test.

Then try to reset your modem and router by unplugging them for a minute or so, plug back in and let a connection establish before trying to log in again.

If you are on a wireless connection you could try connecting using a cable.

- Luc -

I did let all my inventory load, tried the character test, 3 times and still nothing, I have no shape on, no skin, no clothes because I keep getting the message that nothing can be done until shape and clothing loads. This has never happened to me in the 3 years I've been on SL. The thing is I was fine when I logged in this morning, I tp'd someplace and when I tp'd home, that's when it happened. I have no huds on, nothing, it's as if everything got taken off somehow and the only thing I have on is my hair and a tube top. LOL.Doesn't really matter, because you cannot see any body parts whatsoever. I am at a loss as to what to do now...sigh

Heart

Hi Heart. I'm not sure it is going to help to unplug from the wall and plug back in again. I thought you were at a place where you had control of the modem and router, but in a hotel you don't (obviously).

Chances are, either that the connection is not very strong and shared by all guests at the hotel causing the inventory to take a really long time to load, or that the hotel's firewall is blocking the port needed to load the inventory.

I'm not sure whether Phoenix loads inventory items over http, which I think would help in the latter case. The latest viewer 2 use the http protocol to load inventory. You could try v. 2 to see if it helps, perhaps?

- Luc -

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Charolotte, which folder do I delete? Cache folder?

Hello Heart. If you use only Phoenix you must to delete 2 folders:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife

If you have installed more than 1 viewers in your computer/ laptop even you use them occasionally you must to do that for all of them.

For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Heart, are you in the Phoenix users group?  If not, it's a great resourse.  I think it's now called something like Phoenix/Firestorm Users Group.  Anyway, do a search inworld and think about joining if you haven't, and you can IM your question to the group.  They're very helpful, I've seen numerous questions about being Ruthed, and there's usually a moderator there who knows a lot.

Good luck!

I had this happen to me once...it was caused by an item called the Ruth hair fix that I just could not get rid of. 

I used another  viewer to log in and then changed all my clothes, hair, shape...everything.  Deleted the Ruth hair fix item.  Then I was able to log back in and look fine with my normal viewer (I use Phoenix and logged in with Kirstens to fix the problem)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.