All my old stuff in inventory have gone, folders are there, but no items or photos!! HELP!

KristalTear Whitfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I've been playing this game since 2007 and this is my 1st time I've crossed a problem and don't know how to resolve it myself. Loads and loads of my items from my inventory have gone, all the folders are there, but all empty, I've lost screenshots, textures, objects, furniture, plants, things that I have had for years and others that I bought like 2 days ago, so I need some help with this. I'm sad totally because of all the photos that have disvanished. My acc is KristalTear Whitfield. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Hello Kristal Whitfield. Try to clear your cache manually and see if that helps:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Log out and delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Have in your mind that if you clear your cache manually you will lost all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

If you have more that 1 viewers installed in your computer, you must to do it for all following the same paths in your hard disk.

For example C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

After that relog in a protected region without lag like Smith for example. If you can't choose it, in your log in screen give the command:Menu Me--> Preferences --> General tab --> Enable "Show on login" --> OK

Open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. That means you get back, you download your inventory from the beginning. Until downloading finishes you avoid to do something else, like teleporting. im's, moving etc. Also avoid to run other applications, even a web browser.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi, I am going to give you the standard answer which usually works. You need to manually clear your cache. For whatever reason, your inventory is not loading from the servers to you.

To clear cache first enable view hidden folders by going to your control panel, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders.
Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.
Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.
Go back to control panel, folder options, view, don't show hidden files and folders.
Restart your computer.
Open your inventory recent tab and wait for it to stop fetching.

Once your inventory has completely loaded, you should see everything there. In the instructions I just gave you, if you are using Phoenix or some other viewer, unless you have substituted the default location for the cache, substitute SecondLife with Phoenix or whatever viewer you are using.

• Like 1

If you have followed the excellent advice from Angel and Charolotte and still can't find your missing objects, file a support ticket as soon as you can.  A friend of mine was recently able to recover over 90,000 lost inventory items with the support team's help, so miraculous recoveries do happen.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.