Linden Homes to private land with no tier

Johnny Giotto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Me and my wife have an alt each. Both have Premium accounts. So.... would it be feasible to find private land for sale that is 4096 and ask if they can be split up into 4 parcels?
This way we would still avoid paying any tier and just have a one off cost up front.

There is another way you can do this on mainland... this wont work for Linden homes but does work for mainland. Deed the property to a group, have all 4 premium alts in the group and each alt donates 1024 land allowance to the group. Then get the parcel and deed to group. This makes you have a 4096 parcel with zero tier. There is no need to split the parcel into 4 pieces.

If you are unsure of the logistics of how to do that, you can use the chat support and they can talk you through it. It was a long time ago when I did that, and I dont remember the steps of the how-to, but I do know it is possible cuz I did it myself.

I used to do that on mainland with a large parcel for a store, financed my multiple alts. I no longer have that parcel, so now my alts each have a linden home.

Good Luck and enjoy your larger parcel :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

There is another way you can do this on mainland... this wont work for Linden homes but does work for mainland. Deed the property to a group, have all 4 premium alts in the group and each alt donates 1024 land allowance to the group. Then get the parcel and deed to group. This makes you have a 4096 parcel with zero tier. There is no need to split the parcel into 4 pieces.

If you are unsure of the logistics of how to do that, you can use the chat support and they can talk you through it. It was a long time ago when I did that, and I dont remember the steps of the how-to, but I do know it is possible cuz I did it myself.

I used to do that on mainland with a large parcel for a store, financed my multiple alts. I no longer have that parcel, so now my alts each have a linden home.

Good Luck and enjoy your larger parcel :)

Thanks Teresa, I like your thinking and great to know it is possible to do in an even better way. 👍

• Like 1

You also get the group benefit of 10% more land without paying tier for it. I do not remember if it is 408 or 409 m added to 4096 m.

But finding a parcel with just the correct size is very hard.

You can look for small parcels of abandoned land in the same region and send a ticket to LL, asking LL to let you buy it for the group. Your group can own the additional 10% land in other regions too, but then you have to use the tiny amount of land impact in that other region. In the same region, it is all added together. You do not need to have land on the border of your big plot, but both have to be in the same region. You can leave the small 10% bonus parcel empty and use the Li in your big parcel.

I hope I said it correctly.

Make sure each avatar (you, your wife + alts) deed land to the group first, and buy land for that group. If you buy it in you or your wife's name and start to make a group and deed to group after, you will have to pay 1 months rent for that land, even if it was a single owner for a tiny amount of time.

So the correct way is making a group (It cost 100L last I checked) all your 4 avatars donate the land to the group, and then buy land for that group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You also get the group benefit of 10% more land without paying tier for it. I do not remember if it is 408 or 409 m added to 4096 m.

But finding a parcel with just the correct size is very hard.

You can look for small parcels of abandoned land in the same region and send a ticket to LL, asking LL to let you buy it for the group. Your group can own the additional 10% land in other regions too, but then you have to use the tiny amount of land impact in that other region. In the same region, it is all added together. You do not need to have land on the border of your big plot, but both have to be in the same region. You can leave the small 10% bonus parcel empty and use the Li in your big parcel.

I hope I said it correctly.

Make sure each avatar (you, your wife + alts) deed land to the group first, and buy land for that group. If you buy it in you or your wife's name and start to make a group and deed to group after, you will have to pay 1 months rent for that land, even if it was a single owner for a tiny amount of time.

So the correct way is making a group (It cost 100L last I checked) all your 4 avatars donate the land to the group, and then buy land for that group.

Thank you so much Marianne, another great tip I was unaware of.
We can use our existing group I presume?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

I think we might be waiting a long time as our desired place would be on the seafront with the ability to sail on open seas.
I never see these on the auctions. 

Honestly, I would haunt the map for parcels for sale.  Also, contact the owner of parcels you are interested in; if they have been for sale for a while, offer a price that works for you.  It sometimes works; I grabbed an offer when I was ready to sell up and leave an old Nautilus parcel and was happy to get the price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

I think we might be waiting a long time as our desired place would be on the seafront with the ability to sail on open seas.
I never see these on the auctions. 

There is a large parcel available next to me on Mainland - we border Rosedale sim which is amazing sailable, sunset - search for Rosedale, the area is lovely. I only have a 512 there but still, worth the view

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Honestly, I would haunt the map for parcels for sale.  Also, contact the owner of parcels you are interested in; if they have been for sale for a while, offer a price that works for you.  It sometimes works; I grabbed an offer when I was ready to sell up and leave an old Nautilus parcel and was happy to get the price.

Thank Leora, that is a good tip 🙂

• Like 2

If you find a smaller parcel on water, but with abandoned land in the same region, consider buying the smaller parcel. You can create a support ticket to ask for just as much of the abandoned as you want, usually at $L 1/ square meter. Your land impact can then be pooled, so it doesn't matter which parcels actually has the objects in them.  You might end up with a bigger parcel that's the right size and shape for you house, and a smaller parcel on the water for your boat dock. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If you find a smaller parcel on water, but with abandoned land in the same region, consider buying the smaller parcel. You can create a support ticket to ask for just as much of the abandoned as you want, usually at $L 1/ square meter. Your land impact can then be pooled, so it doesn't matter which parcels actually has the objects in them.  You might end up with a bigger parcel that's the right size and shape for you house, and a smaller parcel on the water for your boat dock. 

That is great to know Persephone, thank you. That opens up more possibilities.

• Like 3

I have to say the tips here on buying land, as a Linden Home owner, have been really really good.
We joined SL in 2006 but left in 2008/2009 as we had got together and married in 2013.
So we are a bit in the dark on a lot of things now.
sorting out new bodies was a minefield all by itself 🤣

If anyone has any more tips to share then please keep them coming.
To those who have already shared then a big thank you to you 👍❤️

• Like 6

Nautilus is "the" continent for sailing. Home of the famous Blake Sea. You can see that on the prices too.

Search "Jetsam" on the map and teleport over, you should be in the middle of the Blake sea. Open the map and explore. To the West from there is Nautilus City, a long straight canal East-West ending in a circle canal, the "Citadel".

In the North West of Nautilus, it is a waterway open to Corsica, that may be a place with less mad prices. But the further you move from the Blake Sea, the harder it can be to navigate there.

It can be really fun to find all the water locations for sale and see if you find something you like. Make sure you can sail where you want from the location.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Make sure you can sail where you want from the location.

Yes, especially that; sometimes a water route that seems open is actually blocked.  As for updating your appearances, relax; I probably change clothes twice a year in SL, maybe three times.  Nobody has ever said, "Ewwwwwwwwwwww, you wore that last month!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Nautilus is "the" continent for sailing. Home of the famous Blake Sea. You can see that on the prices too.

Search "Jetsam" on the map and teleport over, you should be in the middle of the Blake sea. Open the map and explore. To the West from there is Nautilus City, a long straight canal East-West ending in a circle canal, the "Citadel".

In the North West of Nautilus, it is a waterway open to Corsica, that may be a place with less mad prices. But the further you move from the Blake Sea, the harder it can be to navigate there.

It can be really fun to find all the water locations for sale and see if you find something you like. Make sure you can sail where you want from the location.

Thanks Mariane, I will definitely check that out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Yes, especially that; sometimes a water route that seems open is actually blocked.  As for updating your appearances, relax; I probably change clothes twice a year in SL, maybe three times.  Nobody has ever said, "Ewwwwwwwwwwww, you wore that last month!!"

Good point Leora. As for the other thing, it was the change in body types, BOM etc that took me a while to get my head around. On the other hand we missed the 2nd change I believe.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

Good point Leora. As for the other thing, it was the change in body types, BOM etc that took me a while to get my head around.

Don't feel bad about that.  I don't understand BOM, actually it seems to be fact that more folks globally understand quantum physics than understand BOM!  🤕

• Haha 6

For a good sailing areas, also consider the North and North-East coasts of Sansara, the South coast of Heterocera, and the South and West coasts of Satori. Check for sailable passages, but as Bellisseria continues to grow there may "soon" be sailable water from the North-East coast of Sansara through the Bellisseria lands to Satori. Many of the small islands and coasts in Bellisseria have nice public spaces to explore. Between the North coast of Sansara and South coast of Heterocera there is also an open water passage. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

as Bellisseria continues to grow there may "soon" be sailable water from the North-East coast of Sansara through the Bellisseria lands to Satori. Many of the small islands and coasts in Bellisseria have nice public spaces to explore. 

There is already sailable water all the way from the south coast of Sansara to Satori - you do have to go ALL around the Loghomes south coast, to get up to the stilts, but totally do-able.  And, there is a road path from the port in Sansara up to near bay city - it connects with a water path there that goes all the way to Heterocera.

I should add some ideas for the Belli parts of that route to that thread.  There are wonderful stopping places in Kuga (the Galaxy, river to Fourze Lake, etc.), Campwich Forest & Porthole (mer alert!), Rigamarole, Bridle Path ....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

There is already sailable water all the way from the south coast of Sansara to Satori - you do have to go ALL around the Loghomes south coast, to get up to the stilts, but totally do-able.  And, there is a road path from the port in Sansara up to near bay city - it connects with a water path there that goes all the way to Heterocera.

[snip]

I should add some ideas for the Belli parts of that route to that thread.  There are wonderful stopping places in Kuga (the Galaxy, river to Fourze Lake, etc.), Campwich Forest & Porthole (mer alert!), Rigamarole, Bridle Path ....

Yes, and check out the passage from Rigamarole south to the Fantasy Home lands!  The sharks might not attack, but the waves can push you back if you're moving slowly.

• Like 2

In terms of sailing land directly connected to Blake is always expensive. Wildly so in some cases.

You can always find land on a coast for a nice home, and simply teleport to one of the many yacht clubs on Blake and rezz your boat there on a public rezz dock to go sailing, then take it back into inventory when done.

The other option is simply rent. For the 1200 stipend you're getting with four accounts you can easily rent a waterside parcel for sailing with direct access to Blake. That's what I've done now after selling my 1/4 sim off.

I have enough prims on my rented 4096 parcel for my little island and sailboat, my gallery up in the sky, a small skybox for my male alt, and one skybox for a friend of mine.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.