My account was hacked. My all inventory was cleared out. Is it possible to get an inventory rollback? Please, everything has been deleted there. :-((

JTravoltas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Missing inventory is generally not the result of hacking, but rather of some glitch in the system. Read these for recovery ideas…

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

Since it appears you’ve lost everything (you likely actually lost nothing), inventory cache clearing is probably the solution you’ll want. Both links contain instructions for doing that.

Goodl luck!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 6

Wait just a moment.

You say your account was hacked. Do you say this just because of the missing inventory? Or do you know for certain that your account was actually hacked? I mean, somebody got in and changed your password, took all your $L, stuff like that? Or you checked your log in times and found your account was logged in at a time when you were not using it? Or your chat logs showed that your avatar talked to people and did things that you know you did not do?

If it's just the missing inventory, relax. Your account wasn't hacked, and the advice everyone is giving you about recovering inventory is good. (Oh...and also make sure you are looking in the right tab of your inventory (Inventory, nor Recent!), and that you don't have it set to filter almost everything out).

But if you WERE hacked, and whoever got access to your account actually emptied your inventory...you'll need to file a support case, and also call the Fraud Hotline at 800-860-6990. If they took your $L, checking your transaction log could give you a clue as to who it was; follow the money.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.