Login failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong.

I've been trying to log into SL for the last two days and I keep getting this error message.  I don't know what happened.  I didn't change any settings or anything.  I was able to log in fine with no issues at all until 2 days ago.  

I've tried:

Resetting the modem and router

Changing the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Restarting my computer

Checking my network and firewall settings

Seriously, this is starting to upset me a great deal because it just happened so suddenly.  Everything was fine up until 2 days ago.  Please, help me.  Anyone.

cfeda5d1d20a47a0dc86808351b45d7e.png

• Lindens

Some things to try: 

Probably most important, try the browser lookup of the login page.  If you get a 'Reference ID' on the page, take that and file a support ticket with the information.  However problem may clear on its own after a cool-down period.

2 hours ago, Monty Linden said:

Some things to try: 

Probably most important, try the browser lookup of the login page.  If you get a 'Reference ID' on the page, take that and file a support ticket with the information.  However problem may clear on its own after a cool-down period.

Problem has been solved.  Turns out it was the ISP that had a port blocking service active on my internet account called 'CGNet' that blocks access to certain websites and servers.  Turns out SL was one of those things.

Thank you for helping, though.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

It is often likely to be just a temporary hiccup with the data exchange. Firstly, simply try logging in to a different region, and see if that works. A nice, quiet region is best - somewhere like Hatton, a Linden water region.

If that doesn't work, come back to us with all your details from your viewer's top bar menu - Help -> About [viewername], copied/pasted into a post  here. We might well be able to help further when we know what we're dealing with!

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

This often happens when things are not quite right at your end. Assuming the status page was not flagging up anything wrong, firstly reboot both your computer and your router, then try logging in again. Next, try logging into a different region. Linden water regions are a good choice. Try something like HATTON.

If this doesn't work, let us see your system details by going to your viewer's top bar menus HELP -> ABOUT [viewername] and copy/past all of that page into a post here. If you need to, you can delete anything you consider to be confidential before posting. These details may or may not help, but it can often reveal some usual suspects, and we will get to know which viewer (and version) you are using.

P.S.

If you aren't logged in, there will not be anything "confidential" shown. It is really only your location, that will be shown when logged in. that you might not want to be known.

Edited by Odaks
spelling; afterthought.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same error since a week that I can't find what is wrong in my configuration. I haven't changed any settings, it just happened suddenly.
I can't log into any Second Life account, with any viewer. And I rule out that it is a problem with my account since I was able to log in normally from a relative's house. Now it seems more strange to me that other people present the same error.
I didn't get a specific solution from support... If anyone knows exactly how to fix this, please explain what the error is so we can at least google a solution.image.png.6d24166426f8b21ce2d7ca3a2a3b4409.png

@Aimena  your issue seems specific to either your location or your computer.  Were you logging in at a relative's house using your own  computer (a laptop I assume)?

If so I would suspect your router or the WiFi signal it produces.  Can you go hard-wired at your home address?  That would be worth a try.

Simply turning of the router unplugging it for AT LEAST 2 minutes then rebooting it may help. 

ISPs do make changes to individual connections at times and with WiFi even moving the furniture in your house can interrupt the signal, it is THAT flaky!

46 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

@Aimena  su problema parece específico de su ubicación o de su computadora. ¿Estabas iniciando sesión en la casa de un pariente usando tu propia computadora (supongo que una computadora portátil)?

Si es así, sospecharía de su enrutador o de la señal WiFi que produce. ¿Puedes conectarte a la dirección de tu casa? Eso valdría la pena intentarlo.

Simplemente apagar el enrutador, desenchufarlo durante AL MENOS 2 minutos y luego reiniciarlo puede ayudar. 

Los ISP hacen cambios en las conexiones individuales a veces y con WiFi, incluso mover los muebles de su casa puede interrumpir la señal, ¡es TAN raro!

Thanks for your answer. In my house I have 3 desktop computers that I tried to log in with multiple accounts and they all had the same error. I was able to log into a different computer at a different address. I really don't know what to do anymore, the only thing I haven't tried yet is to call my internet provider.

• Lindens
3 hours ago, Aimena said:

I really don't know what to do anymore, the only thing I haven't tried yet is to call my internet provider.

• Open https://login.agni.lindenlab.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi in a browser on the computer with the problem.
  • That will fail with an error.  Look for a 'Reference ID' or 'Reference #' somewhere on the error page.
  • Take that ID to support and that should help.  (This kind of problem will clear eventually.)
  • If you do not see such an ID, the problem is elsewhere and the answer starts with the SecondLife.log file.
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

This error is *****. never encountered it before in 9 years but now all of a sudden i can't log in, the second i click login the error message appears, it doesn't even attempt to log me in. 

I've restarted my PC and my router, deleted saved logins but nothing works it just an instant error, i also clicked that link above and got an error message, I have no idea what to do or even if this is on my end.

.image.png.280331c854dabe8e196ff708928862db.pngimage.png.a73c2eb4f1ad91ac5ea6b5b1d4545819.png

7 hours ago, DaJessica said:

This error is *****. never encountered it before in 9 years but now all of a sudden i can't log in, the second i click login the error message appears, it doesn't even attempt to log me in. 

I've restarted my PC and my router, deleted saved logins but nothing works it just an instant error, i also clicked that link above and got an error message, I have no idea what to do or even if this is on my end.

.image.png.280331c854dabe8e196ff708928862db.pngimage.png.a73c2eb4f1ad91ac5ea6b5b1d4545819.png

I did not get answers from the support, what I could understand is that my IP cannot connect to the SL server and they recommended that I change my IP. I never had connection problems in all these years that I use the SL platform. Now it seems very strange to me that other people have the same problem and that there is no logical explanation that explains why this error occurs. I was able to enter second life with the help of a friend, I had to download an application that allows you to navigate with a private network, I don't know what that means. The bad thing is that my connection is not stable and the Launcher restarts every 5 minutes. If you want to do a test you can download it, I leave it as an image below.

Screenshot_9.png

• Thanks 1

• Lindens

8 hours ago, DaJessica said:

That Reference # code changes every time the page is refreshed and this "bug" has been going for 4 hours now and it hasn't cleared.

Take one or more of those Reference #'s (fresh, if possible) and include them in a support ticket.

1 hour ago, Aimena said:

I did not get answers from the support, what I could understand is that my IP cannot connect to the SL server and they recommended that I change my IP.

Using a VPN is one way.  Another that may work is having your cable modem/fiber box/router renegotiate a new IP address from your ISP.  Both of these can fail for various reasons.

On 5/2/2023 at 5:37 AM, Aimena said:

I did not get answers from the support, what I could understand is that my IP cannot connect to the SL server and they recommended that I change my IP. I never had connection problems in all these years that I use the SL platform. Now it seems very strange to me that other people have the same problem and that there is no logical explanation that explains why this error occurs. I was able to enter second life with the help of a friend, I had to download an application that allows you to navigate with a private network, I don't know what that means. The bad thing is that my connection is not stable and the Launcher restarts every 5 minutes. If you want to do a test you can download it, I leave it as an image below.

Thanks, that stuff (1.1.1.1 programm) helped 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/26/2023 at 12:21 AM, Odaks said:

It is often likely to be just a temporary hiccup with the data exchange. Firstly, simply try logging in to a different region, and see if that works. A nice, quiet region is best - somewhere like Hatton, a Linden water region.

If that doesn't work, come back to us with all your details from your viewer's top bar menu - Help -> About [viewername], copied/pasted into a post  here. We might well be able to help further when we know what we're dealing with!

Good luck!

Firestorm 6.6.14 (69596) Aug  1 2023 13:18:08 (64bit / SSE2) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (2592 MHz)
Memory: 16197 MB (Used: 462 MB)
Concurrency: 12
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 21996.1)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 6144 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 31.0.15.3209
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 532.09

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1l zlib/1.2.11.zlib-ng nghttp2/1.40.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v8.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.02.15
Dullahan: 1.12.4.202209142021
  CEF: 91.1.21+g9dd45fe+chromium-91.0.4472.114
  Chromium: 91.0.4472.114
LibVLC Version: 3.0.16
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x991 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 96 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High-Ultra (6/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: Dynamic (512 MB min / 10% Cache / 10% VRAM)
Disk cache: Max size 2048.0 MB (70.0% used)
Built with MSVC version 1935
October 03 2023 04:51:41 SLT