Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

Delight of the Week (because sometimes it be like that): Finding out (well, getting confirmation, really) that THE actual Robin Wood, the lady who did cover art for Dragon Magazine, and D&D books and stuff, and created the Robin Wood Tarot, is the same lady who made my SL character's awesome saddle Oxford shoes.

It's as neato as finding out that it really was Ursula K. LeGuin on Ursula K. LeGuin's SL account.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Delight of the Week (because sometimes it be like that): Finding out (well, getting confirmation, really) that THE actual Robin Wood, the lady who did cover art for Dragon Magazine, and D&D books and stuff, and created the Robin Wood Tarot, is the same lady who made my SL character's awesome saddle Oxford shoes.

It's as neato as finding out that it really was Ursula K. LeGuin on Ursula K. LeGuin's SL account.

Somehow I knew that, maybe cuz I was studying tarot when I discovered SL back in 2007. So many beautiful souls who were here once....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Somehow I knew that, maybe cuz I was studying tarot when I discovered SL back in 2007. So many beautiful souls who were here once....

I know it'd be silly of me to just assume people who have legendary status with me because of sci-fi cons wouldn't be in the same online platform I myself hang out on, but yeah, I think the logical disconnect was just my own failure to put 2 & 2 together because paganism, pixel people, and vintage footwear hadn't yet merged in my consciousness as being related, at least not all together like that.

I kinda figured it was her, but then I wasn't sure until I visited her website (which is still up) and saw her links to her SL stuff. I had even done stuff with her skin textures before, but it's kinda like how there's a woodworker with the same name, and you never know if they even know who else has their name.

I forget sometimes, also, how many people who like to be on the cutting edge of art, fiction, and other entertainments like to be on the cutting edge of technology, too. And then end up staying, even when the mainstream herd leaves to follow the hypewagon.

But then, all the really cool people end up here eventually.

*is only half-joking about that*

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 5

Time for today's pet delights, and while I am at it, thank you for indulging my need for pet delights, despite how unreasonable it may be to demand positivity. I'm a very unreasonable person, anyone who knows me will tell you this.

Just don't ever get me drunk or leave yourself alone in a room with me if positivity isn't your bag, because I will shamelessly dump an entire planet's worth on you, without consent, and expect you to take it all. My friends have, on more than one occasion, threatened to make me ride in the trunk, or sleep in a closet. I've been left on a porch or two before as well.

Now, on to today's pet delights.

Duck Game, FTW!  Also, limp and lifeless mode, because oh boy, 2+ hours of tryin to get through this level, lmao.

IMG_20231208_213681.thumb.jpg.e3614a1546561e62722ff921dea1187e.jpg

Also

IMG_20231209_213685.thumb.jpg.d687f50425cf952881eb58d276fb35f0.jpg

Because, duh, candy, and delicious candy at that!

I have other pet delights, but they aren't sl forums friendly. It has been a lovely weekend, my favorite kind. The night, however, is not yet over, neither is the weekend. I'm killing time while I wait for slow pokes. 

• Like 4

Pet Delights:

The feeling of relief when the 40+ mph winds drop and the neighbourhood is completely silent. 

The electricity is still on after the extreme rain and wind.

All-milk coffee.

Fresh thick double cream and blueberries on porridge. 

My all-you-can-read newspaper/magazine subscription.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

Aw man, Fun Dip... I didn't even know they still made that stuff...

Now I want some.

Oh they do, not this particular flavor with any amount of regularity that I know of though. They may not make this flavor at all anymore, for all I know. This is just one of the ones in my random snack box leftover from who knows when. My snack box has a lot of random stuff in it, lmao. This kind came in a pack that had mango powder with a tamarind, I think, stick too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Pet Delights:

The feeling of relief when the 40+ mph winds drop and the neighbourhood is completely silent. 

The electricity is still on after the extreme rain and wind.

All-milk coffee.

Fresh thick double cream and blueberries on porridge. 

My all-you-can-read newspaper/magazine subscription.

I hope there is no lasting damage where you are from the storm, and everyone is safe and sound!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Heck, my pets wake me up between 1am-3am! For a walk!!

Back when we had Huskies, they wouldn't even sleep inside during warm weather.  Since we had a huge backyard, they occupied themselves quite well in the early morning hours.  Even in the winter, when they woke up early, they'd still just run to the back door.  We never had to do walks early.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This morning's pet delight, I slept in until 9 today. Granted, I didn't go to bed until after 4, but it still counts! 

Today I have some Christmasy sort of things to go do and see later. I also need to go to the store. I already changed the oil in my car so that's done. I might take her through the car wash while I'm out, just for fun, she's looking a little on the dirty side. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Back when we had Huskies, they wouldn't even sleep inside during warm weather.  Since we had a huge backyard, they occupied themselves quite well in the early morning hours.  Even in the winter, when they woke up early, they'd still just run to the back door.  We never had to do walks early.

Yes, well..my huskies are spoiled for walks! The door and yard are always open to them, but they still want walks. Mostly Cinnamon lately (poor Turbo!), but I walk them both if they want, even if they were outside all night. Cinnamon will come and lay down with me, and lick my face as her way to ask for a walk; the next stage is cry/howling..

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

Last Sunday I was ready to start again at the beginning of the Bible (I read each time round in a different translation) but when I looked for my NIV I found that I didn't have the eyesight of the 1980s, when I bought it.  So I ordered a larger print version, which arrived the next day, much to my surprise and delight.  Of course I thanked God for that, and it's been very easy on my old eyes.  Also, on its cover is a reproduction of Henry Moore's peaceful 1853 painting of Grasmere with a quotation from Psalm 23.  I'm very happy with it. :) 

• Like 6

Today's pet delight, is friends. Not just any friends though, the best kind who know you need them even when you don't know you need them. 

It's a particularly rough anniversary, and a generally rough time of year for me anyway. My struggles are magnified and more than a bit of an issue-which could be a peeve, but it's not, because that's just life now isn't it? They just always know exactly what I need, even when I don't know what I need. They're very good at filling in the blanks I don't know exist. 

Also, no school tomorrow, which means no worries tonight, and someone sent me this. I've seen it before, but it's just as hilarious today as it's always been. The answer is yes, yes we do. 

Czy4VeAuYoS-png__700.jpg.fb380f67f0c8b58f0d6b0cb439a32f80.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Today's pet delight, I am puppy sitting for a friend for a few weeks. Derp is enjoying the companion, and I am enjoying watching derp enjoy the companion. This is exactly what my heart of hearts needed today, truly some warm fuzzies in all their barking, running, tearing things apart, chewing, jumping, and slobbering glory.

I've already found a toy in a shoe and nearly closed a pupper in a closet, lmao. 

• Like 5