Weird Pop-Up

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to TP into an event which is full at the moment x3 

I am casually trying only so no hammer or such, while having morning tea and cat cuddles lol

And suddenly an only for one try this one popped up

7e802398830ed2ef55bb9edc9a48449c.png

I never saw this before and it looks rather like a scam or even dangerous the names of the "experiences" sounding rather fishy and non legit xD And I wonder if this is a way how some people that say they got hacked without clicking links etc. gave their PW away without knowing?

Or its a totally legit thing ...but with those names ...not for cake I amallowing those even if legit xD

Anyone else ever saw something like this? Never had this kind of popup while trying to TP somewhere, and the next try to TP there was the normal "The destination...is full blah" message as usual.

This can happen with things such as the MetaHarper Show Tools
In the above instance the "Experience" is automated cameras timed specifically
to capture certain sequences of a live, inworld dance performance, presented
for a sizeable crowd.

Experiences were introduced some time ago but the above is my only personal interaction with them.
I would do a lot more research before clicking anything quite frankly.
My example comes from a very trusted dance troupe who have always been some of the most prolific
creators of live performance art since SL began.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is entirely legit.

An experience grants scripts additional powers, like being able to teleport you about - typically used for portals you just walking into, or attach a needed HUD that goes away when you leave. 

It can't do anything nefarious, it can't get your password, there really shouldn't be any need for the SCARY popup asking for permission.

People don't get their passwords hacked, they visit links like the following ...

http://makretplace.secondlife.obviouslyascam.some.random.domain.com/evilevilevilevil

.. see a fake second life login page and then without even thinking enter their details.

It's really important when you find yourself prompted to enter login details that you are on the website you think you are on

EG

marketplace.secondlife.evil.com is actually part of evil.com and nothing to do with SL at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You get those when an experience has been enabled for that region. If you don't accept you don't get in. 

I only ever had this kinda thing AFTER I actually TPd somewhere so yeah thats a new one for me to get before I am even TPd ^^

8 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

This can happen with things such as the MetaHarper Show Tools
In the above instance the "Experience" is automated cameras timed specifically
to capture certain sequences of a live, inworld dance performance, presented
for a sizeable crowd.

Experiences were introduced some time ago but the above is my only personal interaction with them.
I would do a lot more research before clicking anything quite frankly.
My example comes from a very trusted dance troupe who have always been some of the most prolific
creators of live performance art since SL began.

Yes from dance troupes I know this too ^ ^ thank you for the nice answer ❤️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I only ever had this kinda thing AFTER I actually TPd somewhere so yeah thats a new one for me to get before I am even TPd ^^

I ran across two or three a couple of years ago that if you didn't accept the experience you weren't allowed to TP in. Last one was probably over a year ago. It's pretty rare. Usually a game or RP sim. 

Oh the heck with trying to remember to type region instead of sim! 

• Like 3

This happens when a region is set to no public access, but has experiences in the regions Key Experiences list, which override no public access as long as you allow any of the experiences listed in the dialog.

If you allow one of the experiences, teleport into the region, then Block or Forget the experience, you'll be auto-teleported back out.

This is the only reason why anyone should use Key Experiences instead of assigning them to the region's Allowed Experiences list.

The latter will not override the region's no public access setting.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

This happens when a region is set to no public access, but has experiences in the regions Key Experiences list, which override no public access as long as you allow any of the experiences listed in the dialog.

If you allow one of the experiences, teleport into the region, then Block or Forget the experience, you'll be auto-teleported back out.

This is the only reason why anyone should use Key Experiences instead of assigning them to the region's Allowed Experiences list.

The latter will not override the region's no public access setting.

I knew it was all in the setup, just didn't know how to explain it so others would understand (including me lol).

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Yeah I kept getting it too when I was trying to auto-tp in.  The second I accepted, in immediately.

Funny thing is ...this was the only time of like 50 tries I got it...and I made it in without ever accepting 🤔and when I landed there I didn't get asked either ...but I noticed some part of the region seemed to have a stage on it and seats for some performance or such...and no one was on there so maybe that is the area that was closed and wanted this experience. But who knows ... XD 

5 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Funny thing is ...this was the only time of like 50 tries I got it...and I made it in without ever accepting 🤔and when I landed there I didn't get asked either ...but I noticed some part of the region seemed to have a stage on it and seats for some performance or such...and no one was on there so maybe that is the area that was closed and wanted this experience. But who knows ... XD 

That is because they finally turned on public access to the region.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

That is because they finally turned on public access to the region.

No. Simply no ;) I had this ONE time after like 20 trys and freinds already were in there and on both sims 90 other people ^^ whatever glitched its not the reason the event was not open to public then :) it was open for some hours already! Probably the regions were stressed from all the people using hammers as usual.

But I also think this topic got discussed now more already than it needs to be discussed lol So really thank you to everybody ❤️

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.