looking Affiliate vendors locations

Scarletfirethore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What you need to do is explore using the SL search for sims. Be sure you check the about land to see what the over all traffic is and how long it has been there. There is plenty of places that allows you a small prim rent to set up a mini shop. Be sure to gather the info on what you can or can't rezz down, make sure affiliate venders are allowed, some sim owners renting out a stall won't let you put down affiliate venders, they prefer you have your own created products there to insure the quality of products sold to it does not hurt their reputation,irritate other sellers.

1 hour ago, Scarletfirethore said:

Hello all 

I want to ask any of you know any good places to put down  Affiliate vendors in high traffic  sims. 

any ideas?

I've never once in 12+ years purchased from an affiliate vendor.  I had a friend who.set up several and made 0 sales.  YMMV but I'd prefer buying from the actual store as I think most people would.  Just be sure your initial investment will be worth the cost.

• Like 3

Back long ago (before mesh) affiliate vendors were very popular and I believed they worked out OK for some folks, by=ut as Rowan hints at :D it is unlikely that they will be viable in the current economy.  Even if you just want a shop in order to play "shop-keeper" it would likely be more productive and fun to start a shop with something you make yourself -- even it is isn't all that great to start out with.  Shapes, textures (from texture making software) tattoos and even texturing readymade mesh will likely get you more sales for the amount invested AND you will learn some skills along the way.  

Also note that many "high traffic sims" are not peopled by individuals behind screens --- hence you would not be targeting any potential buyers.  All important things to know.

Honestly I haven't seen anything about affiliate vendors mentioned here or anywhere really for years.  I hadn't though about them as I never go any places that have them.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scarletfirethore said:

I just want to be able to make linden off of Affiliate vendors

As has been said, the chances of you even making 1L from them is VERY VERY low. Not to mention you will have to pay for the land you put your vendors onto so in the end you will only LOOSE linden, not make them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scarletfirethore said:

I just want to be able to make linden off of Affiliate vendors

Be prepared to lose a lot of L$ if you are renting somewhere to host the vendors. the reality from having affiliate vendors rezzed myself when they were much more popular was i didn't make any money off them the only sales they got were me using them as a convenient way of not going to the stores inworld location to buy stuff

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.