Looking for a human avatar with a scrawny androgynous body (and possibly a matching head)

Kai Lyvingstone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a human avatar to run around with but I hate how like, ultra-feminine all the big ones in-world are. I'm looking for one that's just really plain and adrogynous (or like, feminine but without any curves -- seriously, not everyone wants an hourglass figure). I'm kind of completely lost when it comes to human avatars since I'm a furry 99% of the time, I have a Maitreya and that's it. It's overwhelming to try and look for parts because it's all for the same 4 avatars.

For my normal furry avatar I do still use the old Classic/system/whatever the term is Linden default body, so if there's maybe just some shapes out there, or parts instead of a whole avatar, that would be nice, too.

On that note, I'd also love to find a head that's very plain-looking without pouty lips or makeup or anything like that. Just something gender-neutral or super boring/plain female. I have absolutely no idea where to start looking.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kai Lyvingstone said:

I'm looking for a human avatar to run around with but I hate how like, ultra-feminine all the big ones in-world are. I'm looking for one that's just really plain and adrogynous (or like, feminine but without any curves -- seriously, not everyone wants an hourglass figure). I'm kind of completely lost when it comes to human avatars since I'm a furry 99% of the time, I have a Maitreya and that's it. It's overwhelming to try and look for parts because it's all for the same 4 avatars.

For my normal furry avatar I do still use the old Classic/system/whatever the term is Linden default body, so if there's maybe just some shapes out there, or parts instead of a whole avatar, that would be nice, too.

On that note, I'd also love to find a head that's very plain-looking without pouty lips or makeup or anything like that. Just something gender-neutral or super boring/plain female. I have absolutely no idea where to start looking.

The Maitreya body can be slimmed down quite a lot.  They have 2 add ons. I believe, to further flatten the chest.  The free genus strong head is still available.  Might be worth trying that one first.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Kai Lyvingstone said:

I've had decent luck shoving Maitreya into more neutral/male clothes on occasion. I just alpha, well, everything, and squeeze her into some male Mossu or Fe Style tops. For a less tricky option, there are places inworld like The Secret Store and AsteroidBox that have very nice clothes that come in Lara Flat, V-Tech, and/or Petite, for example. Slim Maitreya down a bit and try one or all of the addon demos, then go looking around for clothing made to fit them and demo those on top of it all.

The benefit with Maitreya is a lot of furry mods (legs, feet, tails, wings, paws, etc.) work well with it, too, so you won't really need to buy a whole new body or anything.

For heads, I really like some Lelutkas for a more neutral look. You can do a lot with River and Zora. Also check out their newer Inez and Halle heads. I'm mostly a Catwa girl, though, so I've had the most luck playing around with Freya and the HDPro Queen. Makeup is totally optional on all of those. That comes down to your skin choices, mostly.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Spelling
  • Like 1

There are also shape deformers on marketplace which should help flatten out the butt on the Maitreya. My non-binary alt wears Kalhene Analexa, which fits most Maitreya clothing and comes with a flat chest and boy bits out of the box; but yeah, if you already have Maitreya it's probably going to work out better just to get the add-ons. I think some of the Lelutkas were expressly designed to be more androgynous, as was the Freya head; I'm not sure whether Queen was but my alt rocks her anyway.

• Like 2

Kuroo has a "skinny guy" look, but as i've never actually demo'd it, I have no idea how well it's alphas would fit clothing, or which sizes for that matter. The creator rigs some things for it, but as far as mainstream bodies go, it's not really something you see out of the furry, or maybe anime community.

• Like 3

I actually wear male clothes rigged for Maitreya Flat, which has a bit less support but seems to work *much* better than V-Tech, since so few places rig "Petite" and I'd rather have no boobs than "normal" SL ones...

Plus, for the lack of options men have, they actually get a whole shirt when they buy something rather than the tattered remnants of what looks like it once *may* have been clothes that wouldn't be beyond embarrassing to be seen in public wearing.

• Like 4

I second Lelutka: Inez, Halle and River. River is sold as non-binary.

It is actually sold a bit of clothes for Maitreya Petite. I see it in demos and clothes I buy. You will have to look in many stores to find clothes, but it is not zero. COCO (Cocoro Lemon) has sold Petite for at least a year. Neve (coldLogic) has some tomboy clothes. They sell Petite too.

• Like 3

I don't like so much makeup, unless I create a "look". I am maybe plain, at least I feel like it if I go to stores like L'Etre/Doux and see the Kupra ones with lots of makeup and tattoos. This head has a bit more lips than you probably want. It is Lake with what I call makeup that could be work in RL. I can have shorter lashes than this.

Face untouched No editing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know the creator of the store Hotdog often has very distinct skinny avatars style in his work. Not sure if its the direction your looking for...

toothpickad.jpg?1524166140

But he might have some tips for you. I had inquired about his avatars when I first found his work a few years ago and he was kind enough to reply. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myntz Mysterious said:

I know the creator of the store Hotdog often has very distinct skinny avatars style in his work. Not sure if its the direction your looking for...

toothpickad.jpg?1524166140

But he might have some tips for you. I had inquired about his avatars when I first found his work a few years ago and he was kind enough to reply. 😄

Ooo, that's a good idea! I was admiring his shop a few weeks ago but didn't even think to ask him personally.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.