Extremely disappointed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I thought it was 5.. It may be different from sim to sim or something..

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought it only let 1-2 premium in..for this "perk" (when the "limit" was otherwise met).

The rules are as clear as mud, but here's the article that explains it. tl;dr, if a region is "full", then 10% more than the maximum can come in if they're premium.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

The rules are as clear as mud, but here's the article that explains it. tl;dr, if a region is "full", then 10% more than the maximum can come in if they're premium.

I never really looked it up myself, I was always too busy shopping.. hehehe

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That explains it. Welp. This basic account won't be bothering to even try to get in anymore. Bad enough to be ostracized in RL, I get it in SL, too. Screw that.

It really isn't as great as it might seem.  I've still had to wait a couple days to get into some events.  They could do away with it for all the good it does.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It really isn't as great as it might seem.  I've still had to wait a couple days to get into some events.  They could do away with it for all the good it does.

That's true, I think it used to be way better before events became so popular that so many shop them now and are just waiting to pounce on the next one..

There are people using hammers and all kinds of stuff to jam into sims, where before you could slide right into an event or sale pretty easily.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I don't think that's right, Alwin. The $L1,000 bonus is a one-time payment, that is paid after 45 days of continuous membership. So, as I see it, you could sign up for a month, cancel, then sign up again in the future, not cancel, and you'd get the bonus 45 days after you began your second go at Premium.

i'm not sure about it

Sign-up bonus

When you first register for a premium account, you'll receive a sign-up bonus of L$1,000 deposited directly into your Second Life account once your premium membership has been active for 45 consecutive days. Sign-up bonuses are only granted to an account the first time the account becomes a Premium member (and remains so for 45 days).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not a very good premium "Perk" as they go. Maybe better for something like "clubbing" where you stay awhile. I didn't read the official article, but followed the discussion on the Forums when it was first released.

It says you once you sign up for premium you have to remain premium for 45 consecutive days before qualifying for any/all perks, (with the exception* of land). This is applied per account, not person. And only the first time you sign up for premium. If you drop premium at any point, you will not get particular perks (the 1000Ls) the next time you go premium (on that account) and any time after that.

Edit: *I think the only other exceptions are weekly stipend and number of groups.

ReEdit: Maybe I should have said the only perk you don't get unless you do the 45 consecutive days is the 1000Ls. Everything else seems to be immediate. I don't think that has changed in 18 years.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.